Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 08-29-2016, 03:33 AM

Default False positive tests at federal prison

I know there are old threads out there on this issue, but I am looking for more recent incidents. I'd like to know if anyone has had a false positive ion drug test at a Federal Prison in the US, and were you declined visitiation?

I recently visited Hazelton FCI and was declined visitation due to a false positive. I have never touched an illegal substance, nor was I on any prescription medications that would have caused any positive tests.

Please share your experiences. I have contacted ACLU in West Virginia, but the more the merrier. I'm only looking for true false positive experiences.

Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to smalltownohio For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-29-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2016, 10:07 AM

I had a false positive. Same thing here I am super straight. So visiting was cut off for two weeks. I think the c.o.s tried to get a false positive mind you as they even were scrubbing at the bottom of my shoes (Sheridan FCI). He was moved so I dont have to deal with them anymore. It makes no sense they even test anymore since MJ is legal there and that is what primarily shows up. I dont know if the c.o.s didnt like me or him but it was horrible. Visited there for 2 years.

At the time visit was suspended 2 weeks, the captain was a real jerk. I even asked if he would retest right now. He declined. I asked he look at any video on how they conducted the test. He declined. I was very upset. Cried all the way home. My husband talked to the warden and said, you dont understand, she wouldnt even take pain medication after surgery because she doesnt like drugs of any sort. Now because of advanced end stage liver disease I do take narcotics and pass the test just fine.
It was then a full year they tested me each visit! It caused me so much stress and I dont shake off stress easy so I would be fairly uptight the first half hour of visit at least.
Old 08-29-2016, 04:34 PM

It was then a full year they tested me each visit! It caused me so much stress and I dont shake off stress easy so I would be fairly uptight the first half hour of visit at least.[/quote]

I'm so sorry you went through that. I know what you mean. I don't want to visit anymore. This has to happen more than we know.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:55 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,297 Times in 1,509 Posts

This has happened to too many people. Hope you can get the ACLU involved.