Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the Kern Valley State Prison located in Delano, California.

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 11:27 AM
5'3 High And Rising

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,642 Times in 2,921 Posts
Default ~~Fall 2012 Chit Chat Thread~~

Fall

The sun cools
Clouds come out
Know that summer's just a doubt
Leaves changing
And falling down
Flip-flops stored, sweaters abound
Step outside and FREEZE
at that biting breeze
Jack o'lanterns light the streets
Children's laughter from piles of leaves
You already know that fall is here

Welcome To Your Fall Chit Chat Thread!!!

Old 09-04-2012, 09:29 AM

Good Morning! Happy September everyone! Hope everyone had great visits this weekend, I know I did. =D
Old 09-04-2012, 12:51 PM

Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,071 Posts

Had a great visit with my hubby! And from I can tell visiting was pretty smooth.. Thank goodness this is a short week for me cause I want the weekend here already again. lol...
Old 09-04-2012, 04:10 PM

Thank you jenilynn for the IFC Minutes! I just want to this pio name out

Jeff smith... Sooo when we have complaints, complain ladies. This is out of the horses mouth...

I know not much was brought up or accomplished but I'll take this mans number. Thank you very mucho!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to traviesita For This Useful Post:
HisLightShines (09-04-2012), ViVstaR (09-07-2012)
Old 09-05-2012, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traviesita View Post
Thank you jenilynn for the IFC Minutes! I just want to this pio name out

Jeff smith... Sooo when we have complaints, complain ladies. This is out of the horses mouth...

I know not much was brought up or accomplished but I'll take this mans number. Thank you very mucho!
You're welcome! I hope it helps.

Ladies please bring your complaints to light so we can get somewhere with the warden. A BIG thing with IFC or trying to deal with any problem in prison is to provide a SOLUTION when addressing a PROBLEM. Try and suggest some way to correct the situation instead of just complaining. =)

Some things that I want/will be addressing is the food vendor (lowering prices, having FRESH options... maybe even getting something like RJD has where they can order pizza or fries) Porters to clean the bathrooms more frequently and provide soap, And maybe look into trying to fundraise to get new games and colouring books for the kids or try and encourage more people to donate to their yard. I heard that you do not need to bring something for every yard now to donate... So I know I will be bringing things for C yard to use next time I am down. Another thing is that the prison provides batteries for pictures... We pay $2 per picture they should AT LEAST buy the batteries instead of asking the inmates to bring their personal batteries to visiting.

Okay ladies, I really hate to bring this to light but we ALL SHARE THE BATHROOM! Keep it clean... dont toss your paper towel or seat covers on the ground! Why are they going to provide us with supplies if we are going to act like pigs and throw everything around? Respect is the key.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jenilynn For This Useful Post:
cujo0626 (09-05-2012), hiscoqui (09-05-2012), HisLightShines (09-05-2012), Mrs.Duarte23 (09-07-2012), traviesita (09-05-2012), ViVstaR (09-06-2012)
Old 09-05-2012, 10:12 AM
~My Penguin*His Coqui~

Thanked 1,074 Times in 372 Posts

9 more days and a wake up to see my love!! hope your all having a great week, down day today booo dont get to hear my Penguin.

Did you know that when a penguin finds its mate they stay together for the rest of their lives? I found my Penguin

Old 09-05-2012, 12:00 PM

Default phone calls

I can't believe that every time my son calls me, he has to repeat everything he says twice, is their someone to complain to, after all we pay for these calls! So irked!
Old 09-07-2012, 12:25 AM

I'm going to have to agree with you about the restrooms!! My bf got transfered to another prison.... when I went to the restroom in the processing room it was so filthy nothing compared to the last prison! Such a shame
[QUOTE=jenilynn;6931878]You're welcome! I hope it helps.

Ladies please bring your complaints to light so we can get somewhere with the warden. A BIG thing with IFC or trying to deal with any problem in prison is to provide a SOLUTION when addressing a PROBLEM. Try and suggest some way to correct the situation instead of just complaining. =)

Some things that I want/will be addressing is the food vendor (lowering prices, having FRESH options... maybe even getting something like RJD has where they can order pizza or fries) Porters to clean the bathrooms more frequently and provide soap, And maybe look into trying to fundraise to get new games and colouring books for the kids or try and encourage more people to donate to their yard. I heard that you do not need to bring something for every yard now to donate... So I know I will be bringing things for C yard to use next time I am down. Another thing is that the prison provides batteries for pictures... We pay $2 per picture they should AT LEAST buy the batteries instead of asking the inmates to bring their personal batteries to visiting.

Okay ladies, I really hate to bring this to light but we ALL SHARE THE BATHROOM! Keep it clean... dont toss your paper towel or seat covers on the ground! Why are they going to provide us with supplies if we are going to act like pigs and throw everything around? Respect is the key.[/quote]
Old 09-12-2012, 07:15 AM

Good Morning ladies! I hope everyone has a great day.

For those ladies visiting this weekend you are half way there! For those who get mail and calls I hope everyone receive lots. I know I can't wait to talk to my husband tonight. =D

Let's make this a positive week
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jenilynn For This Useful Post:
cujo0626 (09-12-2012), hiscoqui (09-12-2012), traviesita (09-12-2012)
Old 09-12-2012, 09:20 AM
~My Penguin*His Coqui~

Thanks Im going to see my love this weekend cant wait, even though im sharing the visits again with his family but its ok, as long as im with him. Have a good weekend yourself, i see you got married already since you said husband CONGRATS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenilynn View Post
Good Morning ladies! I hope everyone has a great day.

For those ladies visiting this weekend you are half way there! For those who get mail and calls I hope everyone receive lots. I know I can't wait to talk to my husband tonight. =D

Let's make this a positive week

Did you know that when a penguin finds its mate they stay together for the rest of their lives? I found my Penguin

Old 09-12-2012, 01:54 PM

I'll be one of those visiting! Thanks! Cant wait to see that man..
The Following User Says Thank You to traviesita For This Useful Post:
jenilynn (09-13-2012)
Old 09-12-2012, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiscoqui View Post
Thanks Im going to see my love this weekend cant wait, even though im sharing the visits again with his family but its ok, as long as im with him. Have a good weekend yourself, i see you got married already since you said husband CONGRATS!!!
Thank you! Yes I did. We had a wonderful wedding! We got to take lots of pics and we had a good C/O that day that didn't trip on my dress The best part was exchanging vows; I liked they were traditional. I don't think I could be happier.

Hope you have a great weekend, I know it must be tough visiting with his fam, but your righ the thing that matters most is that you are with him.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Thank you! Yes I did. We had a wonderful wedding! We got to take lots of pics and we had a good C/O that day that didn't trip on my dress The best part was exchanging vows; I liked they were traditional. I don't think I could be happier.

Hope you have a great weekend, I know it must be tough visiting with his fam, but your righ the thing that matters most is that you are with him.

OMG CONGRATS!!! Thats so awesome! I'm waiting on the call from the coordinator on my date and I'm already nervous! lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to trueblue310 For This Useful Post:
jenilynn (09-18-2012)
Old 09-12-2012, 10:45 PM
~My Penguin*His Coqui~

Yea I seen your dress and the cute accessories on ur hair and bracelet you looked great... Awww wish u both the best

Our visits aren't bad when his fam are there cause they're
my family too, and he wants them and his nephews to get used to seeing us together. The hard part is leaving and then realizing we didn't get alone time then were both miserable waiting another month booo I'm glad he's done with this program but the whole transfer takes forever we all know that!!

Quote:

Old 09-13-2012, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiscoqui View Post
Yea I seen your dress and the cute accessories on ur hair and bracelet you looked great... Awww wish u both the best

Our visits aren't bad when his fam are there cause they're
my family too, and he wants them and his nephews to get used to seeing us together. The hard part is leaving and then realizing we didn't get alone time then were both miserable waiting another month booo I'm glad he's done with this program but the whole transfer takes forever we all know that!!
Thank you very much =)

Awwe! That's good you have a positive outlook at sharing visits; I had my first shared one and while it went very well it was exhausting.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue310 View Post
OMG CONGRATS!!! Thats so awesome! I'm waiting on the call from the coordinator on my date and I'm already nervous! lol.
Make sure you buy lots of photo ducats! =D It's such an excited time. Congrats.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:49 AM

congrats Jen on your wedding! That is awesome! I'll never be able to forget mines... It was a shot gun wedding. lol.. Neither one of us knew we where getting married that day. But I wouldn't change it for the world it was perfect for us.
The Following User Says Thank You to traviesita For This Useful Post:
jenilynn (09-18-2012)
Old 09-13-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Make sure you buy lots of photo ducats! =D It's such an excited time. Congrats.
I'll be sure to remember that!!

So did they give you the option to write your own vows or you only do the traditional ones?
Old 09-14-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
You're welcome! I hope it helps.

Okay so I was thinking of this. I wonder if we can start a petition and send it to the place in Sacrament that is over the vendors? Since the prison has no control of the prices. I know the visitors done this in other prisons and did get them to atleast get the prices lowered. I know someone said that he lowered the prices only for a minute..

This is a thought... Since its already been said the prison has no control and sent us to Sacramento.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:40 PM
* sTiLl BeAtInG *

My friend went to her first visit today at KVSP and she wants to go again tomorrow but she doesn't have an appointment. Her man is on A yard. Can she just show up to visit and still get in?? My man is in Fire Camp so visiting for me is way different so I can't help answer her questions.

Thank you for any and all suggestions.

CrownTown
She just has to find someone who cares enough to read them...

Old 09-15-2012, 10:57 PM
Love Mi Guerito! 02/08/10

Yes she can try to attempt to get in 2mrw. She has to be there supper early tho so she can sign up. Somewhere between 745-830?
I' personally never gone with out an appointment but many have and do get in and are processed after 1030- like around 11? But still go early because the line does get big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownTown
My friend went to her first visit today at KVSP and she wants to go again tomorrow but she doesn't have an appointment. Her man is on A yard. Can she just show up to visit and still get in?? My man is in Fire Camp so visiting for me is way different so I can't help answer her questions.

Thank you for any and all suggestions.

CrownTown
.Love Is Never Easy and Distance Doesn’t Make It Any Easier; by Any Means but, It Does Make You Realize What You Want, What You Need and Most Importantly Realizing That One Person You Don't Mind Missing, Because Its the One Person You Cant Live Without.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:36 PM
* sTiLl BeAtInG *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternity<3 TQM! View Post
Yes she can try to attempt to get in 2mrw. She has to be there supper early tho so she can sign up. Somewhere between 745-830?
I' personally never gone with out an appointment but many have and do get in and are processed after 1030- like around 11? But still go early because the line does get big.
Thank you for responding. She left her house at 3:00 this morning and got to KSVP by 6:00....She was a bit on the excited side...LOL So if she goes and doesn't have an appointment they won't process her in until AFTER 11:00?? So, she would only get, like, a three hour visit?? Kind of not worth it if you ask me but I will pass this along to her in case she wants to go.

Thank you again,

CrownTown
She just has to find someone who cares enough to read them...

Old 09-18-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traviesita View Post
Okay so I was thinking of this. I wonder if we can start a petition and send it to the place in Sacrament that is over the vendors? Since the prison has no control of the prices. I know the visitors done this in other prisons and did get them to atleast get the prices lowered. I know someone said that he lowered the prices only for a minute..

This is a thought... Since its already been said the prison has no control and sent us to Sacramento.
I think this is a great idea!! I am going to pm you.
The Following User Says Thank You to jenilynn For This Useful Post:
traviesita (09-19-2012)
Old 09-27-2012, 07:13 PM

I've heard a rumor that a part of A yard will be turned into a level 4 SNY. Has anyone else heard this or could find out?
Old 10-01-2012, 10:22 AM
Cujo0626

I have a question for you lady's that are very luck and have family visits, I don't have family visits but my baby was telling me this weekend that some of the guys that do have Family visits are being told that because of budget cuts they may not be getting there visits. I don't know to what point it's a right or a privilege and or if we can do anything about it. Some of the guys said that even if the visiter paid a fee or something like that so they don't loose there visits. You know the guys brainstorming so they don't loose their family visit. I told him how the emailing that everyone did to the Ombudsman Sonya Valle got visits back to normal. So again not sure to what point we can do anything but I thought I through it out there to see what can be done
The Following User Says Thank You to cujo0626 For This Useful Post:
HisLightShines (10-01-2012)
Closed Thread