Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC) Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the California State Prison, located in Los Angeles County, California.

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 05:13 AM
Miss us?

Thanked 2,705 Times in 1,131 Posts
Default VISITING Q&A/Issues Thread

Are regular visits allowed at all during Reception?

How many people can visit during a regular visit?
Do we need an appointment for regular visit?

What is the family visit like? A bungalo? A Cell? A cottage? I have no clue.
How many can visit during a Family Visit? Does it start on a Friday night and continue for 48 hours? or?

Thank you so very much for any information
Bless the Inmates!
member of the rubber band mama club
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2007, 11:25 AM
his one and only wife

Hope this helps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessTheInmates
Are regular visits allowed at all during Reception?Visits are allowed during reception, but you have to be an approved visitor. Your loved one has to send you a visiting application, once you recieve it fill it out completely and send it back. Sometimes it can take a while to be approved.

How many people can visit during a regular visit? In reception they can have up to 3 visitors, in a regular contact visit once they reach mainline they can have up to 5.

Do we need an appointment for regular visit? In Lancaster you have to have an appointment to visit an inmate in reception.

What is the family visit like? A bungalo? A Cell? A cottage? I have no clue.
How many can visit during a Family Visit? Does it start on a Friday night and continue for 48 hours? or?Family visits are a totally different approval process, once your loved one reaches a mainline facility, he can request a family visiting application from his counselor.

Thank you so very much for any information
Bless the Inmates!
The Following User Says Thank You to Luvly143 For This Useful Post:
CDCsMom (12-28-2010)
Old 11-02-2007, 07:33 PM
Faith

Reception visits are only 30 minutes long and depending on the yard he is in, the appointment can only be made on a certain day. Visiting rules are very strict, follow everything to the 'T" Family visits, you need to be married a parent grandparent or the children.

http://tickers.tickerfactory.com/ezt...90/s-event.png
Old 11-05-2007, 03:16 PM
He's Home, Thank God!!!

30 minutes!!! oh man, when i was going to lancaster reception earlier this year the visits were an hour. why did they change them?

"Love Is Stronger than any Addiction"

My Loved one is Now Home
June 02, 2008
Thank God!
Old 11-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Miss us?

Thank you soo very much everybody! The information you provided was awsome. Things are becoming so unfoggy lately due to everybody helping with these random questions.

I am very grateful to all of you. I'll try to find out more about the Family visits before the time comes as well.

Love and Blessings to you and your loved ones.

Bless the Inmates!
Old 11-20-2007, 02:15 AM

Hi! I am "new" to Lancaster but unfortunately not new to my honey being incarcerated. Anyway, let me know if you have found any good info on Lancaster. Mine has been there since August and is still in reception as of November. PM me if you need a Lancaster buddy and together we can find some good stuff!
Old 11-27-2007, 12:21 PM
Miss us?

Default Visiting Questions & Issues Thread

Hello!

We're still awaiting approval for visitation to Reception. Can anybody contribute here who can tell me a little about their visiting experience at Lancaster? Reception or Mainline. I would like to understand things a bit better beforehand. Anything you can think of would be wonderful.

Bless the Inmates

Last edited by Terry; 09-06-2008 at 09:36 AM.. Reason: clarify and generalize thread
Old 11-27-2007, 11:51 PM

my husband is in lancaster a-yard. behind glass is an hour and i think u have to have an appointment. if its just a normal visit its from 9-3 get there at 8 if u want an all day visit. there starting to get a bit strickt about touching and stuff. me and my husband got in trouble for me putting my head on his shoulder. prtty things. 30 in ones or quarters. its basic if u want pictures its 2 dollars a ducut. quarters bring a couple extra bucks in quarters for pics cause u get them before they check u and let u go through the medal detector. basically just sit in a room at a little table and visit if its contact visit. vending machines with food. depends on the yard there in too. some are more strick then others. im not sure what else ur really looking to know. feel free to ask any questions or send a message if i wasnt clear. good luck and i hope when u get to go u have a great visit!
Old 11-28-2007, 12:29 AM
Miss us?

ToungeTied,

Thank you for all that information! I'm trying to imagine it. And your info really helped alot. I didn't know the visits were inside a room. I had a picture in my mind that it would be outside. Are there many others in the room too? We just want to hug our son freely and hold his hands and talk together. I know it's going to be so emotional. The vending machines sound very nice to have available. Thank you for the tip on the cash information.

Have you had a family visit at all? I probly have some wrong ideas about them. Are they cells? Small buildings or structures? Anything is a whole lot better than nothing. What are they like if you know?

We hope to be approved for the reception visitation soon. I'm so glad to get information about all this. I can know what is ahead for us now.

Thank you Thank you
Bless the Inmates
Old 11-28-2007, 12:34 AM
Miss us?

If we get a Reception Visitation, we have to call for an appointment. Then we drive to Lancaster. What happens next?

When you visit, what do you do when you drive into the Facility? I read the manuals here, but haven't found detailed information on the proceedure that takes place.

Bless the Inmates
Old 11-28-2007, 09:36 PM

when u drive in there is a line sometimes. if not u pull in make sure there is nothing in ur trunk. make sure that ur wearing the right color clothes.stay to the right lane its for visitors. the gaurd will call u up when they are ready for u. the check ur trunk. check ur id. they give u a slip. make sure u dont have any tools or random things less is better inside ur car. pull forward. park in visiting parking. (the first parking lot). fill out ur slip and u walk down a path by a big wood board that has dress code rules. u go down and u will see a building to ur right. go in there take ur slip to the counter give it to a gaurd. wait till they call u. in the mean time get ur picture ducuts from the machines. when they call u all jackets, jewlery, hair ties, clips, belts all come off. shoes also. they will ask u to show the bottom of feet and a bunch of other stuff. go through medal detector. and the gaurds can help u from there just ask. if it is a contact visit u can sit on a balcony like a picnic bench and its gated by fence all around u. nothing really great. depends on the visit ull have, if its behind glass there is a cornor in the visiting room where u sit and there is the phone and stuff and i think those are only an hour.
my husband is a lifer so we dont get family visits. but they are like trailers. like the barrecs at a school kind of like that. they acconidate u like a home inside from what i am told cause its an all weekend thing.
in visiting there is a bunch of little tables and chairs set up and yes everyone is in a room. each inmate and there visitors(s) at a table. u get assigned a table. im not sure what else to say anything else let me know glad to be of help. it was hard my first time. i did everything u could possibly wear wrong i wore. i had no idea what to expect. its pleasant though.
The Following User Says Thank You to toungetied2003 For This Useful Post:
HannaBoe (06-17-2010)
Old 11-29-2007, 01:15 AM

My fiance is also a lifer and he is in c yard. the description by tonguetied are very good. but i must tell you that make sure you have no cameras in your car. they will take them away and even threatened to throw them away. it happened to me already. what i tend to do is make sure that no camera or cellphone is visible. DO NOT put them in the glove compartment. they check that too. i have been going to lancaster since july and so far everything has been ok. make sure your shoes are not that flexible like soft soles. they do not allow them in. also make sure not to do nothing to fancy with your hair. they make you shake it to make sure nothing is in the hair. i know it sounds ridiculous but they do check. i hope this helps.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:51 AM
Miss us?

TongueTied and LopezRosales,

Thank you soo much for your descriptions. They are really great and so detailed. I have such a better idea of what it's going to be like now. I'm so glad you're here to help others out. And I'm so very very sorry for what you are both facing. God Bless you, inmates and your family's.

Bless the Inmates
Old 11-29-2007, 08:00 AM
Miss us?

This is such a great thread. Thank you to all who are contributing their own experiences at Lancaster.

I wonder about the appointment making process. When we get through on the phone, is the appointment set usually setup for the following weekend or is it a few weeks waiting for your day to arrive for visiting?

Bless the Inmates
Old 12-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Faith

Lancaster reception visits are only 30 minutes, they are no longer an hour, they are very strict there! Follow the dress code allow at least 1hour to 1 1/2 hours before your appointment for processing. Depending on the yard your son is in, that will determine what day you make an appointment C yard is on Thursdays for the Sat/Sun that follows A/B yard is on wednesdays, try to call early it is very difficult to get threw to make an appointment, again dont be late! If your appointments is at 10:00a and you arrive at the window at 10:10 you only have a 20minute visit left!

http://tickers.tickerfactory.com/ezt...90/s-event.png
Old 12-03-2007, 07:52 AM
Miss us?

SierraFamily,

Thank you sooo much. This is some very important information you posted. I'm so grateful that while he was in county jail that we visited every single weekend. Had I looked into State Prison regulations earlier, we could have informed our son about the complications that might be involved in State Prison. Starting with visiting, to sign the application FIRST before he sends it.

Thank you again
Old 12-06-2007, 02:47 PM
ALWAYZLOVEHIM

Default Just got approved for lancaster what do I wear?

Hello PTO,

I just got apprved to see my best friend in lancaster reception. i never viseted before so i dont know what to wear and what not to wear and also what is the procedure on the line how long to wait. what do i need to take and all the visitation requirements. Thank you so much for your help.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Miss us?

I'm so happy you were approved! I didn't know friends of the inmates were able to apply to visit. I thought it was only parents, kids, spouses etc. This is good news

There is a thread or 2 about Lancaster that others have replied with alot of information. They have the experience of visiting there already. Maybe you can find it, and after your visit maybe you can add more information to the thread for others like myself to get more of an idea of how things work there too. I'll be doing the same as soon as we get a visitation privilage.

Here's one of the Links
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=303105

Last edited by BlessTheInmates; 12-09-2007 at 08:56 PM..
Old 12-26-2007, 03:15 PM

Default LA County - Lancaster Prison

Hi. My fiance is in Lancaster. Does anyone know how long it takes to get approved to go and visit. if you have any information on visiting at that prison i would really appreciate it. thanks.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:23 PM
Miss us?

Scroll down to the very bottom of the main prison forums. "Other California State Prisons" is in that Link. There's a Lancaster Thread that a few of us are trying to maintain together and a few links on top of the page to find Lancaster Prison official Information

Sorry its the Long way to find it. Quite a few prisons are located there, we all need some attention back there, the more people to share information the better.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:37 PM
missing my boy

wooohoo finally got a letter from my bf and it included the visitor form for lancaster....so how long did it take people here to get approved to go visit? how long should I be expecting to wait? anyone?
Old 12-27-2007, 09:00 PM
Miss us?

Wonderful News Wendy! Is that not the best mail you've gotten in ages! We had a slight mishap on our first application process, so we're on the second round of getting approval. Ours is taking extra long.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:28 PM
missing my boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessTheInmates
Wonderful News Wendy! Is that not the best mail you've gotten in ages! We had a slight mishap on our first application process, so we're on the second round of getting approval. Ours is taking extra long.
Yes, it was lovely to get his mail today. I was so excited that I went and took a letter to the post office...lol I'm a dork..haha couldn't wait til tomorrow. What was your mishap? Did he not sign the form? Because my boy didn't sign it either. I think they are supposed to sign it before they send it no? I was like grrrrrr are they not told? So I told him this in the letter and to send me another one just in case. I don't know. Still a process we are all learning I guess.

But yes...glad to get his mail...took it 6 days from when he wrote it....not bad.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:11 AM
Miss us?

ruh oh! Same mishap as we had. We assumed that his signature was going to take place AFTER the prison got our applications back. WRONG! Three weeks later we got them back. We had to start allllll over. He had no idea our applications were sent back. We called the prison told them of our plight and well lets just say I think they forgot to follow thru with the special favor to contact him to send us new ones. tick tick tick. So we wrote letters to him which take about 2 weeks to get into his hands. When he got word from us on December 3rd. He sent new applications out the same day. What a fiasco

You did the Best thing to write to him asap to send a new one with his signature. Wish we had thought of that first. ugh. Rather than sending the non signed ones off and waiting 3 weeks for your application to come back unsuccessful. Save yourself weeks and weeks and weeks of time.

I'm having a feeling we're going to be approved anyday now. wee!

Last edited by BlessTheInmates; 12-28-2007 at 12:16 AM..
Old 12-28-2007, 12:25 AM
missing my boy

So yes I did mention it in the letter for him to send me a signed one but I sent the other one anyways. Did you mail it seperately or did you mail it with the regular letter and let them take it out? Just wondering. But yeah had read plenty of the threads here saying that people had gotten them un-signed, a great heads up. I wonder why that fact is left out or even sent out that way, that sucks!

Let me know how long after you sent it that you got approved, I'm right behind you..hehe
Closed Thread