Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway houses, community service and electronic monitoring in Pennsylvania should be posted here.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:51 PM
Waiting 4 My Dream 2 Come

Thumbs down A 9 month Hit

So it took us 5 weeks to get our green sheet with a negative saying he was denied because he did not show enough sign of being remorse. I am not sure what or how your suppose to show that other then doing your time and staying out of trouble. But fine I am going to believe their is a bigger purpose to this.

I have some questions now:

A 9 month hits does that mean he will see them again approx 9 months from that date on the status making it Dec 14 or would it be like like when he first went up for parole where they see them a couple of months in advance so that by his min he would/should know...

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks
<3 Est: 10:19:03 <3

Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life, love can sneak up & give u a fairytale.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2012, 08:50 PM

It makes sense to me I hope this helps and makes sense. My husband got a year hit for a TPV his year is up in December but he goes before the parole board in September. He got credit for his time we were waiting on his green sheets (December to February)

So if I am correct your husband should be seeing the parole board before his 9 months are up. Based on my experience. Then it is more waiting for the next set of green sheets.
The Following User Says Thank You to JoshiesWife For This Useful Post:
msonlydabest (03-24-2012)
Old 03-24-2012, 07:48 PM
...slow fade to black...

Quote:
Originally Posted by msonlydabest View Post
So it took us 5 weeks to get our green sheet with a negative saying he was denied because he did not show enough sign of being remorse. I am not sure what or how your suppose to show that other then doing your time and staying out of trouble.
This might sound weird, but my buddy comes up for parole next August, and I have a gut feeling that they will give him the same reason for denying it. How are you suppose to show more remorse?

The sentencing judge gave him a stiff maximum because he didn't show enough remorse. (Which I disagree with, I was in the courtroom... but that's what happens when you can pay off the judge and ADA.)

The Following User Says Thank You to tvboc For This Useful Post:
msonlydabest (03-24-2012)
Old 03-24-2012, 08:18 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,306 Times in 1,270 Posts

Inmates measure the length of the hit in whatever way they want. On that Green Sheet, there's a review date (Month and Year) and he will be reviewed on or after that time. It may be nine months from the date of the sheet, nine months from the date he saw the Board, nine months after his former anticipated date, etc. It matters not how it's measured, only what the date is.

The criterion that the candidate show remorse is pretty subjective, which means it can be an excuse when no objective reasons are apparent. In one case I'm working on, the inmate was GRANTED parole, then broke a rule and went to the hole. His green sheet was rescinded and he was given a hit. At his next hearing, they denied parole on the basis that he isn't showing remorse. Go figure.
msonlydabest (03-24-2012), tvboc (03-25-2012)
Old 03-24-2012, 08:41 PM
Waiting 4 My Dream 2 Come

This is all a new process to me and I guess I am disappointed that I had all my eggs in one basket. But I am trying not to be bitter and look pass it.

I believe after his initial shock he looked at his greensheet and figured out he'll see them in December. He is saying it's a 6 month hit because his min would have been in June.

During the hearing he said he it went well that he answered all the questions with all honesty and even shared a laugh. I honestly feel as they saw him too confident and wanted to show him who is boss.

TV good luck to you and your friend I remember we started together....It's a very stressful period and my advice is to just play it by ear to you and your friend not get your hopes up "hope for the best expect the worst"
<3 Est: 10:19:03 <3

Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life, love can sneak up & give u a fairytale.

The Following User Says Thank You to msonlydabest For This Useful Post:
tvboc (03-25-2012)