Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Centinela State Prison (CEN) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centinela State Prison (CEN) - California Topic and discussion specific to Centinela State Prison in Imperial, California.

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Redding Lady in Waiting
Donation Award 

I talked with my fiance today and he went to an inmate council meeting for his block/group... and they brought up the marriage issue. He was told that the issues had been resolved and they would start with giving out dates in about a week. Now that might just mean that we get a date for 2 months or however down the line, but at least we will have a date!
Hope this gives some of us some hope.... I have been waiting so long and so have many others and it looks like it might start happening soon!!!
Congrats to all the ladies waiting ---- !!!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2011, 10:38 PM

So do you think we should call In a week or wait for them? Ive been approved since december
Old 08-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Banned

Be patient girls it'll be a while. at my prison everything is situated i THINK except for the operation procedures so they told me it would be a few more months,there's no point in bugging about it,it just takes more time out of there schedule when all the girls keep calling you know. call maybe once a month thats it 8-) calipat and cent were working together so as far as i know once the operation procedures are done @least at calipat that everything should be ok,not too sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by imisshim05 View Post
So do you think we should call In a week or wait for them? Ive been approved since december
Old 08-02-2011, 06:25 PM
Redding Lady in Waiting
Donation Award 

I called and talked with Kens assistant and she said that they are still working on it... I think he might be out by the time they get it together!! Oh well.... at least I have something to look forward to ...

Old 08-03-2011, 12:49 PM

Ughh !!!!!
Old 08-03-2011, 03:45 PM

Some people just want to get married for the family visits... To those of you who want to marry your man because you love him and he is you world. Then i hope you get your dates...The good things in life we have to wait for...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeeplyLoved For This Useful Post:
Beloved01 (08-04-2011), Lazy Girl (09-28-2011), lydiahansen (08-04-2011), vangurl (08-16-2011)
Old 08-03-2011, 10:26 PM

Well im a person who doesnt get to have family visits . . So im 100 percent in it because I love him ..... So dealing with this crap sucks but I will continue to be patient.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:56 PM
True Love Waits

No family visits here either, but he is so worth the wait! Been waiting 14 yrs now! Only love will do that! I remember visiting one day & I overheard a "young" girl in line saying that this was only her second visit & they only had been talking for three months & they were gonna get married so they can have family visits......bad ! She will have regrets later I'm sure.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:17 PM
TriCky'sWif33

i married him because his my best-friend & if i couldnt get family visit i would still be okay i would wait patiently the rest of his 3 1/2yrs. he got left. But i do enjoy our family visits.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:35 AM
Chiefs Wifey

my hubby and I have not had any family visit yet due to his points being to high and him being on close-A.....it's been 7yrs. but it's ok I'd wait an eternity for him.......he is my everything and as long as we have each other nothing else matters.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beloved01 View Post
No family visits here either, but he is so worth the wait! Been waiting 14 yrs now! Only love will do that! I remember visiting one day & I overheard a "young" girl in line saying that this was only her second visit & they only had been talking for three months & they were gonna get married so they can have family visits......bad ! She will have regrets later I'm sure.
That is bad.. i overheard a young girl saying that after they got married she would only visit for the family visit. I just this it is crazy how all these young girls want to get married just to do it. If you really love him you would go visit regardless if it is a family visit or not.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:12 PM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Thanked 1,193 Times in 825 Posts

The Non Weddings with CEN and Calipat isn't a CDCR issue it's a County Issue. The County of Imperial is BS'ing about the fact that their clerks are verifying information on the inmates blindly. It's easier for other prisons because they have clerks in the prison.

I hope the best for all our brides to be, when that special day comes it will be well worth it!

The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs.760 For This Useful Post:
PrincessSinohui (08-18-2011)
Old 08-18-2011, 10:07 AM
Banned

At my prison(calipatria)the rough draft of the operating procedures has already been submitted 8-) once they get it back with the corrections they want made,than claudia fixes them and turns in the final draft we should be good to go!!!!!!!! All i know is calipat and centinela were supposed to be working together so lets hope ladies 8-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.760 View Post
the non weddings with cen and calipat isn't a cdcr issue it's a county issue. The county of imperial is bs'ing about the fact that their clerks are verifying information on the inmates blindly. It's easier for other prisons because they have clerks in the prison.

I hope the best for all our brides to be, when that special day comes it will be well worth it!
Old 09-06-2011, 05:47 PM

I see no updates
Old 09-08-2011, 12:52 PM
Banned

Default Any other options?

Does anyone know if their are any other option? While searching the internet I have came across companies who offer Notarized Prison weddings. Does Centinela allow that? Or I read in one post about a proxy marriage but I thought those were not valid in California unless you are in the Military.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:02 AM
Banned

Default marriage update

I just got off the phone with the marriage coordinator's office and was told they have contracted with someone to do the marriages but the whole process is changing as well as fees. She did not say how they were changing. They are going to start contacting the people who have been previously approved. Apparently the list is very long and they will do about 20 marriages at a time. Not sure how often. I turned my application in the first week of august it just went to his counselor last week. I was told it has to be approved by 4 people and then I will be contacted and to allow approx 3 months. Guess I just have to be patient. Just wanted to give everyone the same update I got. The good news is.. Things will now be moving again.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:36 AM
Forever His!!!

Wow!!! I am sure she will have regrets!! I been with mine for almost 20 years and I cannot have family visits but I hope to marry him one day! Sure family visits would be awesome because of course he is my true desire but I LOVE HIM and that is all that matters to me!!! As long as I get to spend time with him and kiss him and talk to him everyday and write to him everyday I am happy!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beloved01 View Post
The Following User Says Thank You to Lazy Girl For This Useful Post:
lydiahansen (09-29-2011)
Old 10-11-2011, 12:10 AM
Redding Lady in Waiting
Donation Award 

[quote="meandmy2gurlz"]I just got off the phone with the marriage coordinator's office and was told they have contracted with someone to do the marriages but the whole process is changing as well as fees. She did not say how they were changing. They are going to start contacting the people who have been previously approved. Apparently the list is very long and they will do about 20 marriages at a time. Not sure how often. I turned my application in the first week of august it just went to his counselor last week. I was told it has to be approved by 4 people and then I will be contacted and to allow approx 3 months. Guess I just have to be patient. Just wanted to give everyone the same update I got. The good news is.. Things will now be moving again.[/QUOTE

I hope so....I was also told that in June. I figure it will happen when its supposed to.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Banned

Default marriages

I had turned my request in I believe beginning of August and then I was told it went to my fiancé counselor mid Sept. He had his annual and his counselor told him he did not have it. (He was all sad, thinking I just told him I sent it in) I called Sylvia back and she then said she had it and something about letters needing to be changed due to them now having a contracted vendor and the process is now different. Sylvia said my request would go to his counselor later that day. Well I got home Friday and had a letter from the prison that my request has been received and forwarded to his counselor and to allow approx. 30 days.

So we will see. Due to my work I know how long these contracts take and in my case he is not going anywhere anytime soon. So I will try to wait patiently. I could only imagine how many girls are ahead of me. I'm just glad things seem to be moving again and although I don't know her, sylvia was very helpful in answering all my questions and was very nice about it. I could tell she has been getting a ton of calls. Good Luck to all of us!!
Old 10-24-2011, 09:42 AM
Redding Lady in Waiting
Donation Award 

I applied in February....and there was over 20 on the list waiting then.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:21 PM
Banned

Default (im)patiently waiting!

Has anyone heard any word on the marriages? I feel bad everytime I see my man he asks me if I have called to see what the status is. Sheesh We're still waiting on the approval.
Closed Thread