Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC) Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the California State Prison, located in Los Angeles County, California.

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afirsttimer View Post
I also have not received any mail and I get a letter from my husband every single day, sometimes twice. I am also worried because mine has been doing a very good job of "just doing his time". We have a deal about his bid and my concern is different. I hope it doesn't spread to Lancaster because of the exact opposite...........my husband IS a fighter, in fact, due to prison politics and his affiliation, he would HAVE TO fight. I am very worried because, as you can see from my banner...........we are on short time now!!!!

I also have not received mail since late last week. I usually get mail on Monday but not this week. I'm hoping for something tomorrow. I'm also worried about my son because he, too, is a fighter. He wouldn't start trouble unless he had absolutely no other choice, but he also wouldn't walk away from it if it came looking for him. So far, since he got to state, he's stayed completely out of trouble (one fight in county, 2 weeks in the hole), and I'm hoping he keeps in mind that he is so damn short! We only have 6 weeks to go! And I wish he was in a cell instead of the gym, which he hates. All we can do at this point is pray and think positive thoughts. This totally sucks!!! (not very positive I guess).
The Following User Says Thank You to Mbyrd For This Useful Post:
afirsttimer (08-13-2009)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,529 Times in 1,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbyrd View Post
I also have not received mail since late last week. I usually get mail on Monday but not this week. I'm hoping for something tomorrow. I'm also worried about my son because he, too, is a fighter. He wouldn't start trouble unless he had absolutely no other choice, but he also wouldn't walk away from it if it came looking for him. So far, since he got to state, he's stayed completely out of trouble (one fight in county, 2 weeks in the hole), and I'm hoping he keeps in mind that he is so damn short! We only have 6 weeks to go! And I wish he was in a cell instead of the gym, which he hates. All we can do at this point is pray and think positive thoughts. This totally sucks!!! (not very positive I guess).
I got mail on Monday out of C yard (C-3), so it seems as if it might be running alright there. I never get mail on Tuesday's since they dont mail out on Saturday's. But the other days I normally do. I'm a bit worried myself, last letter (Monday's) Hubby said that there is alot of BS going on there (C-Yard) b/c of it being a new yard and what not and he too is a fighter, he wont start it like your son wouldn't but he also wont back down if it's in his face.

I hope everyone gets mail tomorrow that can put a little bit of ease on your minds.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:33 PM
I love my Husband!

being new to this, why do the guys in there have to fight? is it necessary to do so? can they all just be left alone if they dont want to fight? what if they dont have any gang affiliation? how does that work for them? are they safe?
Old 08-11-2009, 08:51 PM

[quote=Mrs.Clipper;4857397]
i am worried to, that i might not be able to see him this weekend.

There is no visiting this coming weekend.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:57 PM

The CDCR website states in a news article today that prisons in Southern California will remain on lockdown until staff deployed to CIM return to their institutions.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
The CDCR website states in a news article today that prisons in Southern California will remain on lockdown until staff deployed to CIM return to their institutions.

that really SUCKS! I was hoping to visit before school started, dont look like that will happen, first not getting the block up, and now the lock down.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBea View Post

that really SUCKS! I was hoping to visit before school started, dont look like that will happen, first not getting the block up, and now the lock down.

It definitely does suck. I was hoping to get down there for a visit before Labor Day but the way things are going it looks like my first trip there will be to bring my kid home! I wonder if they'll use this as some sort of excuse to further delay getting the yard flipped. It was my understanding that should be happening any time now - mid August is what I was told by visiting a week or two ago. It would be nice if they could at least get a damn phone call!
Old 08-11-2009, 09:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
It definitely does suck. I was hoping to get down there for a visit before Labor Day but the way things are going it looks like my first trip there will be to bring my kid home! I wonder if they'll use this as some sort of excuse to further delay getting the yard flipped. It was my understanding that should be happening any time now - mid August is what I was told by visiting a week or two ago. It would be nice if they could at least get a damn phone call!

I was hoping that maybe this happening will give them the time to get the yard flipped and together also, we can hope at least. They better not use this to prolong getting the yard flipped, that would be insane! Awe that is so awesome he'll be coming home soon! So happy for you! And I agree at least get them up enough to make a phone call, our 5 yr old is going NUTS not talking to 'daddy', let alone me at least HEARING he is all right.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:20 PM
"One Love"

I believe that all prisons who deployed staff to help with CIM have lifted there lockdown. My hubby is in CRC-Norco and they are off lockdown.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scorpnqn For This Useful Post:
Brandy (08-11-2009), Mbyrd (08-11-2009)
Old 08-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Stormy41Mom

Thanked 1,133 Times in 801 Posts

CCI is still on lockdown as of now, hopefully off by tonight. A lot of the others are off lockdown already.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sylvia For This Useful Post:
Brandy (08-12-2009)
Old 08-12-2009, 11:01 PM
his wifey

Thanked 1,512 Times in 799 Posts

As of noon today Lancaster went off lockdown. I was able to make my appointments for this Saturday and Sunday
Old 08-13-2009, 12:07 AM
his wifey

Quote:
I received three letters today...........I guess they were holding them. He's the same, won't start but definitely will not back down...and again same thing, fight in the holding cell at court, fight in county, 7 days in the hole........but doing really good now, no fights, just doing his time.

Last edited by afirsttimer; 08-13-2009 at 12:08 AM..
Old 08-13-2009, 06:42 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
I received three letters today...........I guess they were holding them. He's the same, won't start but definitely will not back down...and again same thing, fight in the holding cell at court, fight in county, 7 days in the hole........but doing really good now, no fights, just doing his time.
That's good to know. I've been so worried. I called in the morning yesterday and they were still on but I'm relieved to hear that its been lifted. Hopefully I to will receive some mail soon. Maybe then I'll be able to breath He too is a fighter and will fight when put in that position. God knows I've sent him enough to keep him occupied. I hope it's enough to keep him busy enough to stay out of trouble.

My heart breaks everyday that I don't see or hear from him. My visitation hasn't been approved yet. We still have some time to go before it will be. He still hasn't seen his worker or whatever you call them. I'm sure the lockdown has pushed that meeting back. We are doing short time for a violation. He only has maybe 40 days left...That's way too long without seeing his handsome face...

Last edited by MissingME; 08-13-2009 at 06:43 PM..
Old 08-14-2009, 04:17 PM

I GOT MAIL I am so relieved. He was little sad because he hadn't received mail from me since last week. He wrote on the 11th, it was post marked the 13th, and I got it today the 14th. So they did hold on to his letter. I'm sure this was due to the lockdown. But as your loves have said, all is well on the home front.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingME View Post
I GOT MAIL I am so relieved. He was little sad because he hadn't received mail from me since last week. He wrote on the 11th, it was post marked the 13th, and I got it today the 14th. So they did hold on to his letter. I'm sure this was due to the lockdown. But as your loves have said, all is well on the home front.
Glad you got mail, that is great to hear.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:50 PM
his wifey

Does anyone know what happened on D Friday night. I went up there and was told they are on lockdown and it happened late friday night so the visiting message was not updated yet.............
Old 08-18-2009, 08:26 AM
LuShie

Quote:
Does anyone know what happened on D Friday night. I went up there and was told they are on lockdown and it happened late friday night so the visiting message was not updated yet.............

Oh no... My BF is on 'D'. The last letter I got from him was on Saturday dated Thursday. He is still in reception and not able to use the phone but if I hear from him today via correspondence, I'll let you know.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:56 PM
LuShie

I heard today that supposedly the're on lockdown because of racial tension which is bologna. I don't think there is any tension from what I hear...

Hmmmnnn.... I wonder what's really going on.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuShie View Post
I heard today that supposedly the're on lockdown because of racial tension which is bologna. I don't think there is any tension from what I hear...

Hmmmnnn.... I wonder what's really going on.

The visiting information line said that Blacks & Hispanics on D yard were locked down as of Sunday morning. They should update this morning. Let's hope everything's okay cuz I'm planning my first contact visit with my son this weekend. He's in C-gym, so hopefully he won't be affected.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:43 AM
his wifey

Just got a letter about the lockdown. My husband doesn't know why they're on lockdown because nothing has happened (this letter was from Sunday). He hopes they didn't decide to lock them down bc they are short staffed. He is in D-4.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Just got a letter about the lockdown. My husband doesn't know why they're on lockdown because nothing has happened (this letter was from Sunday). He hopes they didn't decide to lock them down bc they are short staffed. He is in D-4.

The visiting info line has not yet been updated today.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
The visiting information line said that Blacks & Hispanics on D yard were locked down as of Sunday morning. They should update this morning. Let's hope everything's okay cuz I'm planning my first contact visit with my son this weekend. He's in C-gym, so hopefully he won't be affected.
I'm hoping all goes well since like you I'm going for a contact visit on C yard this weekend.. hopefully the hot line will update soon.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:26 PM
his wifey

Does anyone know why the blacks and hispanics are on lockdown in D
Old 08-25-2009, 01:30 PM
LuShie

Quote:
Does anyone know why the blacks and hispanics are on lockdown in D
Supposedly because of racial tension but I think the lockdown was lifted today.
The Following User Says Thank You to LuShie For This Useful Post:
afirsttimer (08-25-2009)
Old 09-13-2009, 02:37 PM
I love my Husband!

I went to visit my husband today and everyone was on lockdown... does anyone know why?? im super bummed out. i look foward to see him every sunday and i hate it that the only time i can see him that chance gets snatched away by a lockdown! if anyone has any news on that can you please let us know. i go crazy wondering if he is ok being that he is on lockdown and in reception where i cant even get a phone call....