Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions Topics / Information relating to the Arizona Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 06-15-2015, 12:14 PM

Default CenturyLink / Updated / CenturyLink is up & running

I went and registered on ICSolutions (centurylink) today , It states on the flyer that the charges will be the same , That's BS ....I was paying $ 1.80 a call ....As of July 1st it will be $ 4.60 a call and that's with a local # to the prison...the breakdown on the calls are as follows $1.80 for the 1st min. Then 20 cents per min. so for a 15 min call the total is $4.60 ...... I will sure be Glad when this bid is done with Aug 2016 , cause ive had enough of the ADOC
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2015, 02:53 PM

What the hell.do we have to do it this early? Thought it started july 1st?
Old 06-15-2015, 03:00 PM

No you don't have to do it this early , Today was the first day that you could sign up for an acct., You still have plenty of time ....Its just the rates aren't what the flyer says
It takes effect July 1st
Old 06-15-2015, 03:10 PM

Oh ok. i just hadn't heard from my spouse today as planned so I didn't really know what to think. Wondered if rhat has something to do with it.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:59 PM

and it says on there that *this may not include taxes.
I thought they weren't going to charge fee's or taxes with the new system.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:52 PM

There is no fees to add money to the acct , on the page when you add money it gives you a breakdown its 1.80 for the 1st min then 20cents a min. and the total is 4.80 for a 15 min call .....That's what its saying on there sight ...I sent them a email with my questions and haven't had any response as of now
Old 06-16-2015, 05:44 PM

For me it is saying the call is 5.60 for 15 mins. It is a little cheaper than 6.13 I was paying a 15 min call
Old 06-17-2015, 02:17 AM

Cool centurylink (ICSolutions)

Yah I was trippen out on what I read on their website last night. Click or go onto the Facilities tab at the top of the home page and read each category of their products and services. Now I see why they switched to this company. And you know they ain't letting our loved ones know all that information.
The Following User Says Thank You to WSAZbella For This Useful Post:
Wendy1918 (06-19-2015)
Old 06-17-2015, 02:27 AM

My calls to my home phone were 6.30 for a 15 min call ...I got a cell phone with a local # and it went down to 1.83 for a 15 min call Now after July 1st if he calls the local # its 4.80 and if I were still using my home # it would be 5.80 still not what is being advertised on the flyer ....the flyer states same Rates ,
Old 06-17-2015, 08:46 PM
Liz

Thanked 1,712 Times in 652 Posts

I am completely confused. I went into the website through the link on the DOC flyer. I created an account but I couldn't add services. When I click on prepaid collect account Arizona DOC came up but it didn't put in a phone number. That was using their mobile website on my tablet. I left their beta mobile site and was able to create a collect account but not the inmate account their website talked about.

I am very unhappy. My calls cost the same, but if you read the FAQ, 6 months after you add funding, the remaining balance is forfeit. You can ask for a refund, for which there is a processing fee of just under $3. I can't add any numbers, I have to create and fund separate accounts for my cell, home, and daughter's cell. My first grandchild is due in august and in september I will be in WI to help my daughter out, so now my son (her brother) can't call unless I fund 3 accounts and put low amounts that I have to replenish monthly or risk losing funds. My son calling varies as to what is going on. Last week he called 4x because of issues with his college classes. Other times he calls twice a month. Calling his sister and connecting is a combo of him being able to work into the time difference and her availability as she teaches and is going to school, and a newborn will add to that. Calling my cell phone is basically for emergencies or when I am traveling. I will have to keep count of his calls or check the website frequently.

At this point I prefer Securus as I could put all 3 numbers on one account and deposit money at the beginning of the year and not worry about it. When funds got low to an amount I determined it would fund off my card or send me an email. Whatever their fees were, it was worth it for the convenience and ease of use.
Old 06-17-2015, 09:39 PM
Liz

Thanked 1,712 Times in 652 Posts
Default I called ICSolutions

I called the company because after I created and funded an account, I could not get the sign in to work. It redirects me to the beta page which doesn't recognize my info and then I have to get rid of beta and it takes me to another page where I can enter phone no., pin, and name and get in. I asked all my other questions too:

1. They are still working on the beta site. It's been an ongoing problem and they don't know when it will be fixed.
2. Each facility will be individually switched over with all of them to be done by July 1st. If the collect calls says press 5 (rather than 1) you will know that facility has switched over.
3. Although the FAQ says money is forfeit 6 months from funding, it is 6 months from last activity. I requested a supervisor and requested she confirm it so allegedly she called corporate and confirmed this.
4. Products will become available as things are transferred. Inmate Debit accounts is not showing up as an option but she said each facility is being done individually.

I am not sure I trust the answers to 3 and 4. If anyone has more information, please share. The inmate debit account would work better for me than setting up additional accounts for cell phones. I know he then can call whomever but at least at this point that is not an issue.
Old 06-17-2015, 11:46 PM

If it directs you to the beta page, just click on where it says Leave beta. And then it will take you to either sign in or to create an account. Since I already had a local # to where my man is and have been paying 1.60 a call, my rate is still the same when it calculated. So all I had to pay was what I was putting onto the account. Make sure that you are selecting the facility that your loved one is located because I noticed that it defaults to some other facility. Just click the drop down arrow in order to select the facility of your loved one. Also keep in mind that a local # to the facility has to be same area code and the prefix has to be local within the facilities zip code. PM me if you need any help or have questions.

Last edited by WSAZbella; 06-18-2015 at 12:19 AM..
Old 06-18-2015, 02:28 AM

OK LADIES ...GOOD NEWS . I just went to the icsolutions sight....Its now saying my calls will be $1.60 its now showing one fee , no more minute fees ...Im feeling good about this , yes now I can talk to my husband everyday ....I was thinking these phone calls were going to bankrupt me ....SO HAPPY!!
The Following User Says Thank You to vicswifey2014 For This Useful Post:
Wendy1918 (06-19-2015)
Old 06-19-2015, 02:48 AM

I don't think a local number is required anymore ladies. I checked my account with my regular 602 area code and checked rates from every facility and was always either at $1.60 or $1.70 so before you spend money on a second line might wanna just check cost of original cell phone
Old 06-25-2015, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicswifey2014 View Post
OK LADIES ...GOOD NEWS . I just went to the icsolutions sight....Its now saying my calls will be $1.60 its now showing one fee , no more minute fees ...Im feeling good about this , yes now I can talk to my husband everyday ....I was thinking these phone calls were going to bankrupt me ....SO HAPPY!!
whaaaat how did you get so lucky???
i am paying more for a local number to the prison than i am for my cali number?
did you do some thing specific to get a reduced charge?
kinda freaking out right now with how expensive it all is
Old 06-25-2015, 12:13 PM

My cell has a number that's the same zip code as the prison , on june 15th I opened up a acct with ICsolutions and it was saying my calls were $4.80 , I then checked back about a week later and seen where they changed it, I was relieved ...Make sure your phone number is used under the local zip code ... or call ICsolutions and ask them what the problem is ..Everything will work out for you
Old 06-25-2015, 02:22 PM

hmm
i got my phone from the walmart like 10 mins down the road from florence west. i thought everything was the same.
Old 06-25-2015, 03:49 PM

Im not sure on Florence , sounds to me that you may not be I the same zipcode . what zipcode do you use when you write letters? do you have straight talk? straight talk will let you pick a zipcode any area that you want ....Zipcode is the most important thing when activating a phone to use with a local # I just started a Verizon acct and was able to change my local # they gave me to a local # to the prison
Old 06-26-2015, 01:37 PM

Default Centurylink up and running!!

I received a call today from my husband, The new centurylink (Icsolutions) is up and running , Remember its a new prompt #5 to except phone calls. my call cost me 1.70 with the local number
Wendy1918 (06-27-2015)
Old 06-27-2015, 11:46 PM

I'm fucking heAted. Rate says should be 1.70 but was charged 5.95!! What the hell!
Old 06-27-2015, 11:59 PM

I don't understand why my act estimates 1.70 for a call but I am still being charged for $5.60 per call. That's nuts. They said it was like a $2.48 connect call snd 20 cents a min. They didn't know why cuz the person i called is still training. Kinda pissed
Old 06-28-2015, 03:20 AM

Cool ic solutions (centurylink)

Ya it seems that when are loved ones are calling the phone # will start with the same area code as to the facility.. because this week I kept missing a call from a 520 area code and finally today ended up calling it back and not realizing that the facility had already changed over even though it's not July 1st yet.. so today I called the # back and it said ic solutions..then that's when I knew it had to be one of my family members trying To call.m. The same will go for other facilities in other area codes the # will start with thhe facilities area code.. a part of this company that's a down fall is that we won't know any call attempts or see a list of all the calls placed.. when I spoke to customer service they told me that they don't even have a system for that. They only take payments and see the same thing we see on our online account.. then again they aren't securus with the outrageous fees to add $ on an account.
Old 06-28-2015, 01:49 PM

From the home page at the top it reads something like leave BETA , get out of that and sign in on the regular sight , the beta sight is telling me that my calls are over $5 each , ive already received calls and have been charged $1.70 per call...I think they are still working out the kinks . if your calls before were made to a local # it should be 1.70 . Wait til you get your call and then see what the cost is .
Wendy1918 (06-28-2015)
Old 06-28-2015, 02:59 PM

The rate caculator on ic solutions isnt correct. After he calls using the new system yull see yur call price stayed the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicswifey2014 View Post
I went and registered on ICSolutions (centurylink) today , It states on the flyer that the charges will be the same , That's BS ....I was paying $ 1.80 a call ....As of July 1st it will be $ 4.60 a call and that's with a local # to the prison...the breakdown on the calls are as follows $1.80 for the 1st min. Then 20 cents per min. so for a 15 min call the total is $4.60 ...... I will sure be Glad when this bid is done with Aug 2016 , cause ive had enough of the ADOC
Old 02-04-2016, 04:07 PM

Default question on local numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisLady1201 View Post
I don't think a local number is required anymore ladies. I checked my account with my regular 602 area code and checked rates from every facility and was always either at $1.60 or $1.70 so before you spend money on a second line might wanna just check cost of original cell phone
I just had a question on the local numbers everyone is talking about as I'm new to this: My number is out of state from when I moved here I kept my old cell number bc it was never an issue, but now it will be since it's what he calls. I called the company and they told me that even if I change my cell phone number to the same area code as where he is, it's not considered "local" and I wont' get "local rates" unless the area code and then the next 3 numbers match what the prison's is for example 555-444-6666 for the prison, my cell they say would have to be 555-444-then any 4 numbers to be considered local or else it would be "itralata" and it would end up costing me more the my out of state number. So if I have a cell that matches the prison's area code but not the next 3 numbers, I pay more then him calling my out of state number? That makes no sense to me but that is what the company said when I called - is anyone else having experience with this? He is going to be moved and will either be at Buckeye (i.e. Lewis) or Kingman. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I dont' want to change my number if it's not going to save me money.