Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC) Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the California State Prison, located in Los Angeles County, California.

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 05:31 PM

C Yard in SNY . Is he in reception or on orientation? Reception is when they have moved from county to state and are waiting to be classified and then sent to a facility to do their time. Orientation is when they have already been classified and are just being transferred for some reason.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2012, 11:05 PM
missing you

Ok everyone- as a newbie to LAC I have another question: do you know the PO box for C-yard? I want to send him a stationary package as soon as possible! Thanks
Old 05-24-2012, 03:26 PM

My loved one is now here at Lancaster, I read this thread but I am not finding the information I need to know. He is in Facility A & ASU, I got his mailing info this morning. So does any one know what that Facility means? He is level IV from what he has said. And a lifer. PLEASE SOMEONE send me information I would appreciate any info!! Thank you God bless
Old 05-24-2012, 10:52 PM

I believe yard A is Ad Seg, isn't it? What this means is that he is in Administrative Segregation Unit (ASU), also knowns as "Ad Seg" also known "Seg" aka "the hole".

In short, he is under disciplinary sanction for either fighting with an inmate, or a guard, or for contraband (ex: finding a piece of metal in his cell, or a shank, or drugs, or anything he is not supposed to have in his cell) or even for being validated as a gang member.It could also be that he was put in Seg for his own protection (less common, but it does happen)

What that also means is that currently he cannot make phone calls, only has non contact visits (behind glass) and gets only a portion of Canteen the other inmates get, Also I think he gets no quaterly packages. My mwi did a lot of Ad Seg time (about 4.5 years worth) for fighting, so he filled me in with the details... Ad Seg is no fun, that's for sure. You get no yard, when you do go out you go to a dog run (cage) and you are mostly handcuffed anytime you are taken out of your cell. I'm sure glad my mwi has finally returned to gen pop this year, so he can have a bit more of a "life" (and contact visit and phones)

Did your loved one tell you he had been sent to Seg? And if so did he say why? He might be stuck there for a while, usually it is for several months at least, oftentimes longer (over a year).

Last edited by Jryder; 05-24-2012 at 10:54 PM..
Old 05-25-2012, 11:22 AM

Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,071 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xofreea1xo View Post
My loved one is now here at Lancaster, I read this thread but I am not finding the information I need to know. He is in Facility A & ASU, I got his mailing info this morning. So does any one know what that Facility means? He is level IV from what he has said. And a lifer. PLEASE SOMEONE send me information I would appreciate any info!! Thank you God bless
This can also mean that there is no bed space for him and until it comes available he will remain in adseg.. Or they yet to clear him for a yard.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:28 PM
missing you

I just found out same thing. He was moved there yesterday and when I called today they said they placed him in ad-seg cause they have no bed space. I am sick over this. He has not had a write up since 2007, model inmate getting out in 21 months and they are just jerking him around. This is unacceptable!!! Who do I contact??? Why did they even move him then!!?? I'm do angry
Old 05-25-2012, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiscrazylove View Post
I just found out same thing. He was moved there yesterday and when I called today they said they placed him in ad-seg cause they have no bed space. I am sick over this. He has not had a write up since 2007, model inmate getting out in 21 months and they are just jerking him around. This is unacceptable!!! Who do I contact??? Why did they even move him then!!?? I'm do angry
A lot of inmates are being moved right now, as part as the new CA program to reduce overpopulation. I would not be upset if i were you, cause whether in Ad Seg or orientation, I think it's the same living condition aka: kinda like lock down (no program, such as yard time or phone calls or visitation) and pretty much 24/7 in cell. My mwi is not currently housed in Ad Seg, he is in B but I hear it is the same regimen there. As long as your man is not in Ad Seg because of infraction, he is fine. My mwi was in Ad Seg overflow for over a year prior to being moved down to Lancaster. But he has gen pop status (even though housed in Ad Seg overflow)... So don't stress, everything is OK. Bottom line, I think Lancaster is a much better facility than many other, so a move there is probably a goood thing, and worth sitting in Ad Seg building for. My mwi was told they could not take him cause the prison was FULL. He was very disapointed. By a miracle of God they decided to transfer him in the end... A spot must have opened up. I have not heard from him yet since his transfer last week... I sent him paper and stamped envelope Monday, hopefully I get a letter from him soon
The Following User Says Thank You to Jryder For This Useful Post:
Heluvedme1st (06-12-2012)
Old 05-26-2012, 09:16 AM
missing you

Thank you- you actually made me feel a bit better- any idea on how long he may stay there? Will they treat him the same as someone in trouble in ad- seg?
Old 05-26-2012, 10:07 PM

I was wondering if this facility had Family visits? Thank you.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jryder
I believe yard A is Ad Seg, isn't it? What this means is that he is in Administrative Segregation Unit (ASU), also knowns as "Ad Seg" also known "Seg" aka "the hole".

In short, he is under disciplinary sanction for either fighting with an inmate, or a guard, or for contraband (ex: finding a piece of metal in his cell, or a shank, or drugs, or anything he is not supposed to have in his cell) or even for being validated as a gang member.It could also be that he was put in Seg for his own protection (less common, but it does happen)

What that also means is that currently he cannot make phone calls, only has non contact visits (behind glass) and gets only a portion of Canteen the other inmates get, Also I think he gets no quaterly packages. My mwi did a lot of Ad Seg time (about 4.5 years worth) for fighting, so he filled me in with the details... Ad Seg is no fun, that's for sure. You get no yard, when you do go out you go to a dog run (cage) and you are mostly handcuffed anytime you are taken out of your cell. I'm sure glad my mwi has finally returned to gen pop this year, so he can have a bit more of a "life" (and contact visit and phones)

Did your loved one tell you he had been sent to Seg? And if so did he say why? He might be stuck there for a while, usually it is for several months at least, oftentimes longer (over a year).
Wow thank u for all that info. He should be in general population. He has not gotten in trouble so it doesnt make since, he dis tell me they were going to put him in the hole. Co's told him that before he got transfered there. there is no reason to it. how long is ur mwi doing time? do u know what each letter theyre housed means?
Old 05-29-2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xofreea1xo View Post
Wow thank u for all that info. He should be in general population. He has not gotten in trouble so it doesnt make since, he dis tell me they were going to put him in the hole. Co's told him that before he got transfered there. there is no reason to it. how long is ur mwi doing time? do u know what each letter theyre housed means?
if you look up the prison's website they cover the yards: Each yard is given a letter to identify it (for mail etc). Looks like there are 4 yards at LAC - I believe that

Yard A is Ad Seg
Yard B is Level IV (maximum security)
Yard C seems to be Sensitive Needs inmates (child molesters, validated gang members who debriefed, transexuals, gays and any inmate who is at risk of being attacked / killed) and some other inmates that have special "protection" needs.
Yard D... Not sure, but I guess the low security risk inmates? I'm just guessing here so don't quote me on this LOL...

If your man is level IV, I don't think his environment is going to be much different whether he is in yard B (max sec yard) or yard A (Ad Seg yard). Pretty much both usually have two tiers, solid doors, narrow windows, double racks I think they look fairly identical... So I don't think his quality of life will suffer from being housed in yard A. I would think that if he is not there for an infraction (violence etc) they should not feel the need to handcuff him and shackle him every time he gets out of his cell... of course I am no expert, but it seems it would be extra work for them and not needed... So don't worry.

It is also my understanding that while in Orientation he will be locked up 24/7 - no program such as rec time outside or phone calls. OS they won't be taking him out of his cell much, if at all. It's kinda like being on LOCK DOWN.

I do believe however you can visit him (glass, non contact visit).

On my end I am mailing my visitor's application tomorrow so this way if my mwi is stuck in Orientation for longer than 2 to 4 weeks (which is how long it will take them to approve me), I can go visit him... Surprise him ...

I would be very happy with even a one hour glass visit, since we have never been able to visit to date... So this will be our first time .

My mwi is serving an 18 year sentence and is 12 years into it. A stiff sentence for a crime that did not really include violence, nor drug dealing. I feel his pain. They crucified him . This was his first felony, too. He was 18.

He has been at Lancaster since 05/17 and I have not heard a word from him yet. This silence is hard to bear, but we must be strong, right? I am sending him letters every other day, enclosing everything he needs to reply (except for pen) and sent some money on his books today so he can get on his feet at the new place. I think I should get a letter from him by early next week... If I can last that long, I will probably die of mwi withdrawal before then LOL.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfredsbaby View Post
I was wondering if this facility had Family visits? Thank you.
From what I read on here, they do, but you have to be a legal spouse or child. Guess I'm SOL.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jryder For This Useful Post:
alfredsbaby (05-30-2012)
Old 05-29-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiscrazylove View Post
Ok everyone- as a newbie to LAC I have another question: do you know the PO box for C-yard? I want to send him a stationary package as soon as possible! Thanks
Call records at Main Number - (661) 729-2000 then get operator and ask for records and given them your husband's inmate number and they will give you his cell number and full mailing address. That's what I did. If you dont put the correct cell number his mail may be delayed - by up to 2 to 3 weeks sometimes). Best to call first and find out for sure where he is.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:36 PM
missing you

Well I got a letter today- he got there last Thursday. He said he's in hole until bed comes available but there are 15 other guys waiting for the same thing. He said no tv, radio, or his stuff- he can just read or write. Some guy gave him a piece of paper and envelope. I sent stuff last week so hopefully it gets to him quick. Sounds awful- hopefully he's out within 10 days. But then he will have to do orientation on his yard. I don't care as long as he's not sitting in the hole- and he at least has his tv and radio.
Thanks for the responses ladies!
Old 05-29-2012, 11:30 PM

Well the longest my mwi spent in the hole in one continuous time was 20 months. And it didn't kill him, so don't worry your honey will be just fine. The cells look identical. I guess my guy got lucky cause he found a bed in Yard B right away, he arrived a week or so earlier than your man. He is still in orientation though as far as I know and probably has not got his personal stuff yet (sigh)
Old 05-30-2012, 07:18 AM

Hello ladies, do any of you know if we have to reapply for Family Visits? We have been approved for them from the previous facility... Also if any of you know how the Family Visits are at this institution, how many days do you have to wait for scheduling? Also what are the apartments like? Do you order from a menu or can you purchase food yourself... any info will help.. my husband may be transferred there pretty soon...thank you!!
Old 05-30-2012, 06:41 PM

Sadly I don't get family visits..but you can call the visiting Sgt and ask. I always have luck reaching him on ext 5406.
The Following User Says Thank You to calicat25 For This Useful Post:
alfredsbaby (05-31-2012)
Old 07-01-2012, 12:55 PM
SHAWN'S WIFEY

Question Newbee :)

I am new to this lol. so my fiance is on his way to LAC he stopped in Tracy for a few weeks he was in Ione i have a few questions....I was approved to visit him when he was in Ione do i have to re apply to go see him in tracy? when he gets to LAC we are wanting to get married how long does it take to get approved when after that can we marry? I am relocating to LAC from Oroville Ca so i can be close to him with my 7 yo son anyone know any rooms for rent that dont judge being engaged to a prisoner? So many questions sorry please help LOL
Old 08-11-2012, 07:26 AM

Sorry that no one so far has been able to help you with your questions... If your man is only in Tracy fir a few weeks it may not be worth it to apply sibce it takes a good 4 to 5 weeks from the monent he mails the signed form.

Now about LAC, it took 4 weeks to get approved as a visitor and visits are extremely CROWDED, expect very long waits and very short visits . In fact I am waiting in libe in front of LAC as we speak!

As far as mariage goes, i hear thru the grapevine it takes only 4 weeks or so to get approved and I am in the process of doing a bit more research on this whole mariage and family visit topic. Once I have some answers I'll post them here. Please do the same if you find out first .
Old 08-11-2012, 08:42 AM

Ok, I just talked to one of the officers here, since i am at LAC right now. This is the scoop. Couselor has to start the process, upon request from inmate. You then have to fill forms, submit misc paperwork and mail it in. It then has to be approved, takes 4 weeks up to maybe 6 or so currently. The wedding date is set by prison in conjunction with minister. May be a bit of a wait, maybe a month or two. Once married you can schedule family visits every 30 days ! Tuesday thru fri, i was told and they last two nights . Sonarrival tuesday afternoon means departure thursday morning.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:19 AM

Hello. Can someone give me some information on the dress code? Not sure what I can and can't wear ... New to this
Old 08-15-2012, 04:25 PM

Thanked 2,971 Times in 1,905 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnlarry12 View Post
hello. Can someone give me some information on the dress code? Not sure what i can and can't wear ... New to this

hello and welcome to lancaster the dress code her is pretty laided back you can wear layers meaning two shirts. No blue, you can wear gray pants but not with a white top. No all white shirts. You can wear dresses but the straps have to the the width of your id. If everything else fail just wear black then you can get the feel of what others have on. And no shower shoes

Old 08-16-2012, 09:48 PM

Dresses ans skirt can't be higher than 2 inches above the knee, this they are ver strict about. Also u can have pretty low cut but straps of dress or to have to be at least 2 inches wide. I did have a turquoise solid blue pencil skirt on last Sun and it made it thru. I have wore yellow, black, lavender, tons of different colors but they had patterns to them, such as flowers, polka dots, etc.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:43 PM

hello ladies I need some help on this. Okay my babe was transferred from San Quentin Reception to Corcoran today. And I've just now called Corcoran records and gave the lady my babe's CDC# and she seeing that he's been transferred from Corcoran to Lancaster. Also I've told her that my babe was transferred from San Quentin to Corcoran, and she said that he must of stopped at Corcoran then went here (Lancaster), but when I've checked the inmate locator it shows that he's at Corcoran. So I'm stuck at this point so should i just keep checking the inmate locator or should i just wait till my babe writes me. Thanks.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie_Wifey View Post
hello ladies I need some help on this. Okay my babe was transferred from San Quentin Reception to Corcoran today. And I've just now called Corcoran records and gave the lady my babe's CDC# and she seeing that he's been transferred from Corcoran to Lancaster. Also I've told her that my babe was transferred from San Quentin to Corcoran, and she said that he must of stopped at Corcoran then went here (Lancaster), but when I've checked the inmate locator it shows that he's at Corcoran. So I'm stuck at this point so should i just keep checking the inmate locator or should i just wait till my babe writes me. Thanks.
the locator takes a week or so to update
The Following User Says Thank You to 02131976 For This Useful Post:
Bobbie_Wifey (08-23-2012)
Closed Thread