Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MASSACHUSETTS > Massachusetts Parole, Probation, Halfway House and Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Massachusetts Parole, Probation, Halfway House and Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway house, community service in Massachusetts should be posted here.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:44 PM

Default I'm on parole, is husband allowed to have alcohol in the house?

I am a parolee, been out 6 years now. I am recently married and my husband wants to know if he is allowed to have alcohol in the house. He understands that I am not allowed to be in possession of alcohol and that I cannot drink. He doesn't want to go out to drink but wants to do so at home. Is this allowed? Normally, I would ask my PO as he is pretty decent but I am trying to avoid the appearance that I am looking to drink.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2017, 07:34 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,046 Times in 16,166 Posts

No....even having a beer in fridge is enough to violate YOU. And trust me, the PO can look in your fridge whenever s/he wants to, and they surely will if they come by your house and he's drinking / drunk.

Welcome to PTO

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (06-16-2017)
Old 06-16-2017, 09:44 AM
attorney

Thanked 21,776 Times in 7,602 Posts

the cautious person would look at the rule this way - if you have the ability to get at the alcohol, you can be viewed to be in constructive possession. If you're in constructive possession, you are in possession and can be violated. Talk with your PO about this and how to handle your LO's desire to have a drink at home. S/He may have a suggestion that would fit the needs of your LO and your parole, or a way to talk about it with your LO so that he doesn't come wandering home with a 6 pack some day when he's pissed at you and your restrictions and decides that nobody's going to tell him what he can and cannot do in his own home. Best to have those conversations now, so you know what to do.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yourself For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (06-16-2017), nimuay (06-16-2017), patchouli (06-16-2017), rnsgaig (06-16-2017)
Old 06-16-2017, 05:15 PM

In Ct you are not allowed to have it in the house the paroled is living in