Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC) Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the California State Prison, located in Los Angeles County, California.

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 02:24 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,529 Times in 1,050 Posts

Any calls ladies?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2010, 01:08 AM

Default Phone Calls

Hey all - just got back from a FV and my husband was telling me that they have been on a modified program type lockdown that has kept them from being able to use the phones - b/c of a kite that had somethin to do with harming an officer....don't know if this has changed since today - but I thought I would give the heads up since I was wondering about the no calls issue myself before my visit.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amebre82 For This Useful Post:
Brandy (05-03-2010), RoddasMaMa (05-03-2010)
Old 05-02-2010, 02:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amebre82 View Post
Hey all - just got back from a FV and my husband was telling me that they have been on a modified program type lockdown that has kept them from being able to use the phones - b/c of a kite that had somethin to do with harming an officer....don't know if this has changed since today - but I thought I would give the heads up since I was wondering about the no calls issue myself before my visit.
Thanks for letting us know.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:01 PM
TIL THA CASKET DROPS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amebre82 View Post
my man wrote me sayin the same thing.he said they have been locking down all blocks not just the one it was dropped on so they are screwin everybody over!!!!!my man said he thinks a cop is doin it cause the budget cuts and they dont wanna work he said hes been at a prison b4 where they found a cop was droppin all these kytes lol so who knows i wouldnt be suprised cause it seems its been a kyte every week in a half the last few months!!!!!!i hope we get calls this week its been 8 days since i talked to my love and i know you guys havent heard from yours in a min!!!!crossin my fingers but not holdin my breath!

MISSIN HIM MORE THEN A BLINDMAN MISSES SIGHT!!!!

Last edited by RoddasMaMa; 05-03-2010 at 12:04 PM..
Old 05-03-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoddasMaMa View Post
i havent got a call since the 24th and my man was called into medical a couple min b4 are call was done he was suppose to spend the next day in the prison hospital so im super worried!!!!please if anybody gets calls post here so i know if calls are goin out cause if they are and im still not hearin from him im gunna be buggin out here by tomorrow lol!!!!thanx ladies!!!
You should call the unit ask for the preacher He will update you and keep you updated. I have a brain tumor and the preacher always kept my husband updated!
The Following User Says Thank You to WRIGHTBABYLOVE For This Useful Post:
RoddasMaMa (05-04-2010)
Old 05-04-2010, 02:35 PM
TIL THA CASKET DROPS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRIGHTBABYLOVE View Post
You should call the unit ask for the preacher He will update you and keep you updated. I have a brain tumor and the preacher always kept my husband updated!
luckily i got mail lettin me know he was ok thank you though that is good to know!!!!im sorry to hear that hun are you ok???that is really sweet the preacher keeps your husband posted on how you are doin i would be flippin out if i was him!!im shelly by the way nice to meet you hun!!my prayers are with you hun the best thing to do is stay positive and imagine you getting better everyday youd be suprised how healing positive thinking and vibes really are!!!

and still no call here for me

Last edited by RoddasMaMa; 05-04-2010 at 02:37 PM..
Old 05-12-2010, 02:50 PM

Default confused on the phone calls

i have had GTL on my cell phone since my hubby was in the county since feb14th..yes he got locked up on Valentines Day.. but anyways he is in LAC reception as u all know now since 4/21 but i want to be prepared...everytime i calll GTL i get the recording that i need to leave my phone number and a rep will return my call..ummm im still waiting..but i just want to know if i can still get his calls on my cell phone... thru GTL..n i have read n read the threads about GTL n its just way tooooo much information..that i just need to know yes or no..lol my cell phone is thru t-mobile...not a pre paid cell phone..but the GTL account is pre paid..that i always have 25/50 on it... please advise... i just don't ever want to miss that one call cuz i was not prepared i will go nuts...seriously..i can barely take this 3wk delay on the mail...missing the call oh nooooo... he is still in the B-gym..
Old 05-12-2010, 02:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolixrufo View Post
i have had GTL on my cell phone since my hubby was in the county since feb14th..yes he got locked up on Valentines Day.. but anyways he is in LAC reception as u all know now since 4/21 but i want to be prepared...everytime i calll GTL i get the recording that i need to leave my phone number and a rep will return my call..ummm im still waiting..but i just want to know if i can still get his calls on my cell phone... thru GTL..n i have read n read the threads about GTL n its just way tooooo much information..that i just need to know yes or no..lol my cell phone is thru t-mobile...not a pre paid cell phone..but the GTL account is pre paid..that i always have 25/50 on it... please advise... i just don't ever want to miss that one call cuz i was not prepared i will go nuts...seriously..i can barely take this 3wk delay on the mail...missing the call oh nooooo... he is still in the B-gym..
You need to get a hold of GTL and change your account from county to state prison's, then you will be all set to go. If you leave your number they call back in about an hour, sometimes it could be three hours. or just hold on hold if they let you. They might want a copy of your cell bill, which you could fax over to them, eh.. not sure of the number (I'll go find it), but you do gotta get GTL on the line to change it from county to state for sure.. I found out the hard way! *sigh* Missed a bunch of calls, went insane and then broke down and got a land line put in JUST for his calls.. hah!
Old 05-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Banned

Ok here ya go.. this is what I got off the GTL threads.. LOL!
To hook up a cell phone, you will need your cell bill and then fax it here 1-866-262-9123 or you can email it at WirelessActivations@gtl.net Wait 3-5 days no matter which method you went for. If they dont call you back, call them. Once it is activated they will ask you for your credit card to fund the account. And you're done.

But I dont know if you need to wait the 2-3 days or if they might be able to do it over the phone b/c you have GTL on your cell as is, this is to hook up NEW GTL on cells..

Sorry it was probably no help huh!? Eeek..
Old 05-12-2010, 04:19 PM

MsBea to the rescue once again..thank u soooo much...yes it was help.... i just hope the phone doesn't have to be in my name its in the hubbys name all of our phone lines...are...but we shall see...thanks..n yes i want to be prepared... cuz i would lose my mind if i lost a call..all this waiting for a letter i could be settin up my phone line..lol.....thx..ur the best..
Old 05-12-2010, 06:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolixrufo View Post
MsBea to the rescue once again..thank u soooo much...yes it was help.... i just hope the phone doesn't have to be in my name its in the hubbys name all of our phone lines...are...but we shall see...thanks..n yes i want to be prepared... cuz i would lose my mind if i lost a call..all this waiting for a letter i could be settin up my phone line..lol.....thx..ur the best..

I heard it has to be in the name of the CC you are going to use to pay for the calls. But then that is like almost two years ago, so once you get them on the phone, ask them. I hope you can get it switched over smoothly!

Your welcome, anytime I can help I will.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBea View Post
I heard it has to be in the name of the CC you are going to use to pay for the calls. But then that is like almost two years ago, so once you get them on the phone, ask them. I hope you can get it switched over smoothly!

Your welcome, anytime I can help I will.
wow something odd just happend... 17815031800 called on my cell phone just now... i was like omg omg..how can he use the phone i answer n its silent like the mute was on but my phone is working fine..no nothing on the other end what so ever i kept saying hello hello..n no operator nothing..this is the number that came up when the hubby was is in county...so i was so frantic..thinking wow what is goin on..im just staring at my phone the call ended but didn't hear a thing..so i call GTL n still had to leave my cell number for the csr to call me back..im thinkg if he had someone try to call me.. or what cuz i called the records dept..in he is still in the B-gym...my stomach is turning..i thought he got transferred again.. but nope he is still there per the records dept..wow for the past week i have been feelin so uneasy thinking its cuz of the mail since no ltrs..i just feel like crying cuz i can't call it on the way i am sooo like out of it..like something is wrong..u know.. n i have been praying soooo hard..prayin god opens up the communication between my hubby n I...that he can feel me that i am thinking of him...n worried..n than look a call..now i am goin out of my mind..with all this questions..i am a mess..
Old 05-13-2010, 04:12 PM

sorry pto frenz..i was goin crazy n that number is not valid... but anyways...it wasn't from no jail or prison..i got it twisted it was like any area code begining with 7 besides 714 its a call from the hubby..but it made me set aside everything n get a hold of GTL n of course the hanging up n calling back to back..i got a CSR.. n yes i got thru... n I am all set.. so if he does call or he has someone else call i am ready..wow..i am really goin out of my mind..n checked the mail as well nada..again.. but will continue to pray..i need to lay off the caffeine... rite..i can't even think..so sorry the number that i need to keep my eye on is for 713 981 0098..jajajajajajajaajaja...

Last edited by yolixrufo; 05-13-2010 at 04:20 PM..
Old 05-13-2010, 06:31 PM
Banned

Awe I'm sorry it was nothing.. I'm glad though you are all set up and ready to go! The number hubby always calls from is: 661-728-0370

Not sure if it's the same number on all yards but at the other prison hubby was at, the number for all the ladies was the same, so maybe here at LAC too..
Old 05-14-2010, 09:19 AM
Busy Mom
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,991 Times in 1,085 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBea View Post
Awe I'm sorry it was nothing.. I'm glad though you are all set up and ready to go! The number hubby always calls from is: 661-728-0370

Not sure if it's the same number on all yards but at the other prison hubby was at, the number for all the ladies was the same, so maybe here at LAC too..
That's the same number that shows up when I get call from C4.

CA Moderator
3 Strikes Discussion, In Bull Session,
LAC, SOL, CTF, MCSP, PVSP
Old 05-15-2010, 02:28 PM
TIL THA CASKET DROPS!!!

Hey yall wonderin if anybody got a call today i heard they got off lockdown last night but i dont see any of yall postin bout gettin phone calls so im kinda worried it might have been to good to be true and something happend AGAIN!!!please post here if you get a call please!!!!

Old 05-15-2010, 03:11 PM
Banned

yeah i got a call this AM at like 8 something.. so calls are going out. hang in there hope you get your call.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:26 AM
Busy Mom
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,991 Times in 1,085 Posts

I got a call Friday night so calls are going out. I hope you get yours soon.

CA Moderator
3 Strikes Discussion, In Bull Session,
LAC, SOL, CTF, MCSP, PVSP
The Following User Says Thank You to LuvandLaughsCA For This Useful Post:
RoddasMaMa (05-20-2010)
Old 05-17-2010, 12:43 PM
TIL THA CASKET DROPS!!!

i got my call sat night!!!!thanx ladies hes suppose to call again today knowin how LAC is we gotta get our calls in now b4 sumthin else happens!!!

Old 05-17-2010, 03:17 PM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

I finally heard from my hubby 2 day "twice"
Old 05-23-2010, 03:22 PM

Does anybody know whats going on in A2? My man hasnt called in 4 days and now am starting to worry
Old 06-02-2010, 10:58 AM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

Good Morning Ladies..
Has any one recieved a call from C3 since Sat?
I normally here from hubby by now but since we didnt hang up on good terms im starting to stress & think the worse.
Id appreciate any 411 ladies
Thanx & have a good day
Old 06-02-2010, 01:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortyz Wife View Post
Good Morning Ladies..
I normally here from hubby by now but since we didnt hang up on good terms im starting to stress & think the worse.
Thanx & have a good day

I have got a call yesterday from hubby at 4pm, all was good then. He didn't say about anything going on just the regular bs.

hang in there, I hope he calls you today!
Old 06-02-2010, 02:47 PM
TIL THA CASKET DROPS!!!

Quote:
Good Morning Ladies..
Thanx & have a good day
hey hun i heard from mine on monday he is suppose call again today....ugh i hate hanging up on bad terms!!!hope he calls you soon im sure everythings alright just keep your head up and try not to stress too hard on it!!

Old 06-03-2010, 12:37 AM
TIL THA CASKET DROPS!!!

Quote:
Good Morning Ladies..
Thanx & have a good day
i didnt get my call tonight and he was suppose to so who knows whats up!!!i will keep you posted as soon as i know anything hun!

Closed Thread