Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > USP Victorville
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

USP Victorville Topics and discussion specific to USP VIctorville in Adelanto, CA.

Old 10-09-2017, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderRolls View Post
The website shows the red bar, so they must be on LD.
What's the red bar thing? Do they all show that on the BOP website if they're on lockdown?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2017, 12:26 PM

So, they have a new warden and new administrations running victorville like they are war criminals or something. It is time to start complaining to the district office and your congressmen. There is zero reason for this lock down. The guys who fought with the co.s are rolled out. He has been having each unit shoo more then once doing write ups for silly stuff like unauthoriized possession of ... a beaded necklace or art work. Nothing like a shive or a knife. This is nuts.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:17 AM

My husband transferred from usp max to fci med ll shu on Sept 12. I got one small letter this hole time. It's been horrible not having communication with him . In shu he sees nobody the isolation is torture after 14 days . Going to make his mental health worse. Lockdown for weeks on end is cruel n inhuman conditions. We need to get together n voice our concerns . Let me know if you have lo in med ll
The Following User Says Thank You to valerie2017 For This Useful Post:
julzb (10-10-2017)
Old 10-10-2017, 12:20 AM
Account Closed

Default Red Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 801Melody View Post
What's the red bar thing? Do they all show that on the BOP website if they're on lockdown?
If you go to the Victorville page on the BOP website, to whichever facility such as USP or medium, it will show a red banner across the top and say all visiting has been suspended until further notice - if they're on LD. If there's no banner, then the prison isn't on LD. I think individual units can still be, but those are usually more brief than a whole LD.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:22 AM
Account Closed

Default Conditions

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie2017 View Post
My husband transferred from usp max to fci med ll shu on Sept 12. I got one small letter this hole time. It's been horrible not having communication with him . In shu he sees nobody the isolation is torture after 14 days . Going to make his mental health worse. Lockdown for weeks on end is cruel n inhuman conditions. We need to get together n voice our concerns . Let me know if you have lo in med ll
The harassment of visitors is also ridiculous. They purposely do things to try and make it so visitors won't return. There is s whole lot that needs to be reformed in these federal prisons.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:49 AM

Keep this in mind. If you letter write your concerns do so to the district office not the current facility. Let them know clearly your concerns and I have also suggest to keep it annonymous. If you need help please PM me. I wouldnt say keep anonymous but they are petty and will punish our guys for it. So, we sign from a concerned wife, girlfriend, sister, aunt, grandma then next line due to the fact I feel that my loved one will be punished further if I leave my full name I am withholding this information. If your going to do this we need to do at the same time from all different states so they do not see that the letters come from your home town and narrow the field. Also if you can have family send same letter that you email to them, they print it out and mail it from their state the more the better. It does help because 50 plus letters all within a couple of days shows there is a problem at that particular prison and the complaints are all the same or similar. I can write something up and if you PM me I will send you it as an example. It worked in another facility he was in. All of a sudden staff was VERY nice in the front where you come in to visit in this facility. Before they were shoving grandmas physically I kid you not! Please everyone unite and help together and get your family involved to mail from different states this really helps us stay anonymous. Thanks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to julzb For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (10-10-2017), Hurley123 (10-10-2017)
Old 10-10-2017, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julzb View Post
Keep this in mind. If you letter write your concerns do so to the district office not the current facility. Let them know clearly your concerns and I have also suggest to keep it annonymous. If you need help please PM me. I wouldnt say keep anonymous but they are petty and will punish our guys for it. So, we sign from a concerned wife, girlfriend, sister, aunt, grandma then next line due to the fact I feel that my loved one will be punished further if I leave my full name I am withholding this information. If your going to do this we need to do at the same time from all different states so they do not see that the letters come from your home town and narrow the field. Also if you can have family send same letter that you email to them, they print it out and mail it from their state the more the better. It does help because 50 plus letters all within a couple of days shows there is a problem at that particular prison and the complaints are all the same or similar. I can write something up and if you PM me I will send you it as an example. It worked in another facility he was in. All of a sudden staff was VERY nice in the front where you come in to visit in this facility. Before they were shoving grandmas physically I kid you not! Please everyone unite and help together and get your family involved to mail from different states this really helps us stay anonymous. Thanks.
How do I pm you
The Following User Says Thank You to valerie2017 For This Useful Post:
Hurley123 (10-10-2017)
Old 10-10-2017, 09:51 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,143 Times in 11,758 Posts

To send a private message to anyone, click on their user name at the top of each of their posts, then "send a PM to".

You can also click on "view public profile" instead and then "contact info" , and finally "send a private message to" that member.

Be sure to check your own PM inbox for answers/
Old 10-10-2017, 11:41 AM

Hey received email right now and husband thinks maybe tomorrow they will go off lock down. Can be hopeful anyway!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to julzb For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (10-10-2017), marrybelle (10-10-2017), SANDY1921 (10-10-2017), zusya (10-10-2017)
Old 10-10-2017, 10:19 PM

Default Red Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 801Melody View Post
Yes, the prison website has a red bar across the top when visiting is suspended. They all have the red bar but FCI Medium II tends to have it more frequently then the others. They do not always take it down though so it's better to call the Prison to be on the safe side.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:39 PM

I got a text on Friday that said it was thought that Sunday would be the last day but apparently, that wasn't true. Last time, just before it ended, they were letting them out for an hour at a time and then it ended. If that were the case this time, I figure I would have gotten text again after Friday but all I got was a letter in the mail on Saturday. It said, "Today is Thursday and we just got some good news! This lockdown will be coming to an end and more than likely, you will be getting a call from me on Monday." That didn't happen either.

Craziness, Pure Craziness.. It would seem maybe they got into trouble again, who knows. What I do know is that birdie baths and cold meals for this long of a period can't be healthy and then to top it off, no fresh air either?

I say, this has to stop! I don't see how locking the entire prison down changes anything especially when they already know how and where the trouble started. I really don't think lockdown is going to detour anyone from breaking rules or starting fights. If these guys already have it in their heads to start trouble, they are going to do it. Lock down or no lockdown!

Am I Right?

Last edited by SANDY1921; 10-10-2017 at 10:41 PM..
Old 10-11-2017, 12:17 AM

Hi you guys I've been reading everyone's messages for any updates since I haven't gotten any letters or messages through corrlinks I'm starting to get worried. Seems like everyone got a message from there LO I sent him so many letters and no response and it was his birthday yesterday I don't know what to do.
Old 10-11-2017, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crownthis View Post
Hi you guys I've been reading everyone's messages for any updates since I haven't gotten any letters or messages through corrlinks I'm starting to get worried. Seems like everyone got a message from there LO I sent him so many letters and no response and it was his birthday yesterday I don't know what to do.
Don't worry. I haven't received any emails from my husband either.
Hopefully tomorrow we will hear from our guys!
The Following User Says Thank You to zusya For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (10-11-2017)
Old 10-11-2017, 11:46 AM

Any Updates?? Anyone???
Old 10-11-2017, 12:30 PM

Default Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crownthis View Post
He may not have stamps. Also first go to the BOP inmate locator and make sure he was not one of the men rolled out right after the fight. It would be terrible if he was but you never know. If I dont hear from my guy a week I go check the locator. He has been down a long time and transferred several times (usually by choice when new prison opened for a change of scenery).

Hope you hear from him soon.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:49 PM

My husband has been transferred Sept 28 to Fci med 2 and I haven't heard anything from him. I see the place is on lock down but I wrote letters and still haven't heard anything I'm freaking out.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:57 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,143 Times in 11,758 Posts

Since he is new to that prison, his property probably hasn't caught up with him yet. Add a lockdown to the mix (no commissary) and that only leaves the option of borrowing a stamp or two from his cellies, who may be having the same problem. I hope you hear from him soon.
Old 10-11-2017, 01:03 PM

How long does the process take do u have any idea this is all new to me.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:47 PM

Default How Long Does the Process Take

Depending on where he transferred from, it could take up to three weeks to get any money he had left on his books but you can send him money now this way when they do get let out, even if it is only for an hour, he will be able to call you. While they are still in lockdown, he can't buy hygiene or shoes, food, stamps or anything like that but he can set up his phone account as long as he has some money in his account.

My man has been here since August 01 of this year and this is already the third lockdown. When they say lockdown, they mean it. When there is some kind of trouble, whether it be a mere threat or an actual fight, the warden locks down the prison to regain order. Sometimes just a particular block but sometimes, like the last two, the entire prison gets locked down. No visits, no commissary, no laundry access, no mess hall, TV, Text Messaging or EMail, No Telephone and not even outside activities are permitted. They are locked down in their cell (with however many men are assigned to the cell) where my man is, there is only two per cell. They have to take birdie baths, eat cold meals in their cell, wash their clothes out in the sink, etc. If they can't do it in their cell, then they don't get to do it at all. All they get is mail from the outside. You can send them books and write letters. That's it until it's over.

This lock down started almost a month ago. Normally, when the lock down is close to coming to an end, they start letting the guys out one block at a time for one hour. Usually that lasts a few days and then it is over, just like that but this time, we are worried because some had received text msgs or email and even USPS mail saying the lock down was coming to an end but we have not heard anything in a couple of days now and the lock down did not end after all.

Write to your LO and let him know you are aware there is a lockdown and if you can put something on his account. Even a little helps and then he can offer his roommate two stamps when lock down ends for one stamp now. There is always a chance his roommate doesn't have a stamp either.

There you have it.. I'm not really good with words so as you can see, it takes me so many words to describe something. Especially something I am so passionate about.

I hope I was able to help some. I know when my LO (Loved One) first went there in August, I actually got my feelings hurt because I thought he was just to down to call me or write to me until one time I sent him a letter and it just so happened, he was able to pull my stamp off of the envelope and re use it to send me a letter which is when he explained everything to me.

Once this Lock Down is over, your LO will be set up with a Corrlinks Account which he can use to send EMail and Text Messages.

Good Luck, I hope I have helped some.

Last edited by SANDY1921; 10-11-2017 at 07:53 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SANDY1921 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (10-12-2017), Tutuamazin (10-11-2017)
Old 10-11-2017, 10:21 PM

Exclamation

You help a lot because I was feeling down I sent him money thinking he can order stamps I even called there and they told Me 3 different things. I just knew it was something because he's good at letting me know things but I have been writing to him. I just haven't got anything back yet. Thank you soooo much .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tutuamazin For This Useful Post:
Carmel65 (10-17-2017), fbopnomore (10-12-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 04:09 AM

It is 3 a.m. and missing the husband. This is the 2nd year I couldnt visit near our anniversary! The prison is supposed to allow men to continue to have relationships and to try to keep in touch with family while they are in so that transition is smoother when coming out. When they are on lockdown all the time it gets really hard to keep him included in the family. The lack of calls, emails and visits makes it near impossible to feel like I have a husband. And for them it is worse. We all need to hear from our guys for sure but not just for us. For their mental health and well being. It is hard enough to be a wife of a man incarcerated but when they keep going on lock down it becomes 10x more difficult.
Missing him.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to julzb For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (10-12-2017), marrybelle (10-12-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 07:40 AM

You are so right julzb they also punish us I miss my “everything” u start wondering if u are married to a ghost but then u get a letter and u remember little things anyhow “Happy Anniversary” soon u will be able to enjoy with ur husband but right now this is what we got to work with ... so let’s make it work!! (I tell my husband that everyday!) Have A Blessed Day
Old 10-12-2017, 01:47 PM

Ladies, I got first email today from my husband. He said they are open now, but does not know for how long and Phones don’t work (I don’t understand why). And he didn’t receive any mail this week...there is a delay again. This is all so far. Hope it comes to the end.
The Following User Says Thank You to zusya For This Useful Post:
marrybelle (10-12-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 01:56 PM
Owned

Thanked 3,981 Times in 1,825 Posts

Please remember that the horrid fires in California might make things even harder; phone lines could be down, mail routes closed, staff needed elsewhere - I'm sure the prison is irked that the fires aren't following BoP policy, but Mother Nature plays by her rules.

I know that doesn't make it less hard for those waiting, but it is something to remember.
The Following User Says Thank You to safran For This Useful Post:
zusya (10-12-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zusya View Post
Ladies, I got first email today from my husband. He said they are open now, but does not know for how long and Phones donít work (I donít understand why). And he didnít receive any mail this week...there is a delay again. This is all so far. Hope it comes to the end.

So they are off lock down?? and how long did u get ur 1st email?? omg it was about time!! wait is ur LO in Med 2?? I hope so!! I cant wait to see my hubby!!