Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC) Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the California State Prison, located in Los Angeles County, California.

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 06:04 PM
stayflynolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpywluv View Post
So your brother was at LAC?
Yes
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2010, 07:47 PM
Account Closed

Cool Release Update

Ok ladies. I got to the prison by 6:45am. I gave the guard his name and CDC#. We were told to park on the opposite side of the driveway. The white mini-bus came out at 8:15am. So the wait was not too long thank God!!! They actually split the inmates getting dropped off at the bus stop from those with rides waiting. So its very important to be there on time so the gate guard can notify the guards in R&R that the inmate has a ride waiting. I hope this answers questions.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:03 PM

HI,
I just got a letter from my boyfriend & He said that he might be released on the 16th. Don't get me wrong I'm excited but also confused. He is in Recepition and hasn't even seen he counselor. The only reason he knows this is b/c he ask for his earlest projected release date. I'm suppose to pick him up but this all seem impossible. Has any one heard about this before??
Old 05-24-2010, 11:15 PM

Does anyone know the time you have to be there for Desert View Modified pick up. My husband gets out on June 20th and I want to be there as early as possible to get him. I have a 1.5year old so I don't want to get there too early and be waiting for hours in the car. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Old 08-05-2010, 09:53 PM

Default LAC Release Process

Does anyone know what the release process is like for LAC? Is there a certain time my fiance will be released from the prison, or is it at a bus station and I have to be there at a certain time?

Old 08-06-2010, 09:45 AM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godz_gurl15 View Post
Does anyone know what the release process is like for LAC? Is there a certain time my fiance will be released from the prison, or is it at a bus station and I have to be there at a certain time?
You should call the prison and ask for R&R a day or two before his release date and get the specific time you should be there. They usually say by 7am. But the inmates don't actually come out until like 8:30. If the inmate has no ride there to pick him up then they are taken to the bus stop. If he does have a ride that has checked in at the front gate then they'll come out on a little white bus and be dropped off right outside of the gate where all the rides wait to pick their men up.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:09 PM

Quote:
You should call the prison and ask for R&R a day or two before his release date and get the specific time you should be there. They usually say by 7am. But the inmates don't actually come out until like 8:30. If the inmate has no ride there to pick him up then they are taken to the bus stop. If he does have a ride that has checked in at the front gate then they'll come out on a little white bus and be dropped off right outside of the gate where all the rides wait to pick their men up.
Thanks so much!

The Following User Says Thank You to Godz_gurl15 For This Useful Post:
Brandy (08-06-2010)
Old 08-09-2010, 09:04 PM
child of god

Hi everyone,
HELP PLEASE 2questions:
1.My husband's release date is coming up next month on a Saturday & he thinks that since he is high control he won't be released until Sunday because of parole ? Well that Sunday happens to fall before a " monday holiday" so do they let them out on Holiday's? He has been asking/requesting info on this and hasn't gotten any.
2. I am going to mail his dress outs this week ( we are under the 30 day mark) and he seems to think I don't need to fill out a form and include it...does anyone know if I need to and where/how I mail it to , or where to get correct info-
THANK YOU so much, I am having alot of questions and excitement, it's been a very long time.....

''let he who is without sin cast the first stone''

Old 08-10-2010, 09:55 AM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondservant View Post
Hi everyone,
HELP PLEASE 2questions:
1.My husband's release date is coming up next month on a Saturday & he thinks that since he is high control he won't be released until Sunday because of parole ? Well that Sunday happens to fall before a " monday holiday" so do they let them out on Holiday's? He has been asking/requesting info on this and hasn't gotten any.
2. I am going to mail his dress outs this week ( we are under the 30 day mark) and he seems to think I don't need to fill out a form and include it...does anyone know if I need to and where/how I mail it to , or where to get correct info-
THANK YOU so much, I am having alot of questions and excitement, it's been a very long time.....
1. Earlier this year my bf was released on President's Day a nationally observed holiday. So they do release them on weekends and also on holidays.

2. You don't have to fill out a dress out form. You have to mail his dressouts to the physical address at the prison and still put his CDC#, name and housing info on the box (like you would a letter). You MUST write DRESSOUTS all over the box in big block letters too so it gets to the right destination.
You can send it by any method you want. Snail mail, overnight, priority thats up to you, just make sure you label it DRESSOUTS and send it to the PHYSICAL address, which is in a sticky thread.

Congrats on his release!!!

Last edited by cpywluv; 08-10-2010 at 09:59 AM..
Old 08-10-2010, 10:21 AM
child of god

Default thank you & ?

Quote:
1. Earlier this year my bf was released on President's Day a nationally observed holiday. So they do release them on weekends and also on holidays.

2. You don't have to fill out a dress out form. You have to mail his dressouts to the physical address at the prison and still put his CDC#, name and housing info on the box (like you would a letter). You MUST write DRESSOUTS all over the box in big block letters too so it gets to the right destination.
You can send it by any method you want. Snail mail, overnight, priority thats up to you, just make sure you label it DRESSOUTS and send it to the PHYSICAL address, which is in a sticky thread.

Congrats on his release!!!
THANK YOU !! will they process the dress puts as soon as the get them, just want to make sure we have enough time...and has anyone else heard of them letting inmates out that have high control on sundays & mondays? so they can ck in with parole within 24hrs? thaaaaaaaaaaaannkkz

''let he who is without sin cast the first stone''

Old 08-10-2010, 10:38 AM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondservant View Post
THANK YOU !! will they process the dress puts as soon as the get them, just want to make sure we have enough time...and has anyone else heard of them letting inmates out that have high control on sundays & mondays? so they can ck in with parole within 24hrs? thaaaaaaaaaaaannkkz
On his last release I sent them like 3 weeks ahead of time and I just used priority and he got everything fine. This time one of his friends overnighted them (unnecessary) like 3 weeks ahead of time and I feel like he'll get them just fine.

I think putting DRESSOUTS on the box alerts the mailroom to process those packages differently and sooner than the other mail so you shouldn't have any problems sending them a month in advance. I've also heard of people sending them like a week or a few days in advance and everything working out fine.

What do you mean by high control? Which yard is your guy in? I think the parole office is always open plus he shouldn't have a hard time checking in because they'll have note of his release date. But hopefully, someone else knows for sure. Good luck.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Account Closed

Update*** Just called R&R and was told to be at the gates at 7:30am for releases.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:15 PM

Hello. My fiance is being released this sunday. What bus station do they drop him off at?.. Is it better to pick him up at the bus station or the actual prison?.. Is it the same time in the morning for every inmate/day of the week?

It's you and me against the world forever Brandon Scott Ritchie
Old 08-17-2010, 12:40 PM

do any inmates get released early if there actual release date is coming up soon and they aren't high risk?

Old 08-18-2010, 12:44 AM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmama09 View Post
Hello. My fiance is being released this sunday. What bus station do they drop him off at?.. Is it better to pick him up at the bus station or the actual prison?.. Is it the same time in the morning for every inmate/day of the week?
I'd say its quicker to pick up at the actual prison. They tell you to be there at 7 and they are brought out around 8:30.

I'm not sure which bus station they drop them off at... you can call the R&R department and ask them. Good luck!!
Old 08-19-2010, 10:02 PM

could anyone please tell me what train station they transfer inmates upon release?... is it better to just be there at the prison at 8am?.. i called R&R and the lady said they don't take them to a bus/train station, you have to pick them up at the prison.. is that true? I'm a little confused because my fiance wrote yesterday saying to wait for his call or I could just be at the train station waiting for him but he wasn't sure what time they'd release him.. its going to be on sunday. The lady said be there at 8am but not at any station... Help! Lol

Old 08-19-2010, 11:39 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,529 Times in 1,050 Posts

Quote:
could anyone please tell me what train station they transfer inmates upon release?... is it better to just be there at the prison at 8am?.. i called R&R and the lady said they don't take them to a bus/train station, you have to pick them up at the prison.. is that true? I'm a little confused because my fiance wrote yesterday saying to wait for his call or I could just be at the train station waiting for him but he wasn't sure what time they'd release him.. its going to be on sunday. The lady said be there at 8am but not at any station... Help! Lol
Hi! It's not a train station, it's the nearest grey hound station. If you are not there and did not check in with the guard at the front, then he will be placed in a van and taken to the bus station. Someone else replied wit you need to check in with the guard at 730 at the prison letting them know you are there to pick up your loved one. You never know what time they will be released. I've heard some ladies say that they come out at 830am, and I have had other's tell me they have waited up til noon. It just all depends.

I'm not sure why R & R is saying they dont drop at a bus station when they do, they dont just let the guys walk out the prison gates. haha! Call his counselor?
Old 08-21-2010, 10:26 PM

do i need any identification to show the gaurd?.. hopefully not because all i have is a college school id.. crap. I misplaced my drivers license, I hope someone answers this question tonight for me as I have to pick him up tomorrow! I'm so excited!!! Lets pray I do not need my id! Thank you!!

Old 08-22-2010, 01:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
do i need any identification to show the gaurd?.. hopefully not because all i have is a college school id.. crap. I misplaced my drivers license, I hope someone answers this question tonight for me as I have to pick him up tomorrow! I'm so excited!!! Lets pray I do not need my id! Thank you!!
If your driving you will need to show them your DL, who ever is driving is going to have to show there DL or they might not let them in your car, only b/c you dont have a valid DL to show them, you know? My friend always had to shower her DL to the guard when we go visit, not just her ID, they ask for her DL. eek. hope you can find it or have someone with a DL go with you..
Old 09-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Donation Award 

After meeting with the person for pre-parole what happens next?
Old 10-04-2010, 02:16 AM

I got a letter from my bf, and he told me that they gave him his release date already!! 2/12/11! Im so happy
Eventhough his sentence was only 8 months it feels like i havent seen him in years!!! i miss him so much! but soon we are going to be together again<3
okay, since im new to all of this, whats going to happen when he gets release?
do we have to go and see his PO right away when he gets out?
Old 10-07-2010, 09:22 PM
ALWAYZ AND 4EVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieeee View Post
i got a letter from my bf, and he told me that they gave him his release date already!! 2/12/11! Im so happy :d
eventhough his sentence was only 8 months it feels like i havent seen him in years!!! I miss him so much! But soon we are going to be together again<3
okay, since im new to all of this, whats going to happen when he gets release?
do we have to go and see his po right away when he gets out?

well i guess it all depends, my b.d. Was high control and he was released on a saturday and didnt have to see his p.o until monday!!!! So double check.....
Old 11-02-2010, 11:47 AM
me7him

Default Please help...

I have a question if anyone can please assist me... Does anyone know much time guys are serving in Lancaster... like 35% 50% ect..
My husband is serving 8 months and he has 3 1/2months servered. With 34 good days from county. Trying to figure out some sort of release date since I can not speak with him...
and help would be greatly appreciated....
Old 11-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by me7monie View Post
I have a question if anyone can please assist me... Does anyone know much time guys are serving in Lancaster... like 35% 50% ect..
My husband is serving 8 months and he has 3 1/2months servered. With 34 good days from county. Trying to figure out some sort of release date since I can not speak with him...
and help would be greatly appreciated....
It depends on what the court gave your husband, men at LAC are all different, each man in there is serving different % of there sentence. You would have to ask your husband what he was gave.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:44 PM
Almost there...<3

I got his release date...03-29-2011...now im just counting the days away...yay
Closed Thread