Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW MEXICO Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

NEW MEXICO Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of New Mexico Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, Visitation & Phones, mail and more

Old 03-04-2008, 01:04 AM

Default Female c/os sleeping with inmates

My husband is a pnm and i caught wind of female c/os working to sleep with the inmates has this happened to any one else.thats the only reason girls get jobs there. it made me so angy that i barley trust my husband any more.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2008, 06:39 AM
one lucky woman

I wouldn't go freaking out over something I "got wind of" if I were you, it may be BS or exxaggerated, I highly doubt that's the ONLY reason any women work there.
Second point- what does your HUSBAND say about this? Don't let a rumor ruin the trust. These relationships are hard enough. But if he's the faithful kind it's unlikely he'd fall for a CO, and if he's not, you'd have problems out here too.
It sounds like you're missing him a lot and feeling insecure. maybe communication can help...hating on some woman who's probly just trying to pay the rent and buy her kids shoes won't.

Diamond: a lump of coal that did well under pressure
Old 03-05-2008, 09:25 AM

I dont believe they hire them for that either. But there are some co`s that do have affairs with inmates and this does go on alot ( women and mens prisons) Not all co`s are like that.( very few) they do go through a background check and a lot of training to become a officer --thats how they make their money as a officer( some slip up),but most are there to do their job and make thier money like that ,And what does your husband say about this to you? I would not worry about it if I were you. my husband is there in NM and I have not heard anything from him like that.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:34 PM
I love my hubby!!!
Donation Award 

I can tell you some women do but not all some women just end up with someone in prison. It isnt always something is always planned. trust me i know. if u have any questions pm me
Old 04-15-2008, 06:49 PM

Default It's true

I know it sounds like im freaking out or theres no trust , i had heard the news from several people who new the female c/o i too also knew her,and its not something im making up it's real and when i knew it wasnt just gossip was when my husband himself told me at a visit that he had knew it had happened because it was at the facility where a family member is held and the incedent was happening right next to him. Ive delt with my husband being in the system for over 9 years and trust is not an issue we have. i posted this thread for the poor inmates wife that the c/o was with with her permission.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:53 PM
I love my hubby!!!
Donation Award 

wow for me me and tone never slept together ever and let me tell you i feel bad for the inmates wife. my prayers are with her.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:53 PM
Rashad's Girl

I used to work for TDCJ as a CO. I am engaged to marry the man I met there. Most of ther women officers I worked with had/have boyfriends. It happens a lot to be honest with you. I didn't go to work there looking for love, but it found me. I wouldn't change a thing either.
You have to have trust in your husband, you know him better than anyone.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:59 PM
Rashad's Girl

You could easily get her fired. But who is to blame? Is it her? Do you think she took advantage of you husband because he is lonely and needing human touch? Do you think it should have been up to him to say no? I feel for you please don't think i am being cold or mean. If you want her fired get proof. That's what it takes.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:05 PM

I don't think all female c/o's take the job to sleep with inmates. i have relatives that are c/o's. My baby has told me that they came on to him and me and him know not to go there. I don't play that s*it. I will find out if it was to ever occur, but I don't go there because it's not going to happen. My brothers have told me that they have came on to them as well but they don't mess with them because those girls be catching stuff from doing that.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:12 PM
I love my hubby!!!
Donation Award 

Yea for me i never sleeped with him we are together becuase we really love eachother not becuase it was a sex thing. but yea there are alot of females that do that in there and it isnt a game or isnt nice
Old 04-25-2008, 09:22 PM
Crazy never felt so good

Seriously this might be mean but get over it. That's not the only reason women become co's. And if your husband/bf cheats on you w/ a co, then he was a real piece of sh!t and you need to leave his ass anyways.

Why are we CONSTANTLY bashing female co's on PTO?
Old 04-26-2008, 07:52 AM
HOME AND DIVORCED!!!!!

It is true I heard about it also from an inmate who did sleep with the c/o. It sucks and it is somethign that happens behind walls that we will never find out about. None of ur husbands are dumb enough to say that they slept with a female c/o LOL

Forever and Always!!!!

Love is never lost it is just sometimes forgotten

Old 04-28-2008, 12:53 AM

my thoughts exactly. that is a real piece of s$%= that would do that to a lady out here waiting and being faithful. it's time to move on for sure. he's not worth it!!!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:57 AM
I love my hubby!!!
Donation Award 

jordans i believe that all women that that female c/o's are like that but not all. but if this female co should be ashamed becuase when i was a co i made sure those guys behaved becuase of woemn who are waitting on them dont deserve to be treated like that at all.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:29 PM

So does anyone know what facility this CO is doing her business? And has anyone heard anything further???

Have a blessed day!
Old 06-05-2008, 08:38 AM
Closed

i'm not gonna bash the female co's. but i am gonna say this, if they weren't there-if there were only male co's in male prisons, then this wouldn't be an issue at all-now would it? the logical thing is to send female co's to the female prisons and male co's to the male prisons. and as far as being upset at the co's no i wouldnt be upset with them. they never stood before god and made vows to me, my husband did, and if i can stay faithful to him then he can stay faithful to me. its a choice, and there is always an out even when you are lonely and tempted. so i dont buy the "it just happened thing"
Old 06-05-2008, 08:44 AM
HOME AND DIVORCED!!!!!

I agree with you 120%. I dont feel female cos should work in an all male facility.

Forever and Always!!!!

Old 06-03-2008, 01:34 AM
I love my hubby!!!
Donation Award 

yes i know were but i am not going to say it out here.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:51 AM
HOME AND DIVORCED!!!!!

All I know is there have been a few and there is only one left that I know of!!! Guranteed this happens everywhere!!!

Forever and Always!!!!

Old 06-04-2008, 03:17 PM
Life Happens

Question How??

I am just curious because to think the system would be more strict than that...I was wondering HOW can these c/o's (male or female) sleep with inmates? Dont they get caught?
Old 06-04-2008, 10:36 PM
Altheasskweez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Rico View Post
I am just curious because to think the system would be more strict than that...I was wondering HOW can these c/o's (male or female) sleep with inmates? Dont they get caught?
Yes, they do.

"The things we do for love . . ."

FD
Old 04-25-2009, 10:46 PM

Default Thank God for internal affairs

They do get caught and are promptly fired the less dirty officers the happier we all are!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Rico View Post
The Following User Says Thank You to fedupwitdrama For This Useful Post:
*PlayersGurl* (06-05-2010)
Old 06-04-2010, 10:36 PM

Angry C'mon NMCD get wit it!!

Ok so - um yeah why the heck doesn't NMCD see that it's only right to stick only male co's in a men's facility n the same for women??
Guaranteed they have fired NUMEROUS men/women for inappropriate behavior!!

Of course, I have been in a situation where many women have come on to my huzz - those scandalous bz's. I know them by name and one has been fired for just that!!
Shoot my brother and primos have all said the same - just some insecure women.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:43 PM

Default ridiculous

First of all as a female woking in a new mexico prison let me clear up that the last thing on my mind is having an innapropriate relationship with any inmate. Those women who are supposed to be earning an honest living but chose to do things they shouldnt should be ASHAMED of themselves because they give the rest of us a bad name. My one reason for being there is to earn money to pay my bills. And if i am presented with any behavior that is other the appropriate it honestly disgusts me. Females have every right to work in a prison I treat my inmates with respect no more no less and expect them to act accordingly. Just thought maybe you should know before ou go make generalizations that we arent all immoral tramps
Quote:
Originally Posted by udontknowme View Post
My husband is a pnm and i caught wind of female c/os working to sleep with the inmates has this happened to any one else.thats the only reason girls get jobs there. it made me so angy that i barley trust my husband any more.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fedupwitdrama For This Useful Post:
*PlayersGurl* (06-05-2010), BurntToast (05-25-2013), MamaSaid (06-04-2010)
Old 06-05-2010, 01:40 AM

Thanked 1,193 Times in 825 Posts

Alright because this thread has gone into so many levels of breach of PTO Policy I'm gonna lock it up. Please review these 2 policies below for future reference:

• Sex with C. O. and Sex in the Visiting Room Threads
Certain general subjects seem to persistently show up on PTO. Two such examples are “Sex with C.O.’s” and “Sex in the Visiting Room.” Before posting a question on PTO, we strongly encourage members to utilize the “search” function to see if the question has already been answered. If a member posts a question that has already been answered several times, the PTO staff reserves the right to post links to previous threads - where the question has been answered - and close the thread.

Police / Guard / Correction Officer Bashing:
While we encourage full disclosure, investigation and the sharing of relevant information relating to abuses by Institutional staff (management, guards, jailers, CO’s,etc), blatant and unprovoked bashing of these people is not allowed. Please refrain from derogatory name calling as well. Further, it is a violation of PTO membership to go to any forum or site (ETC) where Correctional Officers are known to congregate and incite problems that may follow you back to the PTO website. If it is found that any member of PTO has gone to another website and created a problem, that then follows them back to our community, that member will be banned immediately.