Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway houses, community service and electronic monitoring in Pennsylvania should be posted here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 12:40 PM

Crazy me again. Is my husband able to see his counslerfor pre-release in 3months as he will have been served have of his minimun in october, he was sentenced to 18-36has been in state since mid-april, awaiting bootcamp, but unsure if he is ever getting there. He went to county on March 26th 2006, and when first arrested served a month in. Can you please help me, im so confused,. They told him his ealriest release would be sept 2008.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2007, 07:48 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,307 Times in 1,271 Posts

he will have been served have of his minimun in october,
Do you mean half his minimum in October?
he was sentenced to 18-36has been in state since mid-april,
So he'd have 9 months up-state in January 2008.
He went to county on March 26th 2006, and when first arrested served a month in. Can you please help me, im so confused,. They told him his ealriest release would be sept 2008.
So his minimum is September, 2008? If he was sentenced on 03-26-06, with one month credit, and received 18 to 36 months, then his minimum is next month (August 26, 2007) and his max is February, 2009.

I know you're confused, but the numbers your giving me don't work.

bob
Old 07-09-2007, 05:45 PM

Default so confused

Ok, i willtry to explain better
he was sentenced and self surendered on March 26, 2007. Not 2006. He is awaiting boot camp, which he was told would be a 6-8 week wait by his counseler, it is now past the 8 weeks, but the couseler also told him he would be home by next summer which didnt make sense as boot camp is 6 months, plus the half way house.We have been married over a year have a child and his boss is holding his job, so i am hoping his home plan will be approved quickly, but unsure, we are no where near that point yet. He served a month in county at time of arrest and then a month before going upstate at self surrender, I am so confused onboot camp wait, as lawyer toldme he would be home by thanksgiving. Wont even begin to comment on the deal with the attorney. Any advice would be so appreciated. thank you so much
Old 07-10-2007, 06:22 PM

PTO Moderator 

If he completes the boot camp program, his release timetable is different. He is elgible for the halfway house upon completion, which is roughly six months after he arrives there. Thanksgiving sounds too soon; January is more likely.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:33 PM

Default Boot Camp

Bootcamp,
my husband wastold he would be leaving for boot camp in 6-8 weeks that was 8 weeks ago, how long is the wait, is it usually a very long wait, he was judge recommended and boot camp eligible, the counsler had him do all the papers and said you should be going in 8 weeks, some leave in 7 weeks. does anyone have any ideas. He was in the dentist there today,and there was a boy getting his dental exam for bootcamp,my hubby asked the nurse if he was on the list and she said, not for this month,so your not leaving this month. Any help.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:53 PM

My 19 year old son was sentenced to 2 -4 years at Pine grove on 10/26/06 for burglary. He was at county for 6/28/06 - 10/26/06 (3months).
Boot camp eligible and time served for county time.
When he got to camp hill, the process was started for boot camp but was stopped and told he was not eligible because his charges say he had "burglary of occupied home" which was a mistake. He argued this was wrong but was sent to pine grove.
We contacted our lawyer asap who investigated and called the camp hill, the problem is: the state and the county interpret how the crime code reads. and neither the state or the county were willing to make a change. So we had to put more money out to get this fixed. The judge refused to fix the mistake with out a formal court hearing. We had to wait 5 months for a judge to say "OOpps" The mistake was fixed on his sentencing sheet. No appology, nothing .

He was told by a councelor he is eligible for pre-release 10/26/07. and was told he could start the application process 3 months prior. well, it took several requests and 2 months before his councelor call him in to give him the application.
Then he was told that he could not actually apply until 10/26/07 and it would take at least 3 months before the application process crossed over the needed desks of the prison system, county etc. and the 4 months he spent at county doesn't count toward pre-release. His sentencing sheet specifically says "time served"
could someone please explain the pre-release ?
Old 09-07-2007, 06:28 PM
...over easy
Donation Award 

If you begin at the beginning of this thread, you will learn a lot about pre-release and where to obtain additional information. Just click on Page 1 and you will be sent to the first page of this thread.
Welcome to PTO!!!

ERacism

...if i know anything at all,
it's that a wall is just a wall
and nothing more at all,
it can be broken down.

---assata shakur
Old 09-08-2007, 09:42 AM

Default pre-release

sorry, the whole process is confusing and so frustrating to me. Since we have gotten different information from the same DOC, we are not sure what to believe and are afraid to not investigate anymore . My son told me that another CO told him to keep inquiring about his pre-release because his councelor is known to "be lazy" and hold onto things until the last possible minute. after at least 10 requests to speak with his councedlor he is finanlly called in to talk and his councelor told him to stop sending him request about pre-release. So, when i inquired about his pre-release status i was told to contact his unit supervisor and we did. she was basically annoyed that we were asking so many questions and defended the councelor. said my son's county time doesn't count toward his pre-release and he can't fill out application until 10/26/07.
So with that, i want to make sure i understand this completely.

county time 6/28/06 - 10/26/06
was sentenced to 2-4 yrs on 10/26/06 but was transferred to graterford for processing 12/23/06. Then transferred to camphill, then pinegrove.

Does county time count toward pre-realese?
Is he eligible for pre-realse 10/26/07?
How soon should the application process be started?
how long does process?

From what I understand:
My son was eligible to start application process on may of 07.
and he is eligible for pre-release 10/26/07
Old 10-11-2007, 07:42 AM

My fiance is at SCI Fayette. His sentence is 2 to 4. He had to serve a minimum of 2 years. He spent 9 months in county. The judge gave him credit for time served. So with the time served he has been incarcetared for 15 months so far. He was allowed to apply for pre-release this week. my question is how much longer will it take from this point for him to be sent to a halfway house or is that up to the powers that be at Fayette?
Old 10-14-2007, 03:58 PM

vote sheet goes around the prison - if thats good then his counselor will write the judge - judge has 45 days to respond. Most likely he will NOT respond - thats as good as an OK. Then ANOTHER vote sheet goes around the prison - AGAIN... if that comes back then they get a bed date. So the time for the papercrap is 10 days 1st vote sheet - 45 days judge - then 10 days second vote sheet. so 2.5 months - THEN they have to get a CCC to take him and give him a bed date, that could be another 21 to 90 days. From start of papercrap to getting out for me it was about 90 days total.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:53 AM

thank you for explaining that. 90 days doesn't sound that bad. I pray that it all goes as smoothly as yours did.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:09 AM
God has my back......

Hi my finace was sentenced to 2 1/2 - 5yrs for possession with the intent to deliver this was his first case ever he was conviced of. He has been down since 08/07. He said he is eligible for pre-release in Aug 08 (to submit his application) From what I understand he has to do at least 18 months (which will be in Jan 0f 09) before he can even be considersed for pre-release? Also, if he is approve by his counselor does the judge who sentenced him and the board also has to approve him for pre-release?

My next question is he is in SCI Greensburg and he said that someone told him that Greensburg doesn't do pre-relesase is that true? Please help really need some answers....

Thanking you in advance

Nia

Last edited by niaj32; 03-18-2008 at 11:11 AM..
Old 03-18-2008, 06:03 PM
...over easy
Donation Award 

Pre-release is a state program so the fact that a person is at one particular prison, or another, should not play a role in being eligible for pre-release. Once the DOC endorses the person for pre-release, information is sent to the sentencing judge; he or she has "x" number of days [30, I think] to respond. If the judge does not respond that is considered an approval for pre-release. One who is under pre-release is still under the supervision of the DOC; it has nothing to do with parole, so the Parole Board is not involved in pre-release decisions.

ERacism

...if i know anything at all,
it's that a wall is just a wall
and nothing more at all,
it can be broken down.

---assata shakur
Old 03-22-2008, 02:01 PM
JosesWife

My husband is currently incarcerated at SCI Rockview. He just finished his application for pre-release can anyone tell me how long this process usually takes from start to finish
Old 04-06-2008, 04:55 PM

PTO Moderator 

Six months is typical.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:43 AM

I have a question about pre release, where should iI post it?
Old 10-17-2008, 02:38 PM

You can start a new thread in this sub-forum, if you like.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:58 PM
Mrs. HS 8272

how does post release work

<A href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/" target=_blank>

Old 10-24-2008, 07:07 AM

Default Parole

I spoke with my son last night. He said that every block in the facility had a meeting with unit superivsors and councelors and were told that all everyone who was scheduled for Parole was cancelled and anyone coming up for parole is put on. No time frame was given just that it could be for a few months or a year.
The reason given, Almost a month ago in Philly, there was an inmate who was paroled and 1 week after his release shot and killed a philadelphia police officer.
So.............we sit and wait. My son's original parole was denied because he didn't interview well, he was scheduled to have another hearing March 2009.
Has anyone in PA heard this info from their loved ones?
Old 10-26-2008, 05:11 PM
Mrs. HS 8272

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithandlove View Post
I spoke with my son last night. He said that every block in the facility had a meeting with unit superivsors and councelors and were told that all everyone who was scheduled for Parole was cancelled and anyone coming up for parole is put on. No time frame was given just that it could be for a few months or a year.
The reason given, Almost a month ago in Philly, there was an inmate who was paroled and 1 week after his release shot and killed a philadelphia police officer.
So.............we sit and wait. My son's original parole was denied because he didn't interview well, he was scheduled to have another hearing March 2009.
Has anyone in PA heard this info from their loved ones?

My husband told me today that the hold on parole for non violent offenders is lefted. So pre release and post release might be possible

<A href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/" target=_blank>

Old 05-31-2009, 05:08 PM

how long do they have to live in the CCC, is it until they were supposed to be released from jail
Old 08-19-2009, 09:46 PM

hi how are u all today? My ? Is my husband is due for pre release from dallas in september,he will be going to minsec in scranton, how long does it take to get a bed there? And his min. Is in january is there any chance he can be released from minsec before his min.?
Old 01-10-2010, 10:07 PM

the judge said my husband was "not RRRI eligible". Does that mean he's not eligible for pre-release?
Old 01-10-2010, 10:51 PM

PTO Moderator 

No, it means his offense prevents him from the RRRI program.

RRRI means Recidivism Risk Reduction Incentive. It's a program wherein the judge imposes two minimum dates. If the person completes the DOC programs prescribed to him and maintains a clean conduct record, he is released on the earlier date. If not, he goes before the Parole Board on the later date. It's the closest thing to good time we could get a few years ago.

Only non-violent offenders are eligible for RRRI, which means most offenders don't get it.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:21 AM

what is post release????
Closed Thread