Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC) Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the California State Prison, located in Los Angeles County, California.

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 11:59 AM
-----------------------
Donation Award 

Thanked 18,160 Times in 7,204 Posts
Default 2010 LAC Lockdown Q&A (Only) Thread

2010 Lancaster
Lockdown Discussion Thread

Link to previous 2009 Lockdown Thread

Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2009, 01:10 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,529 Times in 1,050 Posts

Anyone got any new news about C3's lock down of the whites and hispanics? I haven't got any mail so I am clueless on what is going on? Anyone else know any new news or will be visiting someone this weekend who might know and can let us all know? Thanks!
Old 12-31-2009, 10:55 PM
Banned

Just wanted to update and let you all know that my hubby's cellie called me (b/c hubby is closed a and cant call at night) and said that Whites and Hispanics are off lock down in C3 so things are back to normal.

Those waiting for a call out of C3 hope you get it soon!

Happy New Years!!
Old 01-07-2010, 05:12 PM
Banned

Hey does anyone know what is going on with C yard? Got a letter from hubby today and he wrote it on the 4th and said that they are on lock down again. I have not got a call since Monday so I was wondering if any other ladies have heard anything about C YARD?
Old 01-10-2010, 09:58 PM
Banned

Hey ladies I was wondering if anyone went to visit C-YARD this weekend and heard anything about how long they think they might be lock down with this recent lock down there on? Thanks!
Old 01-11-2010, 05:45 PM

Hey MsB,

I asked my husband who's in C-Gym. Apparently, all of C-yard buildings (except for gym) are still on lockdown at least through the end of this week. No phones, work, food in cells - but it didn't affect visiting last weekend. He said all is quiet this week - no fights or anything.

They did cancel C-yard visitation on Saturday around 11:45, but that was for an "emergency count". It had nothing to do with the lockdown. They counted everybody and that was it. Everything was back to normal (visiting-wise) on Sunday.

Keep the faith! Hopefully, lockdown will be over soon and you'll be able to talk to him again. I manage to speak to my husband on the phone on most days, so if I do hear of anything new, I'll post it for you. Trust me, I know how it feels to not know what's going on. It can drive you crazy!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to committedwife For This Useful Post:
RoddasMaMa (01-11-2010)
Old 01-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by committedwife View Post
Hey MsB,

I asked my husband who's in C-Gym. Apparently, all of C-yard buildings (except for gym) are still on lockdown at least through the end of this week. No phones, work, food in cells - but it didn't affect visiting last weekend. He said all is quiet this week - no fights or anything.

They did cancel C-yard visitation on Saturday around 11:45, but that was for an "emergency count". It had nothing to do with the lockdown. They counted everybody and that was it. Everything was back to normal (visiting-wise) on Sunday.

Keep the faith! Hopefully, lockdown will be over soon and you'll be able to talk to him again. I manage to speak to my husband on the phone on most days, so if I do hear of anything new, I'll post it for you. Trust me, I know how it feels to not know what's going on. It can drive you crazy!!!
Thank you! Yeah the only thing I get out of my hubby in letters is "this will probably be a loooong ld this sucks" haah! so he dont say much, plus he just been bitchin' lately b/c of all the ld's and it's getting to him. I dont blame him, but can't do a thing. I feel as helpless as he does.. Just really a bad time right now for me and him and it sucks.. I just keep a smile so no one knows I'm hurting, easier that way..

Thank you again I really appreciate it. I heard about the visiting on Saturday, a emergency count, wow.. good to hear it was just a count and nothing happen. glad it was all back to normal Sunday.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:30 AM

You're very welcome. I know how frustrating it can get with all the ld's and lack of communication. I don't blame him either. It really sucks to be punished for something that you didn't do. I hate it when a couple of idiots get into a fight and then the whole place needs to be punished for it. :-(

Yep, Saturday was quite interesting, to say the least. I don't live too far away, so I was lucky. I felt really bad for people that came from a long distance, just to be kicked out and sent home. Hopefully, everything will be back to normal by this weekend!

Stay strong! :-)
Old 01-22-2010, 07:59 PM
Banned

Hey ladies! Hubby's Friend called today (1130am) said that LOCk doWn on C yard was OFF.. yay!!! THEN hubby called me at 4pm and said that something happen on D yard (not sure what happen he just said something happen on D yard) an they were told to get down and that they were LOCKED DOWN again for the rest of the night, but they should be back up tomorrow?! They let him out to call me so maybe it's just MODIFIED lock down, b/c he also said they were still passing out qrtly package. He is going to try to call me again tomorrow (so I dont know what is going on with him saying they were locked down again)

Hopefully those who are waiting on calls get them..
Old 01-23-2010, 07:10 PM

Thank you to everyone this has been very helpfull,i've been waiting for a call from my husband but he also say's he cant call because of lockdown situation but he's still able to send letters which is how we have to communicate as of now ugh ugh
Old 01-25-2010, 01:34 PM

Hey everyone i finally got a call from my hubby yesterday and i'm curious if there allowed more than 2 phone calls a day because he told me he only was allowed 2?anyone with info please help thanks again
Old 01-25-2010, 09:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenncas View Post
Hey everyone i finally got a call from my hubby yesterday and i'm curious if there allowed more than 2 phone calls a day because he told me he only was allowed 2?anyone with info please help thanks again

It depends if he is working he can call once a day, if not then it's once a month. My hubby can call me a few times a day though he works, he normally calls me while he is working too, then later in the day. It just all depends. I think also if there in school they can call more than once a day, not sure though..
Old 02-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Banned

anyone know if C yard is on ld?
Old 02-16-2010, 04:56 PM
I'm the luckiest girl!!

Anyone know why I cant order a package for C2? The Access website says C yard is no longer accepting quarterly packages. Ive tried to call the prison but I keep getting booted off.

Old 02-16-2010, 05:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by malstone View Post
Anyone know why I cant order a package for C2? The Access website says C yard is no longer accepting quarterly packages. Ive tried to call the prison but I keep getting booted off.

That's weird it would say a yard, never had that happen before at all. Um. wow.. not to sure, have you called Access and asked them? Let us know what you find out. Last I heard C yard was fine, so that is weird it would say that on the Access website..
Old 02-16-2010, 10:44 PM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

Quote:
Originally Posted by malstone View Post
I feel bad not having any answers girlie but i agree with mrs bea: this is the first!! at the begining it was saying Cyard wasnt able to recieve packages but we all later found out it was a bunch of bull.. I sure hope its a misunderstanding for we all know how important our men need those packages.. Dont give up try access and if they cant give you much info then call R&R ex. 5574.. thats where ive called when ever i have issues and need to find out info on my husbands package.. I will give you a heads up they can eaither be very nice or very rude/mean good luck girle and plz keep us posted on any info you get thanx.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortyz Wife View Post
I feel bad not having any answers girlie but i agree with mrs bea: this is the first!! at the begining it was saying Cyard wasnt able to recieve packages but we all later found out it was a bunch of bull.. I sure hope its a misunderstanding for we all know how important our men need those packages.. Dont give up try access and if they cant give you much info then call R&R ex. 5574.. thats where ive called when ever i have issues and need to find out info on my husbands package.. I will give you a heads up they can eaither be very nice or very rude/mean good luck girle and plz keep us posted on any info you get thanx.

What I find weird is that Walkenhorst's dont say that at all on there website not like access. So I dont know what the heck is going on, anyone call R & R and find out?
Old 02-17-2010, 04:19 PM
Banned

I called LAC R & R and he said you need to call Access b/c C yard is all on normal programing and you should be able to send to C2, and all of C yard to be exact, he said he works on C yard (he was very nice I might add) and said call Access or just go through another vendor, that he has NO idea what is going on.

HOpe that helps!
Good luck!
Old 03-01-2010, 05:27 PM

Hi Ladies,

Just as an fyi...if you haven't heard from your man it's because they're on lockdown. I saw my husband on Saturday. He's in C-Gym and said that the day before somebody sent a threatening letter to the cops and the whole place went on LD. Fortunately, they didn't cancel visitation.

He didn't call me today, which means that they're still on LD and he can't get to the phones. I have no idea what other yards it's affecting, but I would assume if you don't hear from you and he usually calls, that's why.

Hopefully, everything will get back to normal soon!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to committedwife For This Useful Post:
Brandy (03-01-2010), RoddasMaMa (03-01-2010)
Old 03-01-2010, 05:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by committedwife View Post
Hi Ladies,

Just as an fyi...if you haven't heard from your man it's because they're on lockdown. I saw my husband on Saturday. He's in C-Gym and said that the day before somebody sent a threatening letter to the cops and the whole place went on LD. Fortunately, they didn't cancel visitation.

He didn't call me today, which means that they're still on LD and he can't get to the phones. I have no idea what other yards it's affecting, but I would assume if you don't hear from you and he usually calls, that's why.

Hopefully, everything will get back to normal soon!
Thank you! I have been wondering what is going on. No mail today and no call since early last week. It must be effecting all of C yard since mine is on C3.. thanks again for letting us know.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:11 PM
Somebody Please???!!!???

mine got moved to B-Gym...I received a second letter today letting me know he got moved...
Old 03-01-2010, 10:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by luz1980 View Post
mine got moved to B-Gym...I received a second letter today letting me know he got moved...
From what I believe that is a reception yard. He got sent to LAC from county? I think B Gym is level 3, I could be wrong (ladies if I am correct me please) I'm not sure how things are there, I'm assuming it would be just how C yard orientation/reception was and locked down basically 24/7 there visit's I *think* are an hour, and you have to call on certain days to get an appointment to visit.

Ask away if you have any other questions hon. .. I know things can get frustrating when dealing with the CDCr.

Hang in there, keep your head up!
Old 03-02-2010, 02:03 AM
Somebody Please???!!!???

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBea View Post
From what I believe that is a reception yard. He got sent to LAC from county? I think B Gym is level 3, I could be wrong (ladies if I am correct me please) I'm not sure how things are there, I'm assuming it would be just how C yard orientation/reception was and locked down basically 24/7 there visit's I *think* are an hour, and you have to call on certain days to get an appointment to visit.

Ask away if you have any other questions hon. .. I know things can get frustrating when dealing with the CDCr.

Hang in there, keep your head up!
What does level 3 mean? He told me he hates it more than county...but he was eager to go to prison then do his time in county...I think its because he can't call me or he doesn't know when he will see his son and I again...since last week I'm feeling much better....I have to stay positive and just pray he doesn't get into anything bad...I'm so worried about him...and I know he feels the same way about me...6 more months to go...
Old 03-02-2010, 03:21 AM
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by luz1980 View Post
What does level 3 mean? He told me he hates it more than county...but he was eager to go to prison then do his time in county...I think its because he can't call me or he doesn't know when he will see his son and I again...since last week I'm feeling much better....I have to stay positive and just pray he doesn't get into anything bad...I'm so worried about him...and I know he feels the same way about me...6 more months to go...

Level 3, eh it's the security level he is. Only reason I say that is b/c I dont think Level 4's can be in a gym setting. I could be wrong though, he'll find out though once he goes to committee. I found this on a thread here in PTO that described the level's better than I could:
Minimum, medium, and maximum. Basically the lesser level you are the greater freedoms you have. The more serious crimes- murder, aggravated assault, if you are an escape risk... the higher security level you would be.
Have you had him send you a visiting form to fill out so you can go visit? It takes about (the max) 3 months to get approved, could be sooner depending on how many they got to do. Just keep writing him so he gets mail, that will help him stay out of trouble. hang in there, everyday gone is one day closer to him coming home.

Last edited by Brandy; 03-02-2010 at 03:22 AM..
Old 03-02-2010, 07:21 PM
Banned

Hey ladies, just wanted to drop a note saying that my hubby called today at 4pm and said the "mini" ld is off in C-yard.

Have a great day ladies and hope anyone waiting for calls get one.
Closed Thread