Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Texas Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:57 AM

Question Centurylink formerly Embarq?????

So I get a phone call a while ago...didn't recognize the # 1-866-397-3641
I initially didn't answer it..but then went and called it back...it was answered "Welcome to CenturyLink formerly Embarq" and I never could get to a human...it acted like I had service with them...but when I would push anything for billing, repair, payment it would send me off to neverland.

So I called the Texas Prison Phone people and she confirmed that I had been approved yesterday... but that would not be the # that my son would be calling from.

Anyone ever get one of these strange go nowhere phone calls from Embarq?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2010, 10:05 AM
here we go again :(
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,342 Times in 615 Posts

when you register your phone number, they call you to let you know that your number has been approved. You son will be calling you from 1-866-649-7319
Old 01-21-2010, 10:11 AM

LOL... guess that was my courtesy call then...it would be nice if they actually had someone answer back... Seriously it was like I had phone service with them and when I would push the options... no matter which one it was...it would sit there for a minute and then hang up. For someone one not on this board that registered online...that MIGHT be just a tad bit confusing... ;-)

But I had seen the Embarq name one here and my registration form I mailed in and figured it had something to do with the TDCJ phone system.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:31 AM

that's TDCJ for you..lol But at least ur son gets to call! That's a positive outcome..At least u got a call..When my phone line was approved i didnt even get a call..my husband just tried it one day and it worked..
Old 01-21-2010, 05:57 PM

Absolutely! Can't wait for them to get his voice recognition done!!! I don't usually answer that phone...but NOW...I will be running for it!

When I first signed up online...I never heard anything...I sent an email asking "what up?" and they sent one back saying I wasn't approved to call them...so I called and they told me it wasn't pulling up my name with the number and I needed to send the form, DL and phone bill to them...BUT after I did that it didn't take long so I can't complain.