Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC) Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the California State Prison, located in Los Angeles County, California.

Old 07-23-2006, 04:41 PM
Closed

Default Any info on Lancaster State Prison?

Hi All,

Is anyone's loved one at Lancaster? How does LAC compare to other prisons they may have been in? What are your opinions of the mail service, visiting staff, etc?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2006, 09:15 PM
MiSsInG My BoO! ! !

CalifaAngel, I am in the same boat you are... my husband just got transfered today and I have no clue on how things run there... I was hoping he would end up there since i dont live to far away i would be able to visit more offten. I think he will only be there for reception but then will be sent somewhere else
Old 07-25-2006, 10:41 AM
LOMAS

Hi Ladies I only have what I have experienced so far. My husband got transfered there about 2 weeks ago. I guess he is in B yard where they stay "slammed down" no phones, visits, store or yard, until they can make sure they have no known enemies. Then they are transfered to another yard. So he hasn't called me in these two weeks, but I have gotten mail from him. It takes about two days to get mail from them but he is telling me that it is taking like two weeks for them to get mail from us. That is all I know so far I will let you know when I hear more.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:42 AM
i love my hubby

well my honey was there for reception he was stuck in reception 5 MONTHS we only had window vists that were hard to book and mail was SLOW about 3 weeks to a month to get my mail also dress code real strict they go by the book mostly if female c/o checking u in the c/os seemed pretty friendly as for contact vist i never had them but i heard they are strict compared to now my honey is at calipatria and the mail over here is 3 days so OMG so much better as also not super strict on dress code and we can kiss and hug though out vist the only thing i like about lancaster is that it was only 1 1/2 hr from my house compared to calipat which is 3 1/2 hrs but i aint complainng at least he aint way up north. but i also heard lancaster is always on lockdown but they still get vists so that good anyhow i think personally i like calipat better overall but then again i only been to those who prisons

Last edited by TheForgoten1; 07-25-2006 at 11:44 AM..
Old 07-26-2006, 08:16 PM
MiSsInG My BoO! ! !

=( this is all bad news!!! I dont live far from Lancaster that is why I was hoping he would go there but now I am having second thoughts... see before long ago he was in Old Folsom which was like 81/2 hours driving time so you know I am digging this 1 1/2 driving time to lancaster but you know I hate C/O that hate on us females cause we want to look good for our men! LOL and I know how they be tripping on they way we be dressing... do you know what number to call to get a visit. How long are the visits? and how long does it take to get approved? Thanks ladies for giving us the 411.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:40 PM
Donation Award 

Everything ( and I mean everything!!!) about Lancaster SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
I thank God everyday that my husabnd was transferred out of there!! Do I need to say more?

KellyA.

Old 07-27-2006, 09:17 PM
MiSsInG My BoO! ! !

wow that bad huh?? and here I thought I would be in heaven cause he was closer to home...
Old 07-28-2006, 12:41 AM
i love my hubby

LAC Contact Information
To write to an inmate, or send a package through an approved vender:

(Inmate's name, CDC number)
CSP/LAC (Yard & cell number)
44750 60th St. West
Lancaster, CA 93536-7619

***I recommend calling your inmate's counselor to make sure you have his correct CDC, yard and cell numbers before writing. Just call the main number and ask to be transferred to "Inmate Records". ***

For general prison business

California State Prison, Los Angeles County
44750 60th Street West
Lancaster, CA 93536-7620
(ATTN: Warden Charles Harrison, Visiting Sergeant, etc. )

The physical address is:

CSP, Los Angeles County
44750 60th Street West
Lancaster, CA 93536-7620

Various phone numbers and contacts for LAC:

Main Number- (661) 729-2000
Public Information Officer- main #, extension 6912
Mailroom- main #, extension 7150

***You can also dial the main number and press 0 to speak with an operator. Then ask to be transferred to a specific department.***

Useful Miscellaneous Phone Numbers:

Inmate Locator = (916) 445-6713

Visiting Hotline = (800) 374-8474

for window vists dial this number 661-729-2000 xt 5401 friday morning 8 am sharp u have to hussel and call like if ur calling a radio staion to win a car i swear its limited space and its busy good luck
Old 07-28-2006, 08:01 PM
MiSsInG My BoO! ! !

thats helpful thanks my husband wrote me yesterday but he gave me a po box numer to write him back? should I use that one or the one you gave meInmate's name, CDC number)CSP/LAC (Yard & cell number)44750 60th St. WestLancaster, CA 93536-7619
Old 07-28-2006, 08:50 PM
Closed

Default Wow! Thanx girls

Hi All,

Thanks for all the info ladies! So....if the visiting staff cos are strict with the dress code, what can we wear and still look good. What outfits can you get away with?

I use this address

Name #
csp lac yard-cell
po box 4430
lancaster ca 93539-4430

Last edited by CalifaAngel; 07-28-2006 at 09:15 PM..
Old 07-28-2006, 09:43 PM
i love my hubby

I Wore Alot Of Capris And Those Dressy Shorts That Go To Ur Knees And Cute Tops That Wernt See Through And Kinda Long There Is Alot Of Those In Style Now I Seen Alot Of Those Long Peasant Style Skirts And Of Cousre Cute Slacks I Guess Any Casul Office Were Is Okay .. They Only Tripped On Me Once For Wering Some Abercombre And Finch White Sweat Material Capri I Had Wore Them Once And A Guys C/o Was Coo Then I Wore Them Again A Female Checked Me And Said They Were See Through So It Depends On That
Old 07-29-2006, 10:57 AM
Closed

would knee length denim skirts make it through?
Old 07-29-2006, 11:11 AM
i love my hubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalifaAngel
would knee length denim skirts make it through?
NO DENIM WHATSO EVER! NOT EVEN ANYTHING ANY SHADE OF BLUE SO DONT WEAR THAT THEY WILL DEFFINTLY MAKE U CHANGE
Old 07-31-2006, 12:39 PM
LOMAS

Default Got Mail!!

OK I GOT A LETTER FROM MY HUSBAND THIS WEEKEND AND HE GOT MY FIRST LETTER. THE LETTER TOOK TWO WEEKS TO GET TO HIM!! I AM MISSING HIM SO MUCH BUT I AM GLAD THAT HE IS AT LEAST GETTING MY MAIL.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:50 PM
Closed

Yes!! Mail there takes a long time. Ours has been running 10-14 days for him to get my letters. He says that they claim that it's because the mailroom is short on staff. I wonder if maybe they screen all the mail there more carefully than at other prisons? Anyone have any ideas about that?
Old 07-31-2006, 04:06 PM

What Is The Dress Code In Lancaster? Shoes? Jewlery? Colors? Best Time To Get There For Contact Visit?
Old 07-31-2006, 04:23 PM

If they are in reception... then it always takes long as hell! I live in Indiana and my husband get my mail in a week or less.... he is NOT in reception, he is mainlined to the minimum yard.... so... hmmmm... its probably recption.... they treat prisoners in reception like crap, including mail situations!

Old 07-31-2006, 04:27 PM

Oh... get there early!!!! I just would wear black... slacks or capris and any color shirt except blue or white...u can wear jewelry, but not too much, cuz ya gotta take it all of when u go through the metal detector. As for shoes... nothin with metal in it and no flip flops, u should be cool!

Old 07-31-2006, 05:15 PM

Default Mail Day?

Does any one know what days they receive mail at Lancaster? Is it everyday or certain days?
Old 07-31-2006, 11:19 PM
i love my hubby

they recive mail mon thru fri but it takes close to a month for them to get mail even when i sent freaken postcards and they pick up mail from them mon thru thursday
gothica the dress code at calipat is so much more cooler then lancaster they wont let u in with all the flip flops and sandels everybody be wearing at calipat or white tops either
Old 08-01-2006, 08:41 AM

lancaster is not only reception, its a sny yard also, i like to know how is visiting fo sny ? the mail? and how early to get to prison for sny?
Old 08-01-2006, 09:37 AM
i love my hubby

its all the same though i had to go throug the same thing they went through during process regarding clothes and mail its same also the only thing i do not kno is the actual contact over there but it just seems so diffrent all the lining up thing in middel of night i dont think is that bad cause one time i got there at 9am and i was # 50 then when then u fill out the form u got to wait outside the vist bulding far out in the parking lot with a c/o then c/o when told picks up the slips of everybody who is waiting there then he has to walk way over to bulding turn in slips then until he comes back and instructs everybody to go in i guess they do groups of 50 or less so it does not seem as crowded but word was that lancaster was going to be all reception cause B yard were i had my window vist was empty they had moved all asu and sny and others some were else so hopefully they keep one yard at least for level
DONT LEAVE CALIPAT!!! LOL JUST KIDDING i hope the best for u

Last edited by TheForgoten1; 08-01-2006 at 09:53 AM..
Old 08-03-2006, 08:46 AM

can yu guys tell me what kind of shoes you cannot wear? how much jewlery yu can wear? does the metal detector go off on silver? what colors not to wear?
Old 08-09-2006, 09:37 PM

What can you wear? no blue, no white tops if you can see your bra (try to wear a bar close to your skin color), no thong shoes or flip flops, 1 of each type of jewery(1 ring, 1 pair ear rings, 1 watch, etc.), dont wear a ponytail unless its your hair(sometimes they let you through but most times it ends up in the trash) and check your rear end because if they can see through your pants or they are too tight they will send you to change. no blue denim or any colors that the staff, guards or inmates wear. no layered shirts either. That's all I can think of right now but I'm sure there is more.
Mail? I dont write I visit every weekend and talk on the phone. I also send money online.
CO's? If you follow their rules and dont complain everytime they change them then they usually dont bother you. There is good and bad ones but I just stay to myself and try to be pleasant to all.

Old 08-12-2006, 03:58 PM

Hey, I dont under stnad he was in Lancaster for repetiption? I thought they couldnt have visits when they're in reception?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForgoten1
well my honey was there for reception he was stuck in reception 5 MONTHS we only had window vists that were hard to book and mail was SLOW about 3 weeks to a month to get my mail also dress code real strict they go by the book mostly if female c/o checking u in the c/os seemed pretty friendly as for contact vist i never had them but i heard they are strict compared to now my honey is at calipatria and the mail over here is 3 days so OMG so much better as also not super strict on dress code and we can kiss and hug though out vist the only thing i like about lancaster is that it was only 1 1/2 hr from my house compared to calipat which is 3 1/2 hrs but i aint complainng at least he aint way up north. but i also heard lancaster is always on lockdown but they still get vists so that good anyhow i think personally i like calipat better overall but then again i only been to those who prisons