Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Centinela State Prison (CEN) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centinela State Prison (CEN) - California Topic and discussion specific to Centinela State Prison in Imperial, California.

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 09:51 AM
5'3 High And Rising

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,642 Times in 2,921 Posts
Default ~~Summer 2012 Chit Chat Thread~~

This is for June, and all the summers it brings

for the chiming of the church bells... that sing

In songs of matrimony o'er top hats and lace

'Fore June passes torch, to July's scarlet face

July 4th is a day for barbeques

Underneath an unforgiving sun;

Later, fireworks, perhaps the news,

Yawns, some love, and then the day is done.

For most it is a day for celebration

Of something so familiar that its grace

August Breathes hot tiger-breath on my burning skin and stalks me to the icy river where I plunge right in.

Welcome To Your Summer Chit Chat Thread!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2012, 02:06 AM
TruLuvStoryNeverEnds

Summer Breeze, Makes Me Feel Fine...
Hey Ladies of CEN how are ya? Remember to stay hydrated, never thirsty!
Hoping everyones visits are as comfy as possible. Keep in mind, everyones human so be kinder regardless of how hot it gets.
o and Beloved i think u misunderstood my last post lol, hes not back, he never left...i was the one to almost walk away from it all buuuut im back And the best way to be back is to be here in a comfort zone where i know i can get the support i need if necessary.
Well ladies, Check-In, Lets keep it Active around here!
C/R BrownRoyalty
Old 06-08-2012, 03:38 PM
TruLuvStoryNeverEnds

Hello~
Im sure most of yous are getting things ready for visit this weekend. Travel Safe Ladies. Enjoy yur Weekend ...Ill be sippin on a lil something, Salud
Old 06-09-2012, 08:02 PM

Default Desperate

I have not heard from my boyfriend in over 2 weeks. i always get 3 letters a week from him like clock work. i dont know what to do. if anyone knows anyone in the centinela state prison especially d yard. please pm me if you have heard anything. of course i fear the worst. please please please help me. My heart is breaking.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogerbutt View Post
I have not heard from my boyfriend in over 2 weeks. i always get 3 letters a week from him like clock work. i dont know what to do. if anyone knows anyone in the centinela state prison especially d yard. please pm me if you have heard anything. of course i fear the worst. please please please help me. My heart is breaking.
Thats in imperial, ca
Old 06-10-2012, 06:43 PM
True Love Waits

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogerbutt View Post
Thats in imperial, ca
I have not heard anything about D yard being down.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:47 PM
Love Dont Run<3

Have you called the prison?
Maybe he's out of stamps/envelopes.

I was freakin out after not having mail for over 10 days and found out it was because he didn't have ANY envelopes or stamps. I hadn't put any money in his account until this Thursday. Definitely sending a bunch tomorrow.

So on fire & so in love that look in your eyes that I miss so much - remind me, baby, remind me.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:36 PM

also sometimes they might send a letter but it never gets sent that happened a few weeks ago with my boyfriend and i
Old 06-11-2012, 05:06 PM

I called records and all they would tell me is he isnt dead. nice huh? no mail again today. today makes 17 days no word. he is well taken care of and should have stamps. he has a really bad temper and frequentz the hole. but he always sends word right away when he goes there. plus he is still on c status. i dont know what is going on. maybe i am getting dumped and dont realize it.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:08 PM

Oh yea i forgot...i sent him a book of stamps two weeks ago.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:55 PM
TruLuvStoryNeverEnds

Its Almost the Weekend Again. Just wantd to touch basis with u ladies of CEN! Hello, How Are Ya, What It Is, What It Was....Something?
Well Continue to Take Care
C/R Brown Royalty
Old 07-16-2012, 01:13 PM
TriCky'sWif33

hello everyone...i have questions..?? when do our men have their studio photos taken again??
Old 07-19-2012, 07:05 PM
True Love Waits

:blush :: wow:

Hey Ladies!

I guess that sums up how I feel! Going out to spend both days w/my hubby for our 2nd Anniversary, which is on the 24th! Got my hair & nails done, & packed a few essential things & I am ready to go!!
It has not always been easy, but it has always been worth it! I have a good Man & I know it

For the other couples that got married on that same day, I am sending u best wishes as well!

:c lap::cup id2::kis s:
Old 07-20-2012, 11:37 AM

Smile Happy Anniversary!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beloved01 View Post
:blush :: wow:

Hey Ladies!

I guess that sums up how I feel! Going out to spend both days w/my hubby for our 2nd Anniversary, which is on the 24th! Got my hair & nails done, & packed a few essential things & I am ready to go!!
It has not always been easy, but it has always been worth it! I have a good Man & I know it

For the other couples that got married on that same day, I am sending u best wishes as well!

:c lap::cup id2::kis s:

Happy Anniversary......I can't believe it's been 2 years already....time is really flying by. I know you will enjoy!!!!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 100%Hiz For This Useful Post:
Beloved01 (07-20-2012), lydiahansen (07-29-2012)
Old 07-20-2012, 02:36 PM

Default Ladies that have their men/loved one at centinela

My bf and I write often to each other but it's been about 3 weeks since I've heard from him I'm worried because I don't know what could be going on.. The last letter I received from him he told me he had been taking a while to reply because he was running low on envelopes and stamps..so later that week I sent him some prepaid envelopes and writing paper... But still I haven't received anything from him so I don't know if he received it :/ soo I was wondering if any of you ladies that talk to your men on the phone can have him give a message to my bf? If it's not too much trouble.. I'm just really worried and sad that i haven't heard from him..unfortunately we don't talk on the phone so letters are all we have for now :/ if one of you think you can, please PM me.. If it's any help he's in Facility D Building 3.. Thank you!
Old 07-20-2012, 03:57 PM

Hi. I can only imagine how you are feeling. My Love is in A yard so I doubt he can help but I will ask him anyways. I really hope everything is ok.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:23 PM
True Love Waits

Hello Ladies!

That is NOT ANGER, but rather the HEAT INDEX for this Weekend in El Centro! Sat. was around 113 degrees & when I got out of my car in the parking lot, I couldn't see anything BECause my Sunglasses fogged over & I was totally unable to see anything!
The humidity was unBEARABle! I stayed over & at 9pm when I went back to my room, it was a cooler 105! Today when I walked out the room for breakfast at about 8:30 it was already 94, & ever though it was 109 @ 3pm-----the humidity was not as bad!
If you stay over, check out the Imperial Valley Mall! I was impressed, very upscale!!!!! Loved the shoes @ Dillards!!
Also, I stayed @ the Vacation Inn again. NEVER AGAIN! I have stayed there many times b4, but This time, the blankets were so filthy, w/ dead bugs in it! Some were live, but these were not the bed bugs we hear about, but some small hard shelled beetle of some sort! Disgusting!
Anyone know anything about the Marriott or Fairfield??
I visit in A-Yard & Sat was rather busy, but today, Sunday---only about 12 visits were going on & I think all the other yards were down as well.
Well, other than that, it was a great Anniversary Week-End!

Last edited by Beloved01; 07-22-2012 at 09:25 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beloved01 For This Useful Post:
lydiahansen (07-29-2012), TrooperLove (07-25-2012)
Old 07-22-2012, 11:42 PM
Banned

Beloved01... I feel you on the heat. As far as the hotel I don't do the Vacation Inn. Did it once and it is not me. I stay at the Holiday Inn or the Marriott. They are both really nice and I feel very comfortable at both. Marriott is nicer as far as the lobby is much cooler (air temp) oh and they have a better breakfast than Holiday Inn. I like them both.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:35 PM

Beloved when I stay over I always stay at either of the Marriott hotels. I don't know what your budget is but the cost is about a $100 if you have AAA. I am a reward member with Marriott so sometimes they have promotions and you can get a free stay. They are category 1 but still nice. The TownPlace has a kitchenette so it tends to be a tad bit more than the Fairfield. They are both owned by Marriott. The location is great for entertaining as well as getting to the prison. I'm sure you will like it. The pics on their website are accurate to what my experience has been.
The Following User Says Thank You to 100%Hiz For This Useful Post:
Beloved01 (07-25-2012)
Old 07-25-2012, 08:45 PM
True Love Waits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever&aDay View Post
Beloved when I stay over I always stay at either of the Marriott hotels. I don't know what your budget is but the cost is about a $100 if you have AAA. I am a reward member with Marriott so sometimes they have promotions and you can get a free stay. They are category 1 but still nice. The TownPlace has a kitchenette so it tends to be a tad bit more than the Fairfield. They are both owned by Marriott. The location is great for entertaining as well as getting to the prison. I'm sure you will like it. The pics on their website are accurate to what my experience has been.
Thanks for the info! I found them when I went to the Mall, & one of the Co's said him & his wife stayed there as well & it was ok. It's not that much further from the prison either! Thanks again for the info & I hope all is well w/you!
Old 07-27-2012, 10:41 PM

Question AdSeg: What now??

I have never started a thread so forgive me if I did this wrong. I need some help. I just got a letter that my husband is in adseg. I know nothing about what is allowed and what I should expect. He says he has nothing so I'm going to send a care package tomorrow. May I send pages from a word search for him? Where do I order magazines for him to read? I'm in shock, angry, hurt and relieved all at the same time. I have a serious headache and I just don't know what to do. It's times like this I try so hard not to fall apart when I really want to. The situation is so serious right now I can't even think straight. I'm sure there is so much more I need to ask but I can't gather my thoughts. Whatever advice, suggestions, info, etc. is welcomed and appreciated. THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE PT!!!!!
Old 07-28-2012, 08:30 AM
True Love Waits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever&aDay View Post
I have never started a thread so forgive me if I did this wrong. I need some help. I just got a letter that my husband is in adseg. I know nothing about what is allowed and what I should expect. He says he has nothing so I'm going to send a care package tomorrow. May I send pages from a word search for him? Where do I order magazines for him to read? I'm in shock, angry, hurt and relieved all at the same time. I have a serious headache and I just don't know what to do. It's times like this I try so hard not to fall apart when I really want to. The situation is so serious right now I can't even think straight. I'm sure there is so much more I need to ask but I can't gather my thoughts. Whatever advice, suggestions, info, etc. is welcomed and appreciated. THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE PT!!!!!
Forever&aday, I feel ur pain. So sorry to hear this
You can send him paper, envelopes & stamps. You can order books, or magazines from any approved vendor such as Amazon. Yes, u can tear out word searches & send them. Unfortunately, I don't think the mail moves any faster in Ad Seg, than in the rest of the prison. Just took 2 weeks for my husband to get his anniversary cards. U can call anytime (not just 10-2) to make an appt. to visit. Visits are of course, behind the glass & are for either an hour or 90 mins, don't remember exactly. I just remember that the co's didn't give u any slack as far as extending that time. If u need to talk a little more about this u know how to get in touch! Try & stay calm; he is a big boy & he will handle this. Just Breath............
Old 07-28-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beloved01 View Post
Forever&aday, I feel ur pain. So sorry to hear this
You can send him paper, envelopes & stamps. You can order books, or magazines from any approved vendor such as Amazon. Yes, u can tear out word searches & send them. Unfortunately, I don't think the mail moves any faster in Ad Seg, than in the rest of the prison. Just took 2 weeks for my husband to get his anniversary cards. U can call anytime (not just 10-2) to make an appt. to visit. Visits are of course, behind the glass & are for either an hour or 90 mins, don't remember exactly. I just remember that the co's didn't give u any slack as far as extending that time. If u need to talk a little more about this u know how to get in touch! Try & stay calm; he is a big boy & he will handle this. Just Breath............
THANK YOU!!!!!!!! I'm a bit calmer (just a tiny bit though) now that I have had a chance to write him. I know he is extremely angry which is adding to my emotion. The confusion of not knowing what to do isn't helping. Since I couldn't sleep, I tried seeking out the information I needed but nothing seemed clear but then I'm sure clarity is being obscured by this foggy sense of shock and hurt surrounding me. I will definitely take you up on the talk later. You are right about him being a big boy but if you only knew.....Sheez!
The Following User Says Thank You to 100%Hiz For This Useful Post:
Beloved01 (07-28-2012)
Old 07-28-2012, 09:17 PM
D&B forever

Hey ladies!
Went to go see my husband today and I just love him even more very time I see him :-) <3
Anyways, we were wondering about restitution, his is a joint and severable one. He has to pay it off with 2 other guys.
How can we figure out how much the balance is now? Cuz we can get how much he paid himself but what about the other guys?
Also, what happens when he gets off parole? Does he have to pay for it or is he forced? Like... how does that work lol

Old 07-29-2012, 11:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinghim777 View Post
Hey ladies!
Went to go see my husband today and I just love him even more very time I see him :-) <3
Anyways, we were wondering about restitution, his is a joint and severable one. He has to pay it off with 2 other guys.
How can we figure out how much the balance is now? Cuz we can get how much he paid himself but what about the other guys?
Also, what happens when he gets off parole? Does he have to pay for it or is he forced? Like... how does that work lol

He can get a printout from hiss counselor which would say what the balance is. It will not give a break down on who paid what and he will continue to have to pay until the fine is paid off so he may end up paying more than the other guys if they havent been paying. Even when he is off parole he will still be required to pay but once he is out he can set up a monthly payments.
Closed Thread