Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Information relating to the Colorado Department of Corrections. This includes info about Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail.

Old 12-18-2020, 02:53 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Thanked 12,270 Times in 5,137 Posts
Default Colorado inmates can recieve care packages from Amazon (limited time)

To assist with allowing family and friends to show support for their loved ones, the Colorado Department of Corrections will temporarily allow family and friends of inmates to purchase certain items, within set guidelines, from specific approved third party vendors.

It is important that prior to making any purchases that individuals review and understand the purchasing guidelines (SEE BELOW). Please understand that safety and security of all inmates, staff and the public is our top priority. If items are purchased outside of the guidelines that have been established, the Department will not allow those items to be received by the inmates. Listed below are the set guidelines for making a purchase and the maximum spending limit per INMATE based on their facility and living unit/pod.

The Department has created a public list on Amazon.com that contains all of the items that have been approved for purchase. The list can be found at

https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/l...?ref_=wl_share

All package orders must be completed and submitted on the Amazon website by January 15, 2021. Any orders purchased after January 15, 2021, will be considered contraband and will be handled in accordance with departmental policy, AR 300-06, Searches and Contraband.

Each facility has a spending limit
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RQS...XhuHCviDm/view

The guidelines are here : https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdo...aq-and-updates

Packages can be delivered in time for Christmas please see each individual package shipping options.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
gallega1211 (12-18-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2020, 03:20 PM
If everyone cared!
Donation Award 

There is no package limit, but orders may not exceed the total spending limit per INMATE based on their facility, per housing/living unit.

Please refer to the maximum spending limit found Above .

If an inmate meets their spending limit, any additional packages sent above that limit will be prohibited.

This limit remains in effect, even if they were to transfer to another facility within that time frame. It does not start over again at the new facility.

Items must be purchased directly from Amazon’s website and shipped to the inmate’s assigned facility.

Any packages not received directly from Amazon will be considered contraband.

Families will have to list the delivery address with the following information:

Inmate name and DOC # (commitment name); (Inmate’s may receive mail that identifies them by a legally changed name IF the inmate’s commitment name is listed first followed by the legally changed name.)

Facility and/or P.O. Box Number;

Only items from the approved Public List may be purchased.
If any item is purchased outside of the approved item list, it will be considered contraband and will be handled in accordance with departmental policy.

No Substitutions are allowed for items that are out of stock.

Each facility canteen coordinator will be the primary point of contact for order inquiries/family questions regarding packages.

Issues and concerns with the order/payment will need to be referred to Amazon.

Each facility reserves the right to remove any items deemed to be contraband based on the level of the facility and the classification of the inmate, as determined by the administrative head.

The CDOC assumes no responsibility for lost, damages, destroyed or stolen items. Inmates assume the liability for the privilege of possessing personal property during incarceration.

Old 01-09-2021, 12:03 AM
Married May 27, 2017!
Donation Award 

Is this limit before tax and shipping or including?
Old 01-09-2021, 01:58 AM
If everyone cared!
Donation Award 

Before tax and shipping.

The Following User Says Thank You to gallega1211 For This Useful Post:
maytayah (01-09-2021)
Old 01-09-2021, 06:44 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Thanked 12,270 Times in 5,137 Posts

The Amazon care packages must be ordered before the 15th January 2021 but they can arrive at the facility after that date.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
Old 01-09-2021, 03:56 PM
Married May 27, 2017!
Donation Award 

Thank you! I just ordered him $99.98 of packages