Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSISSIPPI > Mississippi Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Mississippi Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Mississippi.

Old 08-29-2007, 02:40 PM

Question Unit 2 ???

Hi Everyone!
My boyfriend just got transferd to CMCF to wait on an opening at the WGCF! i went to the MDOC website and it says that his location is at CMCF and unit CMCF 2 can anyone tell me about that?! And does anyone kow how long it takes to get outta CMCF?
Old 08-29-2007, 02:42 PM
Pied Piper
Donation Award 

Thanked 12,587 Times in 3,621 Posts

CMCF 2 is the receiving and classification unit. Everyone goes through this unit first.

He will be there likely 4-6 weeks, sometimes less, sometimes more depending on assignments etc. and availability.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:55 PM

Thanks!
Old 01-26-2008, 02:33 PM

Seems this thread hasn't been posted on in a while, but my son was just sent to Rankin for classification, he's an insulin dependant diabetic and some of the stuff I've read here is scaring me bad. He was in Leflore County Jail until this past Thursday and the medical care he got there was pathetic. No matter what he told them or what I tried to tell them made any difference. We had so hoped that by going to Rankin he would at least get proper medical care. Proper treatment of his condition is extremely important and it seems from his treatment there and reading about the medical treatment of Rankin he's just plain screwed! Right now all he's getting is one shot a day. No sliding scale, no glucose testing. He won't see a doctor until Monday, maybe! This is WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2008, 02:39 PM
Donation Award 

I imagine he will stay at CMCF due to "Medical".. I have a friend whose son is there and she went through about the same. I will send you a PM message and maybe we can hook you up with her because she is VERY HELPFUL.....
Old 02-23-2008, 05:20 PM
Donation Award 

Can someone explain how the "emergency" visits work. I think they are called "emergency visits" at CMCF. I know you have 2 per year but if you have one is it in open area visiting like a usual visit or behind a glass if they are B custody and how long can that visit be for ( 3 hours or how long)?? If you asked for one of these who do you go through, Mrs. Bingham??

Thanks ahead of time for any one who knows these answers. I have a family member asking me to find out this info..

Last edited by I-Care; 02-23-2008 at 05:25 PM..
Old 02-23-2008, 10:12 PM
Still Totally in Love
Donation Award 

I-Care, you may mean "Special Visits?" Inmates are allowed 2 "special" visits which are actually held on facility visit days just like regualr visits but on the units "off" visit days.i.e. rather than going on the 2nd or 4th sat. you could go on the 3rd. Approval goes through the warden's office for the area the inmate is in. I don't know about "emergency visits."
I would call the assistant warden for the area or the visitation officer who will pass to Assist warden.

Old 02-24-2008, 03:37 AM
Donation Award 

Glamma... Yes, I was wrong, they are called special visits...THANKS!!I will pass on the info to my family...

Bless Ya...
Old 03-01-2008, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
This is very true, however the only way to get anything done or to get better is to go to the doctor. As I said before I do not think they should charge inmates for medical care. But realisticly if you were in the free world you would also wait hours to see a doctor, and then you would pay 10 times that to see him. As I said before. MDOC is being sued due to the medical problem, and MDOC will not win, and the $6.00 will not be a legitimate complaint. Also if the medical probem is legitimate then they will get proper attention. I always did.
It is my understanding that the $6 is not usually charged for necessary medical care. Of course, we all have different definitions of what "necessary" means.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly05
Hi Everyone!
My boyfriend just got transferd to CMCF to wait on an opening at the WGCF! i went to the MDOC website and it says that his location is at CMCF and unit CMCF 2 can anyone tell me about that?! And does anyone kow how long it takes to get outta CMCF?
Just so that you know, if he is waiting for a transfer to WGCF he may very well be at CMCF 1 (R & C unit) instead of CMCF 2 (Quick Bed). Youthful offenders are often housed at R & C instead of Quick Bed, due to the ability to segregate them in cells instead of leaving them in open bay.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:16 AM
Donation Award 

"Call back".. It is my understanding all visits are 6 dollars UNLESS your next visits are classsified as "Follow Up"... Good example is diabetes. If you go once and have follow up appt's they are not suppose to be charging for follow up's. I hear from some that they do but my love one has been at CMCF for 6 years and as I understand it she has never been charged for a follow up. She knows to ask that be put on the slip though for the next visit.

Also I undertand they are beginning to seperate the "youthful" offenders on the women's side too. I was glad to hear that.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Care
Also I undertand they are beginning to seperate the "youthful" offenders on the women's side too. I was glad to hear that.
Now THAT is news to me. Do you know where they are housing "youthful" female offenders?
Old 03-01-2008, 11:57 PM

I-Care, I can tell you my fiance has diabetes and high bp and it is my understanding that he gets charged EVERY time he goes. He gets charged to go just to get a refill on his meds. AND on top of that, they will only see him for one thing at a time, so if he has several things that need to be tended to, he has to submit a separate request for each one. He has to determine which one is most important, etc. AND he has been out of his bp meds for close to a month before and had to put in repeated requests to be seen for a refill. It is VERY frustrating!!

Quote:
It is my understanding all visits are 6 dollars UNLESS your next visits are classsified as "Follow Up"... Good example is diabetes. If you go once and have follow up appt's they are not suppose to be charging for follow up's. I hear from some that they do but my love one has been at CMCF for 6 years and as I understand it she has never been charged for a follow up. She knows to ask that be put on the slip though for the next visit.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:38 AM

Default sick call requests and $6

According to MDOC policy, the inmate is not supposed to be charged when submitting a sick call request for:
a) any truly urgent or emergency request
b) medication refill
c) chronic care visit
d) followup visit for a problem that has been addressed by medical.

Now, just stating on the sick call that the problem is a "followup" because you have diabetes or another medical problem does not mean that the patient will be charged for the sick call request. I think the terminology the MDOC uses is "inmate initiated sick call."

In other words, if you have diabetes and you submit a sick call because you want medical treatment for a headache, then you will probably be charged $6. If you have diabetes and you have a headache because your blood sugar is 600 and you are dehydrated, you should not be charged a sick call.

There is a mechanism for the inmates to challenge any sick call charge that they feel is not levied appropriately. Sometimes the decision to charge the sick call fee is left to the nurse and thus it is not always the right decision.

hope this helps. this is the way it is SUPPOSED to work and granted may not be the way it works all the time.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:33 AM
Donation Award 

Oh thanks "onyx".. VERY WELL EXPLAINED!!!
TREMENDOUS HELP!!
Old 03-02-2008, 01:32 PM

By the way, I spoke to my sweetie this morning and asked him about it, he said he is not being charged for followups or anything that has to do with his diabetes or high bp. However, he is still struggling to see the doctor when requested. Most recently he submitted a request, saw the nurse, was told he would come back to see the dr, when he went back, he only got to see the nurse again. Also, they had put him on Niacin tabs, we have no idea why, and his blood sugar has not been below 300 since he started taking them. He told me today that he is not going to take them anymore, he stopped on Friday and his bs was down to 167 on Saturday. He has a request in to see the dr. So we will see how it all works out. Thanks Onyx for that excellent info!!
Old 04-09-2008, 08:30 PM

Default Medical in CMCF

I am very upset at the medical attention or lack of medical attention my brother is getting. His foot went numb and all they say is fill out a sick call slip and now it has spread to his leg. He no longer has feeling in his leg. I have called the chief of medical I dont know how much it will help if at all but I feel so helpless. If anyone has any suggestions for me to help my brother please tell me I'm new at this.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:48 PM
Still Totally in Love
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by edsis View Post
I am very upset at the medical attention or lack of medical attention my brother is getting. His foot went numb and all they say is fill out a sick call slip and now it has spread to his leg. He no longer has feeling in his leg. I have called the chief of medical I dont know how much it will help if at all but I feel so helpless. If anyone has any suggestions for me to help my brother please tell me I'm new at this.
If you did not actually talk to Dr. Liddell, email her. She will reply and she will look into the matter.
Keeping your brother in prayers.
All my best.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:40 PM

I have a question?
My friend arrived at MDOC CMCF. He has been classified but he is still there. He has medical problems. A colostomy, Kidney Stones and a drain tube from a ruptured abscess. The drain tube came out on its own. Should have been removed . He did not long after he got there. He did not have the money for the co-pay ( at that time) so he did not get to see the Doctor. He has lost a lot of weight. He is supposed to eat slow and eat many small meals a day. Today is the first day that he was able to get a snack. They had to put him on a diet tray before giving a snack..... He has seen the nurse several times but not the doctor. The Nurse stated that he needs to see the doctor but he saw the nurse again. I am worried about infection. He just barley gets the supplies to change the bag. No seals and no wipes. Any information reguarding who I need to talk to would be appreciated.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:05 PM
Pied Piper
Donation Award 

Thanked 12,587 Times in 3,621 Posts

Call the main MDOC # (601) 359-5600

Ask to speak to the Medical Director's Office.

They will be able to assist, you - you should have all his information ready and in front of you to discuss with them
Old 10-21-2009, 02:47 PM

Default Medical Service needs

Calling the MDOC Medical Director is one idea and you will get attention there, however that request is then sent as a memo to the facility and often gets set aside depending on who gets it. At CMCF you need to call the main number (601)-932-2880 and choose extension 6245. Barring this, ask to be transferred to the Health Services Administrator (HSA). This person works directly for the MDOC Medical Director and his job is to follow up on family complaints and concerns and compliance in the Medical Service which is managed by a vendor. I hope this is helpful.
ps...you also noted the inmate was not seen as he did not have the co-pay. As long as an inmate places a sick call, they must be seen in clinic. If it is a non chronic issue they will be charged but it goes to the inmate account. If there is nothing in the account it will sit there until a depositt has been made and the $6 will be deducted. As any other healthcare service, the CMCF Medical Service cannot refuse to see a patient. That does not mean there may not be some other issue regarding MDOC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodler10 View Post
I have a question?
My friend arrived at MDOC CMCF. He has been classified but he is still there. He has medical problems. A colostomy, Kidney Stones and a drain tube from a ruptured abscess. The drain tube came out on its own. Should have been removed . He did not long after he got there. He did not have the money for the co-pay ( at that time) so he did not get to see the Doctor. He has lost a lot of weight. He is supposed to eat slow and eat many small meals a day. Today is the first day that he was able to get a snack. They had to put him on a diet tray before giving a snack..... He has seen the nurse several times but not the doctor. The Nurse stated that he needs to see the doctor but he saw the nurse again. I am worried about infection. He just barley gets the supplies to change the bag. No seals and no wipes. Any information reguarding who I need to talk to would be appreciated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nadadoc For This Useful Post:
I-Care (10-22-2009), Mrs.Glamma (10-21-2009), PTO-29412 (10-22-2009)
Old 02-27-2015, 01:57 AM

I have a friend that was moved to CMCF. he's being housed in 720 but doesnt have a medical condition. Why would he be over there if he doesn't have a medical condition?