Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Georgia should be posted here.

Old 03-09-2006, 05:44 PM
Maurice's Lady

Default Info on Parole Revocation, and Violating Parole with a new charge

Just when you think all has ended and i have my husband home with me, things come crashing down on my happiness. A week ago my husband was arrested on felony battery charges. Mind you he has only been out just a little over 2 months, with 16 months left on parole. Can anyone please give me any insight on parole violations and the process it has to go through or perhaps what i am expecting now. The parole officer is being no help at all, every time i call i get the "i dont know" answer and its frustrating me. I called to the board and spoke with a gentleman who tried to tell me how it works, but i would love to hear from someone who has possibly gone through this before.

i am so lost, i was so happy for a lil while, and i feel i am slipping away into that deep depression again, we are in a more expensive house and bought a car in that short time of freedom, now i feel i am overwhelmed with so many bills and back to one income.

again any help from anyone at all would be helpful. Georgia is so messed up. they would rather lock up someone than to give them good help.
easy way out for the parole officer i assume.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2006, 10:39 AM
Missin' My Baby...

Sorry to hear about your recent events. I don't have the answers to your questions, but I wanted to send my blessings to you. I hope this will be a smooth and painless as possible situation for you and your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Old 03-11-2006, 06:29 PM

Melinda,
Sorry for what is going on with you. I went through about the same thing. My man has been gone for the 2nd time since 2002. He was home in between about 9 months. That hurt. I get confused with that parole stuff too. I am still hanging in. Hope that helps u. Bless you!
Old 03-12-2006, 05:29 PM
Down 4 Lyfe!

I am so sorry you are having to go through this....I dont really know how the parole process works, my husband has only had probation. I hope you get the answers you are looking for fairly soon. Keep your head up, God will work it out for you.

Patrice
Old 03-13-2006, 08:23 AM
Donation Award 

Try and contact Joe McAdoo with the State Board of Pardons and Paroles. I know his office is downtown, I spoke to him regarding a parole problem with a friend. He was really nice and helpful. If he cannot help, certainly he can guide you to the right person. Good Luck
Old 03-14-2006, 10:56 AM
Devoted Wife and Advocate

I am sorry to hear this.sounds like all of our worst nightmare! I do not have any answers, just wanted to say I am sorry and will say a prayer for you guys.
*...All things work for good for those who love GOD..* Rom. 8:28
Old 03-14-2006, 05:53 PM

Check out the parole website...they have lots of good info about parole violation. My fiance was arrested on a new charge, given probation for that charge, but then kept in on the parole violation. You can PM me if you need to. Keep this in mind: Be very nice to the parole officer, try to find out if he wants your husband to sign a waiver, and then get back with me. Been there, done that, so I can probably give you some help. Good Luck! You will have a long road ahead of you! But we can all help you get through it!
Old 03-17-2006, 05:39 PM
Maurice's Lady

Default SO BAD...waiver , or not....HELP

Things are so bad between my husband and myself. I am trying to have faith that our marriage can suffer yet a third run with jail time. More of our relationship has been spent behind bars than physically together and its starting to take a toll on me. His verbal abuse is to much to handle and today finally i took a stand. I told him i am not going to accept anymore phone calls from him today until i hear from the parole board. All he wants to do is call back to back to argue, because right now he blames me. Not himself of course for his being locked back up. I cant afford all the bills we have now, much less for him to run up the phone we really cant afford. So i assume he thought i was bluffing and call back three times and i refused to answer his calls. So either he is mad that i am standing my ground or he has given up on our marriage. At any rate, i did talk to the parole board today. His parole officer is NEVER there and the chief was out also. But a nice lady at the board told me that his parole officer will visit him next week and offer him to sign a waiver. She said that he can sign a waiver where he will be reconsidered for parole in 6months, if he doesnt sign the waiver he will not be considered again for 12months. So what do we do? If and when we go to court, the new battery charge will more than likely get dropped, so should he take the 6month waiver? and possibly be home then....i dunno, i really have no clue how parole revocation works or these waivers...anyone please help me...i am LOSING my mind, and my marriage along with it. My husband has given up on his life, at only 23.....it saddens me to hear the way he talks.....like he has nothing left, its like he forgets that i am still here and the marriage is still here, but he cant admit he needs help for his anger......what will i ever do....this is such a trying time for me.....new house, another car, alot more bills, and now just my income for the next 6months or more again.....makes me wanna give up, but i feel what doesnt kill us, only can make us stronger....so anyone please help with whatever info you have regarding this waiver situation...he hasnt called me back so i can tell him, dunno if he will. I feel eventually he will break and call.
Old 03-17-2006, 05:54 PM
Down 4 Lyfe!

I sent you a PM..keep your head up girl

Patrice
Old 03-24-2006, 09:49 AM
He's home!!!

Melinda, I am so sorry you are going through all of this. After I spoke to you on Yahoo I knew that you were down in the dumps. I hope things get better for you. Keep your head up! Good luck. I am here if you need to talk.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:37 PM
Bonnie needs Clyde

In our case the waiver was a bad thing, but I guess it's different in each case. My baby signed a waiver and the stuck it to him. His grid scores show he is level 2 and should only do 18-24 months on his revocation, however his TPM is Oct 2010...go figure. God Bless and Good luck!

In It For The Long Haul!

Our anniversary is on it's way!