Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Centinela State Prison (CEN) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centinela State Prison (CEN) - California Topic and discussion specific to Centinela State Prison in Imperial, California.

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 05:24 PM
True Love Waits

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajanetmarti View Post
i have a parenting conference I am attending in January. I leave on the earliest flight and have the option of arriving either at the orange county airport or the los angeles airport, i would be there by 7:40am. i know it takes bout 3 1/2 hrs. to get to centinela ( i think) . So any suggestions on how to get there from either airport? thank u
OK, now I am not sure about this info, but doesn't some airline fly into El Centro?? I thought I read that somewhere! What about San Diego? Thats only about 1.5 hrs away. OC would be 2nd choice, or how bout Ontario? LAX is just plain crazy!!!! Rental Car??
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2011, 11:02 AM

Happy Holidays Ladies, I will be visiting this Sat and the new years weekend do you think there will be alot of people?

trying to find the right clothing first time i went they didn't let me wear my skinny black jeans :/ where at previous prison i had no problem oh well just looking forward to my visits
Old 12-22-2011, 06:18 PM
True Love Waits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv4MP View Post
Happy Holidays Ladies, I will be visiting this Sat and the new years weekend do you think there will be alot of people?

trying to find the right clothing first time i went they didn't let me wear my skinny black jeans :/ where at previous prison i had no problem oh well just looking forward to my visits
I think Sat w/be busy & if it gets busy on Sunday, it w/probably be later in the day!
Old 12-22-2011, 07:12 PM

Damn they are getting so picking it seems like. My visits were taken for 6 months and ill be able to see my man in febuary. Now I'm worried I still won't be able to cause of the dress code LOL what's up with the C/O at Centinela????
Old 12-23-2011, 08:00 AM
D&B forever

Ya girl. They way strict. No jeeans whatsoever. Can't show the boobies or booty. Ok basically gotta have everything loose and look like a potatoe bag haha

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lovinghim777 For This Useful Post:
Lazy Girl (12-23-2011), meandmy2gurlz (12-24-2011), PrincessSinohui (12-27-2011)
Old 12-23-2011, 02:44 PM

They always say my pants are too tight so I end up having to wear a skirt...wouldn't they rather girls in pants than skirts???
The Following User Says Thank You to mobstawife For This Useful Post:
meandmy2gurlz (12-24-2011)
Old 12-28-2011, 02:06 AM

My man said when I come I need the birth certificate from my son. I haven't got his actually one yet. I've got the hospital one and I've got his social and all that stuff will that work? I've got all they paper work from when he was born and everything. Also when we go to visit he said they are contact visits.my son is breastfed what am I allowed to bring I. With me? What about diapers or an extra outfit just in case and some wipes? What can/can't I bring in there? How about a blanket so I can make sure I'm covered when he needs to be fed? Are we in a room with other people or ???? Idk just a few things I've been thinking n need to know before a waste my time going there n they kick me out over sommin so little that could be prevented if I ever actually get a way to go visit but it would still be good to kno
Old 12-28-2011, 06:14 AM
Strong Heart, Smart Mind

My best advice for you is to call the Prison here is the number if you do not have it 760 337 7900 and when the recording starts hit 0 a CO will answer just ask for visiting and you will be transferred .. I know that they will not allow you to visit without you having the authorized copy of your sons birth certificate with the offical stamp on it .. They will not accept a copy of it either it must be the original birth certificate .. Now I am not sure how old your son is but if he is just a new born I know there is something you can bring from the hospital when you were discharged but I am not 100 percent on that so that is why I say just call them and have all of your questions or concerns answered by them and feel more confident on what is you need to bring with you when it is you decide to go and visit with your husband .. Good Luck and wish you the best

The most unimaginable feelings!
The most unbelievable love!
I have found within you!!!
Old 12-28-2011, 06:26 AM
Banned

you can take in sealed wipes, change of clothes, diapers, pre-made bottles and blanket. they have to be in a clear bag. You can also take in the carseat. I dont know about breast feeding. I have never seen anyone there doing it. I would also call the prison and ask all those questions.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:40 PM

I echo call the prison for specifics but I have read in the handbook that you can breastfeed but you should be very discrete.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:39 PM

Thank you ladies..... I will call and see. Thnx 4 the number also...
Closed Thread