Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the Kern Valley State Prison located in Delano, California.

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 03:34 AM
i love chino <3

Default Is it ok if i just???

Carrie my daugthers Pampers and wipes in my hand instead of a clear diaper bag cause I honesty don't know or want to go buy a clear one also what's the dress code for a 2year old ... and is it hot in Delano

"CHiNoS WiFEY"
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Loving him since 2003

Shorts and tshirts are ok. When I visited last week, I did see some moms carrying diapers & wipes in their hands. The guards do look through your stuff.

I was visiting a Missouri State Prison, so do not take what I said as gospel.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:05 PM
He's finally Home!!!!!!

Staff Superstar Winner 

Thanked 5,480 Times in 3,267 Posts

I am going to move this to the KVSP forum so you will get the most accurate answer.

Yes it does get hot in Delano. It shouldn't be too hot now but in a month or so it's going to get hot.

Old 05-06-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melii View Post
Carrie my daugthers Pampers and wipes in my hand instead of a clear diaper bag cause I honesty don't know or want to go buy a clear one also what's the dress code for a 2year old ... and is it hot in Delano

"CHiNoS WiFEY"
You can carry them in your hand but you can also put them in a large zip lock bag.. It might be easier because you will be doing a lot of waiting before you get inside the visiting room... Just to be safe I wouldnt put her in blue jeans and remember shell have to pass the metal detector..
Old 05-06-2011, 09:16 PM

Thanked 1,293 Times in 762 Posts

i need a quick ass answer asap please lol

I have black skinney pants that have zippers on the pockets

will i get in? help lol i forgot the rules about zippers
Old 05-06-2011, 10:41 PM
His Ride or Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by meximami707 View Post

Are they big ass zippers? Sometimes you can cover the medal with your hand and it wont go off. I always keep a change of clothers in the car just to be safe.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:17 PM
Dedicated To My Husband!

There's rules about zippers??? Oh man can some point me in the right direction to know the guild lines for Kern Pretty please.

Quote:

Old 05-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Still loving my hubby...

Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.melissa21 View Post
There's rules about zippers??? Oh man can some point me in the right direction to know the guild lines for Kern Pretty please.
Not exactly about zippers but the metal detector can be sensitive so too many buttons or zippers will set it off. If you can't clear the metal detector you cant get in.

The Following User Says Thank You to ALWAYS HERE 4 M For This Useful Post:
j.melissa21 (05-10-2011)
Old 05-14-2011, 11:34 PM

Okay ladies i have a couple of questions. My man is in ad seg ( ASU1) since maybe February ( I'm not sure what the hell yard that would be) what yard is that? If I had a clue maybe I could plan a trip sometime to go see him. When he's mailed me letters all they state on the envelope is : ASU1 and his cell number. from what it seems like( reading all the posts) they always seem to be on lockdown and it seems like they have a crap routine for visiting. I guess I've been kinda ''spoiled'' when i used to visit him at Corcoran We didn't have numbers and we got processed seperately so the process was really quick. Do they have lockers to put personal belongings in ? i'm assuming all prisons do but not sure. Also I won't be traveling by car since i don't have one right now. i'' be catching the train to Wasco and then taking a cab there . Does anyone know how long that is , the ride from Wasco to Delano. i always hate going to ''new'' prisons to visits him, it throws my off of my old little traveling routine and i hate being clueless. Thanks guys
Old 05-15-2011, 01:08 PM
His Ride or Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johanna Denise View Post
Okay ladies i have a couple of questions. My man is in ad seg ( ASU1) since maybe February ( I'm not sure what the hell yard that would be) what yard is that? If I had a clue maybe I could plan a trip sometime to go see him. When he's mailed me letters all they state on the envelope is : ASU1 and his cell number. from what it seems like( reading all the posts) they always seem to be on lockdown and it seems like they have a crap routine for visiting. I guess I've been kinda ''spoiled'' when i used to visit him at Corcoran We didn't have numbers and we got processed seperately so the process was really quick. Do they have lockers to put personal belongings in ? i'm assuming all prisons do but not sure. Also I won't be traveling by car since i don't have one right now. i'' be catching the train to Wasco and then taking a cab there . Does anyone know how long that is , the ride from Wasco to Delano. i always hate going to ''new'' prisons to visits him, it throws my off of my old little traveling routine and i hate being clueless. Thanks guys

I can tell you what I know, which isnt much. Ad Seg can be either A or B yard. When they are in Ad Seg, visits are by appt only, behind glass for 1 hour. You can make appts on Monday and Thursdays between 9am-1pm.
Mail is always a problem, and Ad Seg its worse.

The visitng sucks at KVSP. very unorganized and slow as hell. Luckily I live 30 minutes away, I get there at 5am so I can go in with the 3rd group, so i get i around 930 or 10am. No lockers at KVSP, but you can leave your stuff in the "Friends Ouside" trailer and its about 30 mins from Wasco
Bottom line, processing of mail and visits seems to be low priority for prison staff..good luck!
Old 05-15-2011, 11:59 PM
~His Rock.Angel.Sunshine~
Donation Award 

Default C Yard Visits...

Hello... I have been reading up on visitation here at KVSP and boy is it different from Corcoran Since every yard has its visiting area... can someone please contribute for me how contact visits are in C Yard? From start to finish... would be nice What is meant by the car line? And how important is it to be there super early in the morning? What day is better for visiting... Saturday or Sunday? And what is the requirements on jewelry worn at visit? Thank you so much and I look forward to all of your responses.

Beyond Darkness will ALWAYS be Light... You are My Sunshine, My Only Sunshine...
Old 05-16-2011, 12:47 AM
His Ride or Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLove3 View Post
Hello... I have been reading up on visitation here at KVSP and boy is it different from Corcoran Since every yard has its visiting area... can someone please contribute for me how contact visits are in C Yard? From start to finish... would be nice What is meant by the car line? And how important is it to be there super early in the morning? What day is better for visiting... Saturday or Sunday? And what is the requirements on jewelry worn at visit? Thank you so much and I look forward to all of your responses.
Every yard has it own visiting room, we are all processed through one office. They line up outside the prison before it opens, hence "the car line". I get there at 6am, and I am ususally in the the 3rd group, which goes in at 9:30, if they are on time. If its really crowded, we ususally have our visit terminated after 3 hrs. No nose or face piercings, they are pretty strict with following the dress code.
The Following User Says Thank You to DJ22 For This Useful Post:
iLove3 (05-18-2011)
Old 05-16-2011, 08:18 AM
Still loving my hubby...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johanna Denise View Post
Ad Seg visits are by appt only, 1 hour behind glass. Since you make an appointment it doesnt matter what number you get, you just write the appointment time on the top of your pass and you go in with the group closest to your appointment. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Old 05-18-2011, 12:29 AM
I wish you enough

Question Processing Appointments

Are they doing visitor processing appointments [Gen Pop not Adseg] at KVSP? If so, what phone # do you call and when? If by email, what's the address? How far in advance can you schedule an appointment? Thanks for any help.

Old 05-18-2011, 01:26 AM
His Ride or Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by jglsqueen View Post
Are they doing visitor processing appointments [Gen Pop not Adseg] at KVSP? If so, what phone # do you call and when? If by email, what's the address? How far in advance can you schedule an appointment? Thanks for any help.

Appointments are only for Ad Seg, or inmates that have behind glasss visits.
For normal visits you need to show up and get your number, then we all hurry up and wait. There is a rumor that they are going to start appointments for all visits, but that has not started, and do not think they know when it will start.
jglsqueen (05-18-2011)
Old 05-18-2011, 04:38 PM
I wish you enough

Default Visiting Appointments

Thanks for your reply DJ22. I was asking for a friend. I'm at Calipat and we have processing appts. and it's so much better now, that is if you can get an appt. I don't go unless I do get an appt. otherwise you still have to get there early to get a good number for when they start calling non-appts. around 10:30.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:14 AM
Loves of his life

Sorry.. double post!!

Last edited by malmhernandez; 05-19-2011 at 10:50 AM.. Reason: double post
Old 05-19-2011, 10:48 AM
Loves of his life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ22 View Post
Appointments are only for Ad Seg, or inmates that have behind glasss visits.
For normal visits you need to show up and get your number, then we all hurry up and wait. There is a rumor that they are going to start appointments for all visits, but that has not started, and do not think they know when it will start.
DJ22, Per KVSP Visiting Dept Officer Denning, there will be contact visiting appointments @ kvsp but there is no date yet set for this program, and when it does start up it will only be for A yard visits at first. They do plan on expanding it to apply to the whole prison, but they have yet to work on that. Knowing KVSP though, this will probably take forever and a day !! Visiting issues always seem to be low on kvsp's priority list so all we can do is wait . Wish they would start it up soon cuz it seems that at every other prison where they do have contact visiting appt, the visiting process seems to be much more of a pleasant experience. I will be emailing the visiting dept again today to try to get an update. I will let you all know what kind of a response I get. Hope this help !!
Old 05-23-2011, 08:35 PM
His Ride or Die

Default http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=520660

LT Denning told me yesterday that the new visiting program will go into effect June 4th for A yard, and by end of year the remainder of the yards will be on it.
You will need to make an appointment for your "number". Instead of lining up in the morning, they will assign your time to be processed. Anyone that doesnt have the appointment will not be processed until after 10:30am.
There are flyers posted in the visisting room
meximami707 (05-23-2011)
Old 05-23-2011, 10:26 PM

wtf? by number? that makes no sense? other prisons just go by time.
you request and be like i want an early app no later than 930 if possible .. hes in Y yard and hes a blah blah blah lol

fukken kern valley dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ22 View Post
LT Denning told me yesterday that the new visiting program will go into effect June 4th for A yard, and by end of year the remainder of the yards will be on it.
You will need to make an appointment for your "number". Instead of lining up in the morning, they will assign your time to be processed. Anyone that doesnt have the appointment will not be processed until after 10:30am.
There are flyers posted in the visisting room
Old 05-24-2011, 08:26 AM
Still loving my hubby...

Quote:
wtf? by number? that makes no sense? other prisons just go by time.
you request and be like i want an early app no later than 930 if possible .. hes in Y yard and hes a blah blah blah lol

fukken kern valley dude
Im pretty sure she meant by time. She put number in quotations to emphasize the old way which was by number. Please correct me if Im wrong thats how I understood it. As far as I know it you will be given an appointment time. Hope this helps!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ALWAYS HERE 4 M For This Useful Post:
meximami707 (05-24-2011), traviesita (05-24-2011)
Old 05-24-2011, 10:08 AM

hi..

well i hope so lol... I know thats how the other prisons do it and its soooo better. Too bad that its gonna be a disaster..

What I dont understand is ... whats gonna happen to the other yards? do we still have to a carline? Or ALL of us are gonna start getting in line @ 1030 since our yards dont have the system yet?

ITS GONNA BE A MESS DUDE! CAN YOU IMAGINE THIS "NEW" SYSTEM AND NEW C.O.'S?? OMG! WHATTA NIGHTMARE!

OK I'M DONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALWAYS HERE 4 M View Post
Im pretty sure she meant by time. She put number in quotations to emphasize the old way which was by number. Please correct me if Im wrong thats how I understood it. As far as I know it you will be given an appointment time. Hope this helps!
Old 05-24-2011, 10:19 AM

Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,071 Posts

I wonder if they will have a sign up sheet for the following week for visitors that are already there that weekend. That can relieve some of the phone calls and emails to the prison staff.. Just a thought...
The Following User Says Thank You to traviesita For This Useful Post:
ALWAYS HERE 4 M (05-24-2011)
Old 05-24-2011, 10:42 AM
Still loving my hubby...

Quote:
hi..

well i hope so lol... I know thats how the other prisons do it and its soooo better. Too bad that its gonna be a disaster..

What I dont understand is ... whats gonna happen to the other yards? do we still have to a carline? Or ALL of us are gonna start getting in line @ 1030 since our yards dont have the system yet?

ITS GONNA BE A MESS DUDE! CAN YOU IMAGINE THIS "NEW" SYSTEM AND NEW C.O.'S?? OMG! WHATTA NIGHTMARE!

OK I'M DONE
Wow..I dint even think about that. Its going to be a mess I'm sure. Maybe they will have seperate slips for appointments on A yard and the other yards. Hopefully!!

Old 05-24-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traviesita View Post
I wonder if they will have a sign up sheet for the following week for visitors that are already there that weekend. That can relieve some of the phone calls and emails to the prison staff.. Just a thought...
Though that sounds good in theory (I don't really have to worry about it until all the yards are on the system) but having a sign up sheet for those who are already visiting doesn't sound quite fair to those who aren't able to visit very often. If they are going to keep it where you can make appointments on certain days, that is the way it should be for everyone. I'm in an irritable mood...just ignore me.

I'm sure it is going to be a nightmare either way. They already have a hard enough time taking their thumbs out of their asses long enough to do their job. What are they going to do when they have one system for one yard and a different one for the rest?
Closed Thread