Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC) Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the California State Prison, located in Los Angeles County, California.

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 11:03 AM
I'm the luckiest girl!!

OK, My man finally arrived.He's in C-1...Any info on this yard would be much appreciated! Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2009, 11:10 AM

My husband is in C-1. I was just told by Counselor Harris, which is assigned to that building that they are working on classifying that building this week.

So everyone else should be getting visits hopefully this upcoming weekend! Hopefully they won't take forever to process this building. They seem to be moving faster. But who knows. I have a feeling my husband will be one of the last to be classified, since they seem to have "lost" his C-File! Lovely!

Good luck Malstone!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by malstone View Post
OK, My man finally arrived.He's in C-1...Any info on this yard would be much appreciated! Thanks.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:17 AM
I'm the luckiest girl!!

Thanks, Pirateswife! Yes, Councilor Harris said they had another class. tomorrow and that it would probably be 14 days before he gets phone calls and visits. I'm so anxious because as soon as he can have visits, I'm coming from TX to surprise him. Ok, Thanks again...Good luck to you as well.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:25 AM
.......♥............

Hello Pirateswife,

My fiancee was in C-1, but he just got tranferred over to B-1. I haven't heard from him lately like I normally do is LAC on lockdown? Now that he switched housing units does this mean he will be mainlined soon? Sorry for the many questions, but am curious to know...

Any info you can provide is greatly appreciated Thank you!!
Old 08-18-2009, 11:52 AM
Banned

Thanked 1,529 Times in 1,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirateswife View Post
Right now there isn't an Ombudsmon assigned for LAC, but you can contact Sara Malone, I think she may be the acting one. sara.malone@cdcr.ca.gov

Good luck!

Thank you.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Ok, so now I am having an issue. My husband's counselor told me that he went to look for his file, and was told that it was checked out by a counselor. He talked to Buetcher (I guess she is the one that requests the files for classification) and she said that she has been requesting it, and records isn't sending it to her, no reason, she even showed him a list with all the dates that she requested the information.

So, NOW, I am wondering, where the he!! is my husbands C-File? How was his counselor able to get told that it was checked out, AND then able to find out where he was assigned to parole to? But, this person who holds the key to his classification can't find it?

Any suggestions on who to call? I am going to be calling his current counselor and tell him what my husband was told, any other suggestions? I may email Sara and see what she has to say.

Thanks in advance!
Ok now that is werid, someone (a counselor) checked it out but yet they can't find who has it? Dont they have to doc everything that goes in and out of people's hands? Well maybe I'm just "guessing" that is how it goes but you'd think it would. WOW!!

Not sure who you could call, maybe the person above the two counselors? I hope you can get it figured out, that is crazy it just "vanished"..
Old 08-18-2009, 12:06 PM

Not sure about why he was transferred to B yard. I thought B Yard was reception. Am I wrong? Not sure about that though, maybe someone else knows?

I would start calling counselors, records anyone that will answer the phone. Call Records and have them transfer you to his counselor and ask that person.

Sorry, that is all I can think to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by one.four.three View Post
Hello Pirateswife,

My fiancee was in C-1, but he just got tranferred over to B-1. I haven't heard from him lately like I normally do is LAC on lockdown? Now that he switched housing units does this mean he will be mainlined soon? Sorry for the many questions, but am curious to know...

Any info you can provide is greatly appreciated Thank you!!
Old 08-18-2009, 12:09 PM

I called and spoke to his counselor, which of course he was very nice, yet again. BUt, I don't know if what he told me is the truth.

He said that when someone comes back to prison whether on a violation (which is what's happening with my husband) or on a new charge, a Records Analyst reviews the file, to make sure that they got the correct amount of time, etc etc... He said he doesn't know for sure, but he said that could be the person that has the file. However, if that is the case, why wouldn't they say that to him, when he went looking for the file? Why wouldn't they tell Buetcher (which I found out is CC2, above the regular counselors) what is going on, so it doesn't sounds as if it is lost! I mean, that is NOT a good thing to tell people!

So, I think I am going to be calling records this afternoon, and see if I can find anything else out! I am SO tired of this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBea View Post
Ok now that is werid, someone (a counselor) checked it out but yet they can't find who has it? Dont they have to doc everything that goes in and out of people's hands? Well maybe I'm just "guessing" that is how it goes but you'd think it would. WOW!!

Not sure who you could call, maybe the person above the two counselors? I hope you can get it figured out, that is crazy it just "vanished"..
Old 08-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
I called and spoke to his counselor, which of course he was very nice, yet again. BUt, I don't know if what he told me is the truth.

He said that when someone comes back to prison whether on a violation (which is what's happening with my husband) or on a new charge, a Records Analyst reviews the file, to make sure that they got the correct amount of time, etc etc... He said he doesn't know for sure, but he said that could be the person that has the file. However, if that is the case, why wouldn't they say that to him, when he went looking for the file? Why wouldn't they tell Buetcher (which I found out is CC2, above the regular counselors) what is going on, so it doesn't sounds as if it is lost! I mean, that is NOT a good thing to tell people!

So, I think I am going to be calling records this afternoon, and see if I can find anything else out! I am SO tired of this!
Yeah I agree, it don't make sense not to just tell the counselor that the "records analyst" has the file. I mean when Records gives the files out they should "sign" for the file not just give it out, you'd think, so why don't they have who signed it out? Craziness! Oh and Buetcher she is the CC2 huh?! Good to know.

Gosh I hope you can get it figured out, it's almost like they really "don't" know and is guessing themselves.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:38 PM

I don't understand half of what these people "try" to do, I mean they must think that we are really stupid to tell us some of the things they tell us.

No, Buetcher didn't tell me anything. I can't get her to call me back.
CC1 Harris told me that Buetcher was HIS supervisor, which would make her a CC2. Sneaky I am, sometimes. HE HE HE HE

Quote:
Yeah I agree, it don't make sense not to just tell the counselor that the "records analyst" has the file. I mean when Records gives the files out they should "sign" for the file not just give it out, you'd think, so why don't they have who signed it out? Craziness! Oh and Buetcher she is the CC2 huh?! Good to know.

Gosh I hope you can get it figured out, it's almost like they really "don't" know and is guessing themselves.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
I don't understand half of what these people "try" to do, I mean they must think that we are really stupid to tell us some of the things they tell us.

No, Buetcher didn't tell me anything. I can't get her to call me back.
CC1 Harris told me that Buetcher was HIS supervisor, which would make her a CC2. Sneaky I am, sometimes. HE HE HE HE

Gosh, you know when I call around 12-1pm I have always got a hold of her, also at like 730am i've caught her. I hope you can get a hold of her, just keep calling, she will eventually call you back.

I need to call here again, b/c there telling my husband that since he has a job (just got it today) that he had to put in 5 days in advance for ETO time to have a visit this coming weekend. *sigh* so he is like "i hope they let me out" grrrrr.. I'm not to keen on that when there isn't 5 days to even give in advance. So he told me to call her buetcher and ask her if he will be alright for a visit this weekend.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:05 PM
his wifey

Thanked 1,512 Times in 799 Posts

[quote=Pirateswife;4870552]I called and spoke to his counselor, which of course he was very nice, yet again. BUt, I don't know if what he told me is the truth.

[quote]
Harris was my husband's counselor before the yard got flipped when he was in C. DO NOT BELIEVE HIM.............he told me and my husband he was endorsed, not!!!!! My husband is still waiting to leave. Yea, he is very nice and pleasant but I think he tells you what you want to hear to get you off the phone. He never returns calls and he never comes to work. He doesn't work on Mondays ever................
Old 08-19-2009, 09:35 AM

That's really strange because he has always called me back, and he even called last week right when he said he would, and had my husband in the room, and let my husband yell into the phone, and relayed a message back to my husband for me. He has answered the phone on Monday for me even this monday, he tells me that will furlough Fridays, he isn't there on Fridays, but other than that, he has always answered and always called back! very strange!

[quote=afirsttimer;4871879][quote=Pirateswife;4870552]I called and spoke to his counselor, which of course he was very nice, yet again. BUt, I don't know if what he told me is the truth.

Quote:
Harris was my husband's counselor before the yard got flipped when he was in C. DO NOT BELIEVE HIM.............he told me and my husband he was endorsed, not!!!!! My husband is still waiting to leave. Yea, he is very nice and pleasant but I think he tells you what you want to hear to get you off the phone. He never returns calls and he never comes to work. He doesn't work on Mondays ever................
Old 08-19-2009, 09:37 AM

I will try to call her in a bit, I need to know what is going on! This is ridiclious! One of our old friends that we've known forever got there in the middle of July and he has already been classified as of last week, and is able to get visits this weekend! But my husband's file is LOST? WTF!?!

I will be calling her when I go on my break! Thanks!!!! You wouldn't happen to know her direct extension?

Quote:
Gosh, you know when I call around 12-1pm I have always got a hold of her, also at like 730am i've caught her. I hope you can get a hold of her, just keep calling, she will eventually call you back.

I need to call here again, b/c there telling my husband that since he has a job (just got it today) that he had to put in 5 days in advance for ETO time to have a visit this coming weekend. *sigh* so he is like "i hope they let me out" grrrrr.. I'm not to keen on that when there isn't 5 days to even give in advance. So he told me to call her buetcher and ask her if he will be alright for a visit this weekend.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
I will try to call her in a bit, I need to know what is going on! This is ridiclious! One of our old friends that we've known forever got there in the middle of July and he has already been classified as of last week, and is able to get visits this weekend! But my husband's file is LOST? WTF!?!

I will be calling her when I go on my break! Thanks!!!! You wouldn't happen to know her direct extension?

sorry getting to this late, but the exten. is 6321. Hope you were able to get a hold of her, and get things straighten out.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:32 PM

Thanks, I found it out! I left her a message, hopefully she will call back! I want to know what is going on.

Records said that they do have a records analyst, but they won't keep a file without releasing it if a counselor or anyone else asks for it, the lady in records said she doesn't understand why myhusband is being told they won't give it up. But, I can't talk to the analyst, or find out about his file.

So, hopefully someone will give me a truthful answer! I am so tired of this BS!

Quote:
sorry getting to this late, but the exten. is 6321. Hope you were able to get a hold of her, and get things straighten out.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thanks, I found it out! I left her a message, hopefully she will call back! I want to know what is going on.

Records said that they do have a records analyst, but they won't keep a file without releasing it if a counselor or anyone else asks for it, the lady in records said she doesn't understand why myhusband is being told they won't give it up. But, I can't talk to the analyst, or find out about his file.

So, hopefully someone will give me a truthful answer! I am so tired of this BS!
Sounds like a lot of the run around, i'm sorry you are going through that, I hope that she will call you back and you get can this all straighten out. Hang in there.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:37 PM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbyrd View Post
Yes, I got a call from the gym just about an hour ago. His first phone call of 2009!
CONGRATS
i know you will be at LAC this weekend!
i know i was as soon as i found out lol
MBYRD:I hope you have a safe drive and a GREAT visit..
Old 08-19-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortyz Wife View Post

CONGRATS

THANKS!!! Yes, I definitely will be there this weekend. I have my motel reservation all set, took a vacation day on Friday, and I'm driving down Friday, visiting Saturday and part of Sunday.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:

CONGRATS

I think I read a post from you about the dress code there. What are they having problems with? I sure don't want to get down there and have that problem! Thanks.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:40 PM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

for some reason that sunday alot of people were asked to change im there every sunday and that was my first time hearing them tell more then 1.. Ive never had a problem.. I just stick 2 blk or beige jeans/slacks with a nice top that isnt to low cut or tight..My wedding ring,hubby's bracelet and that's about it.. cuz the last thing n e one wants is to have to go all the way bk 2 the car and change.. they dont have change machines so make sure you have $50 in Ones or Quarters if you want to take pictures they r $2 each. it only takes quarters and it's on your right hand side as soon as you walk in! just dont forget to turn them in to the c.o. in side the visiting room when u hand him the slip to bring ur son. you can buy as many as u want. i'm sure u've done ur research but id be happy to help if u have any ques..
Old 08-19-2009, 05:55 PM
I'm the luckiest girl!!

Oh? The pictures only take quarters and it gives you a paper? This is new to me, Thank you. I have some tokens for pics left over from the last prison...guess they wont do me any good, huh?

Old 08-19-2009, 06:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
for some reason that sunday alot of people were asked to change im there every sunday and that was my first time hearing them tell more then 1.. Ive never had a problem.. I just stick 2 blk or beige jeans/slacks with a nice top that isnt to low cut or tight..My wedding ring,hubby's bracelet and that's about it.. cuz the last thing n e one wants is to have to go all the way bk 2 the car and change.. they dont have change machines so make sure you have $50 in Ones or Quarters if you want to take pictures they r $2 each. it only takes quarters and it's on your right hand side as soon as you walk in! just dont forget to turn them in to the c.o. in side the visiting room when u hand him the slip to bring ur son. you can buy as many as u want. i'm sure u've done ur research but id be happy to help if u have any ques..
We give the co's the paper (to bring out the inmante) and ALL the photo slips we got that day? Did I read you right? I'm going this weekend and surely dont want to get yelled at for "not following rules".
Old 08-20-2009, 02:03 AM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

Quote:
We give the co's the paper (to bring out the inmante) and ALL the photo slips we got that day? Did I read you right? I'm going this weekend and surely dont want to get yelled at for "not following rules".
LOL my bad since it was 2 mbyrd i mentioned her son but yes once the c.o. inside building C takes the slip and your id. he/she will make a call letting them know inmates last name building # and housing # then he/she gives u ur slip lets u inside the visiting room and you turn it in 2 the c.o.'s at the front desk. I mean you can eaither wait for ur loved one to take them or turn them in ur self.. I suggest you should because it's been getting packed and the majority of the visitors have tickets and more then one. and once they run out of photo paper thats it.
u will be fine girlie i mean it's pretty much the same process as other prisons it's just some are a lil more picky!! sadly LAC is one Have ur id ready when u pull up 2 the prison for the c.o. will ask u for it once ur parked fill out both sides of the slip so u can just turn it in and get in there faster lol JUST make sure u dont leave nothing out! since it's ur first time make sure u give them ur id and child b.c.with the slip.. they had me fill out another visiting form like the one u turned in 2 be approved so they might tell u the same. oh if ur taking ur baby the wipies must be new all the time so if u have left over ones from sat. visit they wont let them in for sun. visit i know i went a lil over with answering ur short ques. LOL but p.m. if u need n e thing.. Congrats girlie
Old 08-20-2009, 02:18 AM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

Quote:
Originally Posted by malstone View Post
Oh? The pictures only take quarters and it gives you a paper? This is new to me, Thank you. I have some tokens for pics left over from the last prison...guess they wont do me any good, huh?
The machines are exactly like the ones u c at grocery stores that give u those lil stickers inside a white folded looking thing LOL for like .50-1.00 They are 2.00 ech. i always throw the lil bk thing away just to make it easier and faster for them if you take rolls of quarters make sure u take them out for they will ask u 2.. are u visiting Building C? Congrats girlie and if u need n e more info just p.m.
Closed Thread