Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC) Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the California State Prison, located in Los Angeles County, California.

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBea View Post
You drive up to the front gate and tell the CO there that your there to pick up someone and they tell you to park on the other side (from where the visitors park at to get there numbers to go in).. at least that is what I've been told, never picked someone up here.. But that is what I've been told, maybe someone else who has picked up someone can chime in and correct me if I am wrong.

You're not wrong. You drive up to the front gate, give the CO the inmate's name and CDC number. They'll tell you to turn around and park on the other side of the driveway. The bus will come and drop off the inmates who have rides right there where you're parked. Plan for a long wait. I picked my son up in September. I was told to be at the gate at 6am and the bus didnt' arrive until 10:45am.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mbyrd For This Useful Post:
Brandy (12-09-2009), cpywluv (01-01-2010), negroswife (01-11-2010)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2010, 08:45 AM
♥♥PATIENTLY WAITING♥♥

Hello i had a question once you drive up and let them know the inmates name and cdc# do they get your info as well and do they let them know someone's there waiting for them and who it is? Just curious... I should be picking up my hubby in only 18 days..
The Following User Says Thank You to negroswife For This Useful Post:
cpywluv (01-11-2010)
Old 01-11-2010, 05:58 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,529 Times in 1,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by negroswife View Post
Hello i had a question once you drive up and let them know the inmates name and cdc# do they get your info as well and do they let them know someone's there waiting for them and who it is? Just curious... I should be picking up my hubby in only 18 days..
I'm not sure if they get your information I never seen anyone give them anything, they just "talk" then they pull to the other side. I dont think they care who picks them up as long as if they have to meet there PO, they check in if not then I dont think they really care. You might have to show your ID but that is about it. And eh, they might know before they come out that someone is here for them, so they know who to drop off at the gate and who to take to the grey hound.

Sorry I'm no help huh?! hahah! but from the looks they dont do anything but "talk" and tell em' to park on the other side of the "street" per say. hah!

Yaya only 18 more days, I'm GREEN with envy! I'm happy for you girl!!!
Old 01-13-2010, 11:00 PM
♥♥PATIENTLY WAITING♥♥

Hi i have another question due to lockdowns they stop everything right? Such as phones, visits, packages, etc. What about if they're getting close to the release day and he still hasnt recieved his clothes (dress out). Will they still hold it due to lockdown? Im getting a bit worried now
Old 01-14-2010, 10:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Hi i have another question due to lockdowns they stop everything right? Such as phones, visits, packages, etc. What about if they're getting close to the release day and he still hasnt recieved his clothes (dress out). Will they still hold it due to lockdown? Im getting a bit worried now
Lock downs does not hold up release, he wont get his clothes (from what I know) until the day he get released they then give him his dress outs. So he will be fine. They should tell him they got his dress outs, maybe not but it should stay at R & R until he gets released.

Does that make sense?

(by the way a friend of mine who's friend got released told me this information. )
Old 01-14-2010, 01:30 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBea View Post
Lock downs does not hold up release, he wont get his clothes (from what I know) until the day he get released they then give him his dress outs. So he will be fine. They should tell him they got his dress outs, maybe not but it should stay at R & R until he gets released.

Does that make sense?

(by the way a friend of mine who's friend got released told me this information. )
Thanks so much MsBea do you know if there is a specific address we use to send the Dressout to? Or do we just address the box like a normal letter to the inmate? I know we're supposed to write Dressouts all over it but I'm not sure which addy to use.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpywluv View Post
Thanks so much MsBea do you know if there is a specific address we use to send the Dressout to? Or do we just address the box like a normal letter to the inmate? I know we're supposed to write Dressouts all over it but I'm not sure which addy to use.
You use:

(Inmate's name, CDC number)
CSP/LAC (Yard & cell number)
44750 60th St. West
Lancaster, CA 93536-7619

Like how quarterly packages goes, and just write Dressouts, and R & R all over.

*I called R & R to find out for you. haha!!

Last edited by Brandy; 01-14-2010 at 01:53 PM..
Old 01-14-2010, 07:46 PM
Account Closed

Awwww!!!! Thanks that was super sweet of you!!! I appreciate that to the fullest!
Old 01-15-2010, 10:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Awwww!!!! Thanks that was super sweet of you!!! I appreciate that to the fullest!

Your welcome.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:27 AM

Default How do I know where to pick him up at LAC when he's being released by March?

I want to know where and what time to pick my boyfriend up when he's being released from Lancaster prison in march 14. I just wanted to be prepared. He's going to be parole in March...he's going to walk out or jump into white van to bring him to bus station in case he didn't get picked up. HELP ME =) I'd like to come and pick him up, just to surprise him in March 14. I may have to stay at hotel one day before March 14 because i want to be there in the morning in case he get out early. Let me know what should I do? Thank you!
Old 01-20-2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:

They didn't ask for any ID or info from me other than the inmate's name and CDC number They do call into R&R so that the inmate knows someone's waiting to pick them up. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mbyrd For This Useful Post:
Brandy (01-20-2010), negroswife (01-20-2010)
Old 01-20-2010, 06:06 PM
♥♥PATIENTLY WAITING♥♥

Thank You very much!! Im really nervous I've got 9 days to go. But he just called me about 15 min ago and said they just told him hes getting transfered to Central Valley MCCF tomorrow. I dont see why if he's only got 9 days to go. I guess I need to find out how the release works over there. Once again thanx for your help..
Old 02-06-2010, 07:44 PM

Hey anyone help please out information on what time to pick up my husband, he's supposed to be getting out in May and not sure what time to pick him up at? please help with any information.Thanks
Old 02-06-2010, 08:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenncas View Post
Hey anyone help please out information on what time to pick up my husband, he's supposed to be getting out in May and not sure what time to pick him up at? please help with any information.Thanks
You will need to show up i believe at 6am and check in but I heard that it can take anywhere from an hour to 5 hours to bring the guys out to release them. They should tell your husband what time the person who is picking him up what time to be there when it gets closer to his release.

I know that Mybrd's so got released from LAC hopefully she will come on and explain more.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:29 PM

Thank you that helps he says he has a suprise for me so I'm thinking he finally cut a break and might be getting out earlier than May so very nervous that's why I'm trying to figure out what time to be there so he wont have to take the white van
Old 02-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thank you that helps he says he has a suprise for me so I'm thinking he finally cut a break and might be getting out earlier than May so very nervous that's why I'm trying to figure out what time to be there so he wont have to take the white van

Your welcome, when I go visit I normally arrive by 7am, and I notice car's already sitting on the other side (waiting for there loved ones to come out) so I am thinking as long as your there by 6am and check in you will be good to go! So excited, hope he did cut a break and gets out earlier that would be great.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:

When you know his release date you should call R&R 3-5 days ahead of time and find out what time to be there. They told me to be there at 6am, and I was, but the bus didn't come out until 10:45, so it was a long wait. R&R said that release times were varied depending on how busy they are that day. It's definitely worth the wait!!! When you pull up to the gate, give the guard your inmate's name and CDC#, they will call R&R to let them know you're there to pick him up. The white van will stop right there where you're parked to drop off the people who have rides. GOOD LUCK!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mbyrd For This Useful Post:
Brandy (02-07-2010), cpywluv (02-07-2010)
Old 02-08-2010, 07:47 PM

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbyrd View Post
When you know his release date you should call R&R 3-5 days ahead of time and find out what time to be there. They told me to be there at 6am, and I was, but the bus didn't come out until 10:45, so it was a long wait. R&R said that release times were varied depending on how busy they are that day. It's definitely worth the wait!!! When you pull up to the gate, give the guard your inmate's name and CDC#, they will call R&R to let them know you're there to pick him up. The white van will stop right there where you're parked to drop off the people who have rides. GOOD LUCK!!
Thank you I recieved a letter from my husband today and he says he's getting released march 3 yeah but I'm kindya confused if they dont have anyone to pick them up to they just drop them off at the bus stop or take them to the train station any help with help thanks again
Old 02-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Account Closed

From what I've read and been told, if there is not a ride waiting for them then they are dropped off at the local greyhound station.

I have to pick my man up from LAC on Monday so I'll be happy to report back to you what the process was as far as pick up time, procedure, and length of wait.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:49 AM

Default Thanks

Quote:
From what I've read and been told, if there is not a ride waiting for them then they are dropped off at the local greyhound station.

I have to pick my man up from LAC on Monday so I'll be happy to report back to you what the process was as far as pick up time, procedure, and length of wait.
Thanks I do need all the info I can get because he doesnt know that I'm planning on picking him up yet. Congrats for you
Old 02-09-2010, 11:53 PM
stayflynolie

This thread was great I know my boo get out on april 19th but this helped now I kno wat 2 xpect =)
Old 02-12-2010, 01:07 PM

So ladies there's been a change of plans my hubby decided he's gonna ride the bus down to where we live form LAC so now I dont have to go and pick him up,but thanks anyways for all the helpfull information everyone gave out.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:56 PM
Account Closed

Default Frustrations...

I've called LAC R&R three times this week... each time to ask what time I need to be at the gate on Monday when I pick my bf up. The first guy says "Ummmm... 7". So of course I wasn't too trusting of this so I called back the next day. That guy says "around 8". Still not convinced I called a few minutes ago and this guy says "before 8".

Hmmm... Why have gotten three different answers? Plus almost everything that I've read on here says 6am. The reason I wanted to make sure is because I'll have my five year with me and the least amount of time she has to be in the car the better, I'm sure you all know what I mean.

Eh. I guess 7 am is before 8 and 6am sure the hell is before 8am. So I'll pick one of those and be there.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:18 AM
stayflynolie

Quote:
I've called LAC R&R three times this week... each time to ask what time I need to be at the gate on Monday when I pick my bf up. The first guy says "Ummmm... 7". So of course I wasn't too trusting of this so I called back the next day. That guy says "around 8". Still not convinced I called a few minutes ago and this guy says "before 8".

Hmmm... Why have gotten three different answers? Plus almost everything that I've read on here says 6am. The reason I wanted to make sure is because I'll have my five year with me and the least amount of time she has to be in the car the better, I'm sure you all know what I mean.

Eh. I guess 7 am is before 8 and 6am sure the hell is before 8am. So I'll pick one of those and be there.
Weel I don't pick up my man til april but when I picked up my brother a month ago I was there at 7am and he said that the woke him up at 6am thr process was real quick
Old 02-13-2010, 02:29 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylista View Post
Weel I don't pick up my man til april but when I picked up my brother a month ago I was there at 7am and he said that the woke him up at 6am thr process was real quick
So your brother was at LAC?
Closed Thread