Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC) Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the California State Prison, located in Los Angeles County, California.

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 10:53 AM
-----------------------
Donation Award 

Thanked 18,160 Times in 7,204 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisLoveHeart View Post
Question, if these men are being transfered into this new level 4 SNY facility, did they already do the debriefing process at the prison they chose to debrief at. And were they offered any type of say "transitional housing counselling" before they jsut cuffed them up and put them on a new yard, and once they get to this new yard, are they at least given time to aclimate to the new surroundings. Some guys are being thrown into these sny yards after being in shu in either corcoran or pelican bay and not given any type of transition services to get them ready.
The vast majority of these guys are already SNY at other prisons, hon. It's just the CDCr shuffle.

Any inmate going SNY goes through transitional housing prior to hitting a SNY yard, however. There are just SO many SNY now - and the number is going up daily - that CDCR needs to keep opening new yards.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2009, 11:56 AM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALiferzWife View Post
The vast majority of these guys are already SNY at other prisons, hon. It's just the CDCr shuffle.

Any inmate going SNY goes through transitional housing prior to hitting a SNY yard, however. There are just SO many SNY now - and the number is going up daily - that CDCR needs to keep opening new yards.

I totally understand what you are saying as far as it being a CDCR Shuffle BUT!!! I was wondering is there that 1 CHANCE they might send him back North like he was suppose to since the Majority of the Inmates are from LA or more up South?

Sorry Ladies i wasn't trying to sound Selfish! I just think things would be so much easier if they would let the inmates choose where to be housed!!

Are they given a counselor right away or would i have to wait until my husband tells me his name to speak with him?
Old 05-11-2009, 03:35 PM
-----------------------
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortys Wife View Post

I totally understand what you are saying as far as it being a CDCR Shuffle BUT!!! I was wondering is there that 1 CHANCE they might send him back North like he was suppose to since the Majority of the Inmates are from LA or more up South?

Sorry Ladies i wasn't trying to sound Selfish! I just think things would be so much easier if they would let the inmates choose where to be housed!!

Are they given a counselor right away or would i have to wait until my husband tells me his name to speak with him?
You'd have to maybe call his counselor. Yes he got one when he got to the prison. Call Records and ask who his counselor is, hon.

I'm interested in this because I was told that the gym on B yard at HDSP houses Level 3 inmates and the yard at LAC that just opened is Level 4, so....?????

See what I mean? Somewhere something is wonky here.

Last edited by Terry; 05-11-2009 at 03:36 PM..
Old 05-11-2009, 04:22 PM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

Quote:
You'd have to maybe call his counselor. Yes he got one when he got to the prison. Call Records and ask who his counselor is, hon.

I'm interested in this because I was told that the gym on B yard at HDSP houses Level 3 inmates and the yard at LAC that just opened is Level 4, so....?????

See what I mean? Somewhere something is wonky here.

Well my husband is a level 4 and he is currently in C2 at LAC.. Reception.. Now as far as Gym on B yard is that also suppose to be a SNY? Well from what my husband told me that he should be dropping down to a level 3 by next year so does that mean he will be moved to a diff. Prison.. So GP ASU SNY each have 4 levels? lol WOW i feel dumb with that one... Eaither way ill keep you posted on what the Counselor tells me and i should be getting a letter today as well.."fingers crossed".. :hugs:
Old 05-12-2009, 08:12 AM
-----------------------
Donation Award 

Quote:
Well my husband is a level 4 and he is currently in C2 at LAC.. Reception.. Now as far as Gym on B yard is that also suppose to be a SNY? Well from what my husband told me that he should be dropping down to a level 3 by next year so does that mean he will be moved to a diff. Prison.. So GP ASU SNY each have 4 levels? lol WOW i feel dumb with that one... Eaither way ill keep you posted on what the Counselor tells me and i should be getting a letter today as well.."fingers crossed".. :hugs:
So your hubby is Level 4 and he was in a gym at HDSP? WOW!! L4 inmates are not supposed to be gym housed.

Anyway, so yeah, he's now L4 SNY on C yard and he'll stay there until he drops points and then they will put him up for transfer to a L3 SNY yard.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:54 AM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

Quote:
So your hubby is Level 4 and he was in a gym at HDSP? WOW!! L4 inmates are not supposed to be gym housed.

Anyway, so yeah, he's now L4 SNY on C yard and he'll stay there until he drops points and then they will put him up for transfer to a L3 SNY yard.

NO.. My husband was never at HDSP... He came from NKSP.. in delano he was in D2 while in Reception and was suppose to go across the st.. To KVSP.. But currently YES he is in C Yard at LAC..... and thanx for the info
Old 05-12-2009, 10:12 AM
-----------------------
Donation Award 

Quote:
NO.. My husband was never at HDSP... He came from NKSP.. in delano he was in D2 while in Reception and was suppose to go across the st.. To KVSP.. But currently YES he is in C Yard at LAC..... and thanx for the info
OH!!! HAHAHAHA Silly me! Where the hell did I get HDSP from? So sorry, hon!
Old 05-12-2009, 11:30 AM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

Quote:
OH!!! HAHAHAHA Silly me! Where the hell did I get HDSP from? So sorry, hon!
That's OK... You've been so Helpful a little Misunderstanding is better then getting NO answers
Old 05-12-2009, 02:17 PM

Thanked 1,865 Times in 1,071 Posts

Quote:

Tell you what your can switch with mines... Were at HDSP!
Old 05-12-2009, 03:17 PM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

Quote:
Originally Posted by traviesita View Post
Tell you what your can switch with mines... Were at HDSP!

aww thanx girlie.. My hubby is in Reception though!! Is your's mainline at HDSP? because if that's the case I'd LOVE too... where exactly is HDSP? I live in Fresno so that's why i hope they send him back to Delano!
"only 1hr away"
Old 05-12-2009, 09:49 PM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

Ok.. Ladies i'm really HURT. right now for i got a letter today from my hubby.. And he is so stressed,hurt,& Confused.. From what he tells me The C.O's tell them one thing then Then they say another! Regarding the New Yard, About Visits & if they are going to stay there or get sent to where they were suppose to go!!
So my question is:
Did any one else get a letter from there loved one Expressing the same thing?
My husband wants me to call and try to find out what's going on since there not getting any answers but i dont know what dep. to ask for! Well any info. I'd appreciate so much!! Thanx and Have a Good Night

Old 05-13-2009, 12:12 AM

Thanked 1,865 Times in 1,071 Posts

I don't get it is administration confused of who was supposed to be sent to LAC??

I would call the Public Information Officer and see if he could help you or direct you the right way. Hang in there!
The Following User Says Thank You to traviesita For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2009, 08:30 AM
-----------------------
Donation Award 

Yeah, this is pretty confusing. He's in NKSP in reception and he's a level 4 SNY inmate, so he only has so many choices.

Once he is mainlined, that IS "where he's supposed to go." They won't send him until he is going to the prison where he is mainlining. He may move from that prison to another at some time in his sentence, but it could be years between moves.

As far as that the guards are telling them. They need to not listing to guards. Guards are now counselors or CSR (Sacramento) and guards have no say in where they go or when. Guards are guards. Period. And many love to mess with inmates ON PURPOSE! The only person who they should talk to is their counselor.

As far as visiting, once he is mainlined you will have normal contact visits - unless he's ever on lockdown or in the hole or something like that.

Good luck - hope he gets sent soon and gets settled!

Last edited by Terry; 05-13-2009 at 08:32 AM..
Old 05-13-2009, 10:07 AM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

I dont mean to confuse any one.. I'm just pretty much going by what my husband tells me.. Now i dont know if this happend with any other inmates that where all ready in a SNY yard some where else and sent to LAC.. But in my husbands case There was a total of 15 inmates from NKSP Reception D2 that where suppose to be mainlined!! Some would stay in Delano, Others where going to Pleasent Valley, Salinas Valley, Corcoran.. Etc.. Ok now my husband was suppose to stay in Delano "Kern Valley" but then this whole situation did a 180 and all 15 are now in C YARD at LAC.. My husband and his cellie have come to the point to just ask there family members to find out whats going on so for that same reason i reach out to you LADIEZ... and hopefully all this gets resolved fast for it will be 1yr on the 18 of June that i havent hugged.kiss.slapped my husband.. LoL.. This is starting to really stress me out so as much as it hurts me not to get involved! For the momment im just going to take it one day at a time and what ever happens when it happens Is for a reason Right... Thanx ladies have a good day.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:20 PM
-----------------------
Donation Award 

Quote:
I dont mean to confuse any one.. I'm just pretty much going by what my husband tells me.. Now i dont know if this happend with any other inmates that where all ready in a SNY yard some where else and sent to LAC.. But in my husbands case There was a total of 15 inmates from NKSP Reception D2 that where suppose to be mainlined!! Some would stay in Delano, Others where going to Pleasent Valley, Salinas Valley, Corcoran.. Etc.. Ok now my husband was suppose to stay in Delano "Kern Valley" but then this whole situation did a 180 and all 15 are now in C YARD at LAC.. My husband and his cellie have come to the point to just ask there family members to find out whats going on so for that same reason i reach out to you LADIEZ... and hopefully all this gets resolved fast for it will be 1yr on the 18 of June that i havent hugged.kiss.slapped my husband.. LoL.. This is starting to really stress me out so as much as it hurts me not to get involved! For the momment im just going to take it one day at a time and what ever happens when it happens Is for a reason Right... Thanx ladies have a good day.
I'm really sorry he got sent somewhere other than where he thought. I can relate - hubby was on a bus to Calipatria 4 years ago and ended up in KVSP. My guess is that it was just the timing of this new yard opening.

Hopefully he'll know when he goes to committee, which could be as early as tomorrow. If he speaks up and asks, hopefully committee with tell him.

If it were ME, I'd be calling and trying to talk to his counselor to see if there is any way to maybe get him moved closer to home sometime soon.

We've been working to get my hubby moved back closer (he's 450 miles away from me - 7 hours one way - so I haven't visited but 3 times in 3-1/2 years. It's been 15 months since we've seen each other.)

Good luck!! Hang in there, hon. (((Hug)))
Old 05-13-2009, 07:37 PM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

Quote:
I'm really sorry he got sent somewhere other than where he thought. I can relate - hubby was on a bus to Calipatria 4 years ago and ended up in KVSP. My guess is that it was just the timing of this new yard opening.

Hopefully he'll know when he goes to committee, which could be as early as tomorrow. If he speaks up and asks, hopefully committee with tell him.

If it were ME, I'd be calling and trying to talk to his counselor to see if there is any way to maybe get him moved closer to home sometime soon.

We've been working to get my hubby moved back closer (he's 450 miles away from me - 7 hours one way - so I haven't visited but 3 times in 3-1/2 years. It's been 15 months since we've seen each other.)

Good luck!! Hang in there, hon. (((Hug)))
As a matter of fact i did call Records today and they gave me the name and ex.# to his counselor... Mr. Soto! is any one familiar with him? If so is he understanding or Brushes you off? I called and left a message around 1pm but didnt get a call back.. Thanx for the support and Helpfull Info and you better believe i'm going to be Buggin!! lol well every chance i get dont want to get fired now lol.. My husband always tells me Good things happen to those who wait...Love conquers all

Last edited by mhrndz82; 05-13-2009 at 07:38 PM..
Old 05-19-2009, 07:18 PM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

Hello Ladies.. I'm just really stressed out about this whole Transfer Mess.. and was wondering if any one has a loved one in C yard at LAC Reception.. The reason for my question is because it's my understanding they are telling the inmates one thing one day and then something else the next.. I didnt get much info. from his counselor i'm hoping it was because he hasnt seen him yet but any iformation that your loved one has shared or what you where told by Counselor,C.O.etc... Id appreciate very much..i

I just want to hold my Husband

Old 05-20-2009, 08:01 AM
-----------------------
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortyz Wife View Post
Hello Ladies.. I'm just really stressed out about this whole Transfer Mess.. and was wondering if any one has a loved one in C yard at LAC Reception.. The reason for my question is because it's my understanding they are telling the inmates one thing one day and then something else the next.. I didnt get much info. from his counselor i'm hoping it was because he hasnt seen him yet but any iformation that your loved one has shared or what you where told by Counselor,C.O.etc... Id appreciate very much..
He should see committee anytime now. Orientation is usually only a week or so. Once he's seen committee, he'll be calling you AND you will be able to go visit him. He'll know the whole scoop then on if he's staying at LAC or being transferred somewhere else.

Have you tried calling his old counselor at NKSP? Maybe he will be able to tell you what's up.

Hang in there - you should know from him any day.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:35 AM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

Quote:
He should see committee anytime now. Orientation is usually only a week or so. Once he's seen committee, he'll be calling you AND you will be able to go visit him. He'll know the whole scoop then on if he's staying at LAC or being transferred somewhere else.

Have you tried calling his old counselor at NKSP? Maybe he will be able to tell you what's up.

Hang in there - you should know from him any day.
Thanx girlie.. I dont know if PTO gives out Moderator of the Month awardsbut if they did i would totally vote for you!!I did speak with his counselor at NKSP but this was before they had sent him to LAC.. and he pretty much told me that "Yup" your husband will be moved to LAC and not Kern Valley now if he is going to be mainline there or not i have no idea! Well thats what i really want to know Ughh! It will be 1yr on June 18 since i last got anything from my husband and then to have him in Reception Since Nov and then send him To another Reception!! Is Alot for me to Handle... I hope i do hear from him Soon.. Ive even forward my house calls to my cell phone and ive pretty much super clued it to my hand... LOL so i dont miss that call! Well he arrived May 1st so Fingers Crossed that by the end of the month Something has been done...
Old 05-20-2009, 08:36 PM
STB-Mrs. Palomares

If he's out of reception and at LAC-C SNY. That's his housing until he goes to commitee in a year. At commitee he can request to be moved to a different prison. That's the way I've understood it to be. Inmates can ask for a transfer annually.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:34 PM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesweetie View Post
If he's out of reception and at LAC-C SNY. That's his housing until he goes to commitee in a year. At commitee he can request to be moved to a different prison. That's the way I've understood it to be. Inmates can ask for a transfer annually.

He is still in reception at LAC.. I actually got a letter today and it seems that things are starting to move a lot faster up in there... I'm going to assume he is going to be mainline there since he mentioned that they where told with in 1mon.. they should be having Contact Visits.. But he gave me this num. 661-723-8333 I know its not the Prisons because i have it saved to my phone.. Ill just have to find out 2morrow.. lol. Well as much as i was hoping he'd get sent back to Delano like he was suppose to i'm sure happy that i will be able to hug him Soon.. Thanx girls
Old 05-21-2009, 04:09 AM

Has anyone heard any updates on the new SNY yard? Have they started moving guys out to move the SNY 's in? My man is in PBSP right now and was told he sshould be going there...the sooner the better because that 13 hour drive is killer and LAC is only about an hour from me...
Thanks Ladies
Old 05-21-2009, 08:21 AM
-----------------------
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyrib View Post
Has anyone heard any updates on the new SNY yard? Have they started moving guys out to move the SNY 's in? My man is in PBSP right now and was told he sshould be going there...the sooner the better because that 13 hour drive is killer and LAC is only about an hour from me...
Thanks Ladies
Yes, they have begun the moves. There are a lot of men already there. Read back in this thread for more info.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:38 AM

My brother was also transferred from North Kern to LAC last week, and is now in reception. He was placed in Yard C and is also level 4. From the letters I got, he sounds very confused and bored and desperate to know whatís going to happen since he has been told some inmates will be transferred to Kern Valley and some will be mainlined at LAC.
I guess itís a matter of time and just wait 2-3 weeks until reception is over. I believe they will be able to make phone calls after reception, my family is praying he will stay in LAC since we live in L.A.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREICY View Post
My brother was also transferred from North Kern to LAC last week, and is now in reception. He was placed in Yard C and is also level 4. From the letters I got, he sounds very confused and bored and desperate to know whatís going to happen since he has been told some inmates will be transferred to Kern Valley and some will be mainlined at LAC.
I guess itís a matter of time and just wait 2-3 weeks until reception is over. I believe they will be able to make phone calls after reception, my family is praying he will stay in LAC since we live in L.A.
My son was supposed to go to Mule Creek from DVI, but instead ended up at LAC C yard. He's a level 3 and I think C yard is a level 4 yard. He believes he will stay there till he paroles in September. I got a letter today that he wrote on 5/20 when he got there that says they pulled a fast one, put him on the bus and told him he was going to Mule Creek and then took him to LAC.
Closed Thread