Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC) Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the California State Prison, located in Los Angeles County, California.

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 09:45 AM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

Good Morning Ladies.. Hope every one is enjoying there 3 day weekend I just have a quick ?... How long is the Reception Process here at LAC... My husband arrived to LAC Cyard May 1.. after being in NKSP Reception for almost 6 months... Thanx..
Old 05-25-2009, 11:25 AM
-----------------------
Donation Award 

Thanked 18,160 Times in 7,204 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortyz Wife View Post
Good Morning Ladies.. Hope every one is enjoying there 3 day weekend I just have a quick ?... How long is the Reception Process here at LAC... My husband arrived to LAC Cyard May 1.. after being in NKSP Reception for almost 6 months... Thanx..
Well, he's not actually in "reception" anymore as he's been mainlined there on C yard, but he's probably in "Orientation," which lasts until he goes to committee for classification. Most prisons seem to have Orientation for about 2-3 weeks during which he can't call and in some prisons he can't have visits (not sure if LAC allows glass visits during Orientation).

After Orientation he is free to make calls, be involved in normal programming, have contact visits, receive packages, etc. HTH

Last edited by Terry; 05-25-2009 at 11:27 AM..
Old 05-25-2009, 03:23 PM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALiferzWife View Post
Well, he's not actually in "reception" anymore as he's been mainlined there on C yard, but he's probably in "Orientation," which lasts until he goes to committee for classification. Most prisons seem to have Orientation for about 2-3 weeks during which he can't call and in some prisons he can't have visits (not sure if LAC allows glass visits during Orientation).

After Orientation he is free to make calls, be involved in normal programming, have contact visits, receive packages, etc. HTH
Thanx girl.. Will Records be able to tell me if he is in Orientation or if he has seen Committee? Or would i have to get a hold of his Counselor..
Old 05-25-2009, 04:13 PM
-----------------------
Donation Award 

Quote:
Thanx girl.. Will Records be able to tell me if he is in Orientation or if he has seen Committee? Or would i have to get a hold of his Counselor..
His counselor will know if he's seen committee. Whether he'll tell you is another matter. Don't get me started on prison counselors.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:42 PM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

Quote:
His counselor will know if he's seen committee. Whether he'll tell you is another matter. Don't get me started on prison counselors.

lol... Well i havent had any issues with Counselors.. But i still have 11 1/2 years to go i'm SURE ill have my share ill give it a try tomorrow.. Hopefully this time i get more information on whats going on.."fingers crossed"
Old 05-31-2009, 10:57 AM

Quote:
lol... Well i havent had any issues with Counselors.. But i still have 11 1/2 years to go i'm SURE ill have my share ill give it a try tomorrow.. Hopefully this time i get more information on whats going on.."fingers crossed"

I was finally able to speak with my son's counselor last Thursday. She was very pleasant and helpful. My son is officially listed in the inmate locater records as being at LAC reception, on his way to Mule Creek. Ms. Black, the counselor, told me that I should call the CC2 (whatever that is) in C building and explain to her that it's a hardship for my son to remain at LAC because it's 400 miles from home and he would not be able to get any visits, and that he should be re-endorsed to Mule Creek when he goes to committee. I've been trying to call the CC2 and she has not yet returned my calls. For anyone else who wants to make that call, the CC2 extension is 6321. My son wrote and said that all the inmates who went on the bus with him to LAC from DVI were told they were going to the prisons to which they were endorsed, but all ended up at LAC. He said a lot of the guys still think they will be transferred to where they were supposed to be going once they're out of reception.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mbyrd For This Useful Post:
PTO-110524 (05-31-2009)
Old 06-01-2009, 01:25 AM

did anyones loved one request to go to the new yard in LAC and got send if so I'M me to let me knw what they saidmy hubby is L4 SNY bcuz my hubby and I would like 4 him 2 move to LAC its much closer than the 8hr drive I want to almost guarantee our chances for transfer
Old 06-01-2009, 11:36 AM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbyrd View Post
I was finally able to speak with my son's counselor last Thursday. She was very pleasant and helpful. My son is officially listed in the inmate locater records as being at LAC reception, on his way to Mule Creek. Ms. Black, the counselor, told me that I should call the CC2 (whatever that is) in C building and explain to her that it's a hardship for my son to remain at LAC because it's 400 miles from home and he would not be able to get any visits, and that he should be re-endorsed to Mule Creek when he goes to committee. I've been trying to call the CC2 and she has not yet returned my calls. For anyone else who wants to make that call, the CC2 extension is 6321. My son wrote and said that all the inmates who went on the bus with him to LAC from DVI were told they were going to the prisons to which they were endorsed, but all ended up at LAC. He said a lot of the guys still think they will be transferred to where they were supposed to be going once they're out of reception.
my husband was told the same thing when he arrived to LAC from NKSP with 14 other inmates.. They where told they where aware they each had diff. Prisons to witch they should be mainline to but when it came around to see there counselor to let them know about it.. But so far he hasnt seen his counselor.. I'm going to try calling wishing me luck.. and i'd appreciate ur's 2 ladies
Old 06-01-2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
my husband was told the same thing when he arrived to LAC from NKSP with 14 other inmates.. They where told they where aware they each had diff. Prisons to witch they should be mainline to but when it came around to see there counselor to let them know about it.. But so far he hasnt seen his counselor.. I'm going to try calling wishing me luck.. and i'd appreciate ur's 2 ladies

How long has your husband been there? I'm wondering how long it's taking to see a counselor. My son got there 5/20 and I don't think he's seen his counselor yet. The CC2 still has not returned my calls, and I'll be calling her again today. Good luck - hope you get through. I called the statewide inmate locator today and they said my son is at "LAC reception, subject to change". So, apparently he's still eligible to go to Mule Creek and has not been re-endorsed to LAC so far.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:19 PM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

Quote:
How long has your husband been there? I'm wondering how long it's taking to see a counselor. My son got there 5/20 and I don't think he's seen his counselor yet. The CC2 still has not returned my calls, and I'll be calling her again today. Good luck - hope you get through. I called the statewide inmate locator today and they said my son is at "LAC reception, subject to change". So, apparently he's still eligible to go to Mule Creek and has not been re-endorsed to LAC so far.
He arrived 5/1 and i called his Counselor about 2wks ago and he hadnt seen my Husband.. Well No luck today got the answering machine i just hope he returns my call... I had a ? the extension you gave for cc2 does that apply for all the inmates? I'm going to try inmate locator and see what they tell me this time.. Last time all they said was he was in LAC.. thanx wish u the best and hope ur son gets sent closer to home
Old 06-01-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
He arrived 5/1 and i called his Counselor about 2wks ago and he hadnt seen my Husband.. Well No luck today got the answering machine i just hope he returns my call... I had a ? the extension you gave for cc2 does that apply for all the inmates? I'm going to try inmate locator and see what they tell me this time.. Last time all they said was he was in LAC.. thanx wish u the best and hope ur son gets sent closer to home
The extension number applies for C yard reception inmates. She just called me back and didn't have too much information. She said they're in transition now and a lot of SNY inmates got sent there from everywhere. There's every possibility that they will eventually get transferred to the prisons where they were initially supposed to be going. They can't make phone calls, can't have contact visits, etc. They can get mail.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mbyrd For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2009, 03:42 PM
-----------------------
Donation Award 

Quote:
The extension number applies for C yard reception inmates. She just called me back and didn't have too much information. She said they're in transition now and a lot of SNY inmates got sent there from everywhere. There's every possibility that they will eventually get transferred to the prisons where they were initially supposed to be going. They can't make phone calls, can't have contact visits, etc. They can get mail.
CCI and CC2 stands for Correctional Counselor 1 or Correctional Counselor 2, with CC2 being above CC1.

I think it is just so wrong that these guys went through reception at other prisons, saw a counselor, got endorsed and were sent supposedly to mainline and they are now "in limbo" at LAC and that they can't have the privileges they would have been afforded at the mainline prison.

That is just horses&*t if you ask me. If they are going to maroon them at LAC, the LEAST they could do is let them have phone privileges and they also should be getting contact visits.

I'm so sorry you ladies are having to deal with this.

Last edited by Terry; 06-01-2009 at 03:44 PM..
Old 06-01-2009, 03:44 PM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

Quote:

Thats good news she at least called you back.. To bad She didnt have much information besides what we all ready know.. Did she by any chance say how long this transition can take? Ive heard it can takes about 2wks for them to go to commitee but TODAY makes it 1month... and i just want to hear his voice and hug him yeah me and my husband have been writing letters since June 08' and thats pretty much it our phone calls didnt last long since he arrived to reception in Nov 08'.. but thanx for the 411.. (Inamte Locator still has him in Reception at LAC)
Old 06-01-2009, 03:56 PM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

I think it is just so wrong that these guys went through reception at other prisons, saw a counselor, got endorsed and were sent supposedly to mainline and they are now "in limbo" at LAC and that they can't have the privileges they would have been afforded at the mainline prison.

That is just horses&*t if you ask me. If they are going to maroon them at LAC, the LEAST they could do is let them have phone privileges and they also should be getting contact visits.

NICELY SAID!!!
I mean 30 min Non Contact Would you happen to know how long they can keep them there if they have all ready served there reception time in some other Prison? I just hope once we start the Process to get Family Visits things go way SMOOTHER then this!!
Old 06-01-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:

NICELY SAID!!!
I mean 30 min Non Contact Would you happen to know how long they can keep them there if they have all ready served there reception time in some other Prison? I just hope once we start the Process to get Family Visits things go way SMOOTHER then this!!

I totally agree. My son's been in reception at DVI since December, 2008, and now he's been hijacked into reception again, 400 miles away, with no end in sight. It doesn't even make any sense. What's the point of another reception, where they will go through the same process, and endorse him to where he's already endorsed? What a huge waste of time and resources!! His release date is in September, so he may do his whole time in reception, without a phone call, package, or contact visit!! This is just wrong. I don't know if there is any limit to the length of time they can be kept in reception. The DVI handbook says about 45 days, but that sure didn't work out - he was there for 5 months.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mbyrd For This Useful Post:
missevy (06-09-2009)
Old 06-01-2009, 10:03 PM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

The DVI handbook says about 45 days, but that sure didn't work out - he was there for 5 months.[/quote]

Well my husband did 6months at NKSP Reception and then Today makes it 1month at LAC reception i mean i know my husband has TIME.. and a lot of it but Damn... this is Crucial
Old 06-01-2009, 10:18 PM

Quote:
The DVI handbook says about 45 days, but that sure didn't work out - he was there for 5 months.
Well my husband did 6months at NKSP Reception and then Today makes it 1month at LAC reception i mean i know my husband has TIME.. and a lot of it but Damn... this is Crucial[/quote]

That's nuts, worse than my son. He did 5 months at DVI reception and he's been at LAC since May 20. I got mail from him today and they still don't have any sort of program going on. I just don't understand why they've been sent to another reception center and no one seems to be able to answer that question for me. It's not logical, but I am going to keep asking until I get an answer!
Old 06-02-2009, 01:00 AM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

I just don't understand why they've been sent to another reception center and no one seems to be able to answer that question for me. It's not logical, but I am going to keep asking until I get an answer![/quote]

Same here!! and it breaks my heart knowing how sad and stressed out my husband is having to wait more time to be able to hug us I mean it will be 1yr June 18. and our bdays are comming up!! Then the fact that they dont know NOTHING... they just give them the run around and expect them to be (Ok thanx) I mean they opened up this new SNY yard for a reason..
"MAINLINE" so why isnt that happening.. what are they waiting for!

Last edited by mhrndz82; 06-02-2009 at 01:07 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to mhrndz82 For This Useful Post:
LakerFan (06-05-2009)
Old 06-02-2009, 09:43 AM
-----------------------
Donation Award 

Well, they (LAC) might be calling them "reception" inmates, but they aren't. They have been endorsed to mainline (from what you have both said anyway) and they are now housed on a MAINLINE SNY yard at LAC. That is not a reception yard - at least if they are on C yard it isn't.

Are they both on C yard? L4 SNY yard?
Old 06-02-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Well, they (LAC) might be calling them "reception" inmates, but they aren't. They have been endorsed to mainline (from what you have both said anyway) and they are now housed on a MAINLINE SNY yard at LAC. That is not a reception yard - at least if they are on C yard it isn't.

Yes, my son is on C yard, but he's a level 3, not 4. When I spoke with the CC2 yesterday she said he's in reception, can't get visits, make phone calls, or get packages. He is still endorsed to Mule Creek. I'm so confused, and I think they are too, because no one seems to know what the hell's going on!
Old 06-02-2009, 11:49 AM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

Quote:

My husband is a low level 4 and his counselor also said he was in Reception and Inmate Locator told me the same thing.. Now if you call LAC visiting hotline it does say Reception inmates in facility B C & D are limited to 30 min Non Contact Visits by app. Only.. So if they are housed in a Mainline SNY then why cant they make phone calls, get contact visits or packages? At this point im so- this isn't funny no more!
Old 06-02-2009, 11:57 AM

That's exactly what I was told. They are in reception on C yard.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:53 PM
-----------------------
Donation Award 

Well ladies, I'm baffled. I've honestly never heard of this. Once someone is endorsed mainline and transferred out of their reception hub, they (historically) are now mainline inmates.

Then there's the visiting restriction. So, regular reception inmates at LAC CAN have visits, but any inmates endorsed and moved to LAC's "limbo C yard" CAN'T have visits? Why not? Why are the other reception inmates better than these men who have already been through reception?

I'm at a loss. You might have to go higher up the ladder.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:16 PM

All the reception inmates can have 30 minute non contact visits. When I said no visits, I meant to say no contact visits. I'm so frustrated! No one seems to know what's going on with these guys. They have all been through reception and now they're doing it again. They are not endorsed to LAC, at least my son isn't. He's still endorsed to Mule Creek, which makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mbyrd For This Useful Post:
missevy (06-09-2009), PTO-110524 (06-03-2009)
Old 06-03-2009, 07:30 PM

Hi everyone. I just got a letter from my boyfriend who was in reception at Delano since March, and was supposed to be transpacked to Tehachapi, but he is now in limbo at C yard in Lancaster. He doesn't know why, because his counselor told him he was a level 2. He wants to know if that is illegal? He wrote that it doesn't say anything about that in the prison handbook. He also said they told him he could possibly be mainlined at Lancaster and C yard was going to turn into a gym but he said it is just a guess and is very confused by the situation. Does anyone know what is going on? We also were never approved at Delano for visitation (our applications are still pending), can we send in new applications to Lancaster, or should we wait because he might be moved to Tehachapi. Is he still in reception even though he already saw his counselor at Delano, and does he have to do the reception process all over? Does anyone know how long mail takes to get to C yard? He wrote a letter on Sunday that I received today and people are telling him it takes 3 weeks to get mail so I might as well not bother writing because he could be moved. Does mail get forwarded once they change prisons? Sorry so many questions I'm very worried because he sounds so distressed.
Closed Thread