Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the Kern Valley State Prison located in Delano, California.

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2012, 04:48 PM
LBee LBee is offline
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 454
Thanks: 927
Thanked 355 Times in 166 Posts
Default Can family medical issues affect location of transfer?

My buddy has been in ASU-II at KVSP for about 15 months now, and was told that now he's going to be sent to another prison for a long SHU term, either to Corcoran or Tehachapi. Problem for him is, his mom is in end-stage kidney disease and cannot travel as far as Tehachapi to see him. It's possible that she may die before he leaves there. Can he use this-- with doctor's confirmation-- to have them determine to send him to Corcoran?

Also, I saw on the Corcoran SHU threads that frequently men go their for their SHU term and then get transferred again when the SHU term is up. Does anyone here know if that would be likely for my friend? He's a level 4 lifer.

I appreciate any input y'all can offer!
Mt. 25:34-36... "...'Come, you who are blessed by my Father...For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in...I was in prison and you came to visit me.'"
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2012, 07:29 PM
traviesita's Avatar
traviesita traviesita is offline
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Califas...
Posts: 3,285
Thanks: 3,122
Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,071 Posts

U can try to call his counselor and then contact the ombudsman officer in sac and see if they can help. And yes all doctors letters would be needed. Hopefully it will take a minute to transfer him to the ShU since there needs to be bed space.

After he's done with his SHU he will get transferred to a prison where he can program
Site Moderator:
Cali What you Need to Know ~
Arizona ~ Arkansas~ KVSP ~ Loving a Lifer
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to traviesita For This Useful Post:
LBee (07-17-2012)


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:15 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics