Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

Old 02-09-2020, 07:50 AM
The Cowtown Moderator

Thanked 6,419 Times in 1,738 Posts
Default MWIs: The Road Ahead For All You & The Possibilities For Some Of You

It’s people like you that make the world a better place and that’s not just lip service on my part to patronize anyone or to be the center of attention. It’s the kindness of strangers that truly gives the world the right to say that it’s civilized because without you, it’s only the people that we’ve known before on the outside that stand a chance of being there for us. You mean more than you know. You mean a great deal. Because of you, the world is a better place.

What is prison like? What is it really like? I’ve spent over 18 years in prison in Texas. I’ve been there more than once and of prison, I say this:

“Prison is every bad thing you think or imagine it to be plus, all the things you didn’t know or considered until you got there. Prison is the one place where you don’t have to go look for trouble to find it. It’s right there waiting on you when you get up in the morning. Prison is the closest thing to hell on earth. It always has been and it always will be. I may not know much, but I know that much. God help us all that go there and thank God for people like you that try to help us. Amen”

People need other in this life whether they realize it or not. No matter if it’s the kindness of a stranger, a family bond among those that share the same blood or folks that simply need support in the sense of:
“Lean on me, when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on”

We need each other in this life, but we need each other a certain way. Respect, trust, appreciation, communication and sharing have their place in human relations. When we fall short in one of those areas, we can become something less than human. When we do those things which hurt someone knowingly, are something less than human. It takes work where relationships are concerned. Sometimes its high maintenance and sometimes it’s not. It’s rarely always one way or the other.

On this side of the razor wire, where you’re concerned, the fact that you choose someone in prison to have a relationship with says many things. You have something to give. Many of you are women and you possess certain strengths that embrace motherhood, devotion and a sense of adding to person’s life that is needy and without. I don’t claim or pretend to understand the opposite sex more so or better than anyone else who’s of the male gender. Understanding each other is the not most important part of a relationship, but respecting one another is. When it comes to the possibilities of what good or bad will follow in a MWI relationship, respect is what makes or breaks the relationship, not how attractive someone is, not how much money or many miles you put on the road to go see someone, not all the letters and photos you send or how much perfume you’ve doused a letter with……none of that. The measuring stick of your relationship is first and foremost to do with respect. When that is in question or you wonder if something has changed or “Is he or she involved with someone else?” or “is it something that I said or didn’t say?”……..most often, the truth reveals itself at some point. For better or worse. The better part being what? What you hoped for in the MWI relationship has lasted and you add to one another’s lives. Your lives are better because of what you have now. The relationship you’ve worked through and work upon is working out.

What about the worse part of for better or worse? What’s that mean exactly? It means that in a garden of apple trees and lemon trees surrounded by a tall wooden fence with a small hole in it to reach through, you stand a chance of picking a lemon when you hoped for an apple. You can’t see inside of prison on this side of the razor wire……if you stick your hand through a wooden fence knowing that fruit is on the other side well, that’s a plus, but it takes time to figure out which is which, doesn’t it? You have to be patient and most of all, you don’t want to taste/partake of or give your heart to something or someone that you’re not sure of. There once was a famous man said to have walked on water who advised and forewarned, “Don’t cast your pearls before swine”. Take your time. Words are just that, they are words. “I love you” in the true sense is beyond words and requires action, patience, respect and self-control. One of the perils that you face on this side of the razor wire that you need to take to heart has to do with power in the hands of those that are weak. Weak people are not powerless.

Yes, he or she there in prison may be up against something that looks and truly is horrific. They may be lonely, they may be hungry, they may be hopeless, and they may be in need of someone like you more than you’ll ever know. All that may and often times is very true, but those who are without, those that are needy, those who may be broken or broken down spiritually, emotionally, financially can be strong in a very destructive way. They can be a raging bull that tears a part every good thing built in a relationship. Why? Because a person is often times an accumulation of their experiences in life and by the time some of us get to prison, we’ve got this “What difference does it make what I do or what happens me or what happens to you. Life sucks and then you die”. You can’t see what doesn’t reveal itself in a letter. You can’t see what doesn’t show up at a 2 hour visit. You can’t hear what words cannot tell of in a phone conversation. Among the most powerful of those that are weak in prison are the ones who don’t know their strength. They’re blinded by abuses suffered and the wreckage of the past in such a way that is heart breaking, but in this matter called an MWI relationship, your job is to see to it that your heart is not broken.
How do you know when you’re being lied to? How do you know if he or she is sincere or not? How do you know if you’re just one among several women being played upon or used in a MWI relationship? How do you know if and when he or she gets out that it was worth it in the end? Of human understanding & wisdom there is only one understanding. God is God and people are people, but people are not gods. God is to do with the answers to the questions just mentioned. Meditate each day. Align your thoughts and actions with God in all that you do and especially MWI relations. It’s hard keeping the ego out of way when it comes to the love game. It really is. God will speak to you through other people, God will speak to you in your dreams, and God will speak you from within. Intuition has its place in your relationship with God and Action on the part of your MWI on the other side of the razor wire has its place.

Action speaks louder than words. If I really love you, I try to find a way to add to your life from inside of prison not just you adding to my life. If I really love you, I go the extra mile to make you feel good instead of always being in need of you making my life easier. If I really love you, I want to know as much or maybe more about you and not always be in need of being heard or having to be the center of attention in the time we spend together or what I write about in my letters to you.

Money…photos….come see me…..marry me….let me parole to your place…..find me a job before I get out…..send a support letter to parole on my behalf. Let those be unspoken efforts that you give or don’t give of your choosing and not his, but it’s always better for him not to be the one to ask for those things and if he or she does….ask God to reveal what is true of him/her to you and for you. Is he/she an apple or he/she is lemon? Is he or she a locked up person trying to get their heart right for the sake of a better life and a better tomorrow or this a wolf in sheep’s clothing?
The request for nude or revealing photos, words on paper that are nothing more that snail mail hyper sexed letters, hey can you find my cellie or this friend of mine in here a pen pal?, no way, Jose…………….Why not? You’re a man doing time in a man’s penitentiary, correct? Yes……and? Then act like a man……take it like a man. You’re not 12 years old in an adult prison, you’re an adult and you’re going to act like one concerning me and you’re going to treat me with respect. Anything less than that and we’re done.

I would hope that you consider what is ahead of you as an MWI. Part of what I say to you is what I’ve experienced as an MWI on that side of the razor wire and on this side, as well. This is my approach concerning what to do and what to be mindful of. Let the mindset you take on or adhere to be of benefit to you. There’s only one you and we need you here on PTO. Stay away from lemon trees.

Last edited by Firebrand; 02-09-2020 at 07:52 AM.. Reason: grammer
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Firebrand For This Useful Post:
408MoonGem (02-13-2020), 4Bobby (02-10-2020), BearsLadyBear (02-11-2020), Billys_Lady (02-11-2020), cathy678 (02-14-2020), e-Tex (02-10-2020), Emilygale (02-09-2020), fbopnomore (02-13-2020), Francis213 (02-10-2020), judiwoo (02-09-2020), kvinna20 (02-17-2020), Lifetime30 (02-09-2020), lolo21216 (02-09-2020), miamac (02-09-2020), ModestSparrow (02-16-2020), RaeLR (02-09-2020), Shelby67 (02-18-2020), sidewalker (02-16-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2020, 10:36 AM

All very good advice. The part about them being able to keep promises and show their love through actions is very true when they are locked up. My mwi always kept his word with me if he was gonna call he called, if he said he would write he did, he sent flowers to my job once through his mom who had access to an account t he had out here. He won a prize for a raffle in prison and picked a beaded necklace he had sent to me. He sent me a check to buy him dress out clothes, he didn’t put that financial burden on me. He straight told me when started writing to him I don’t write any other women except my mom and my sister. He went out of his way to let me know I was secure in our relationship. He also wanted to make sure I’m stable, he knew he never wanted to go back to prison again. He had been in and out for the last thirty years and had done half of it in prison. He wanted a stable relationship himself so he was watching my behavior like I was watching his. Two and a half years out and we still have all the respect for each other.l we always have. Both of us have made mistakes in the past in relationships. Our relationship is important to both of us and I think that’s why it works.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kimimi For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (02-09-2020), Hurley123 (02-15-2020), kvinna20 (02-17-2020)
Old 02-09-2020, 11:55 AM
The Cowtown Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimimi View Post
All very good advice. The part about them being able to keep promises and show their love through actions is very true when they are locked up. My mwi always kept his word with me if he was gonna call he called, if he said he would write he did, he sent flowers to my job once through his mom who had access to an account t he had out here. He won a prize for a raffle in prison and picked a beaded necklace he had sent to me. He sent me a check to buy him dress out clothes, he didn’t put that financial burden on me. He straight told me when started writing to him I don’t write any other women except my mom and my sister. He went out of his way to let me know I was secure in our relationship. He also wanted to make sure I’m stable, he knew he never wanted to go back to prison again. He had been in and out for the last thirty years and had done half of it in prison. He wanted a stable relationship himself so he was watching my behavior like I was watching his. Two and a half years out and we still have all the respect for each other.l we always have. Both of us have made mistakes in the past in relationships. Our relationship is important to both of us and I think that’s why it works.
There have been and are some really beautiful bonds formed in an MWI relationship. At the same time, where there's good there's also bad. It's good that he cares about you and that you both have something that is meaningful. He's blessed to have you in his life, Kimimi. All you gals that make the effort that are MWI are a special group.
Hurley123 (02-15-2020)
Old 02-09-2020, 12:30 PM

Thanked 1,044 Times in 584 Posts

I have been in a relationship with man for 7 years now and married for 4 of them. We started as penpals and neither of us were looking for more than friendship but our relationship developed. He was honest with me about everything and I was with him. He has never asked for anything but my love and if I do put money on his account he is so grateful and always says that I come first. People have doubted our relationship but we have proved them wrong. We live 5500 miles apart so I can't visit every week but we manage with calls and letters. He has been honest about life in there even though he knows I worry. If your in a relationship with someone you should share the bad as well as the good. In the beginning I will admit I was wondering "what if and how do I know theres no-one else" but that passed and I know how he talks about me to friends and family. It's not an easy life and there are tears and worry but the good outweighs the bad and I am looking forward to the day he walks out of that place so we can begin the next chapter. I know there are men that use women in there and I feel blessed that I have one of the good ones.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to judiwoo For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (02-09-2020), maytayah (02-09-2020)
Old 02-09-2020, 04:00 PM
The Cowtown Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by judiwoo View Post
I have been in a relationship with man for 7 years now and married for 4 of them. We started as penpals and neither of us were looking for more than friendship but our relationship developed. He was honest with me about everything and I was with him. He has never asked for anything but my love and if I do put money on his account he is so grateful and always says that I come first. People have doubted our relationship but we have proved them wrong. We live 5500 miles apart so I can't visit every week but we manage with calls and letters. He has been honest about life in there even though he knows I worry. If your in a relationship with someone you should share the bad as well as the good. In the beginning I will admit I was wondering "what if and how do I know theres no-one else" but that passed and I know how he talks about me to friends and family. It's not an easy life and there are tears and worry but the good outweighs the bad and I am looking forward to the day he walks out of that place so we can begin the next chapter. I know there are men that use women in there and I feel blessed that I have one of the good ones.
Among those of you with close family ties and/or friends there tends to be a sense of judgement of questioning about your better judgement in becoming involved with one of us and I know that has to be something that can get on your nerves. Even though, one would think that applies more so to someone actually in prison and an MWI relationship, it is something that has forever remained in my life out here in the free world in spite of the fact that I did my time and I'm now free.
Sometimes, even in my slant on things to do with relationships w/one of us inside I can be judgmental if I'm not careful and it surprises me. Still, much of my take on things is from what I witnessed and experienced in prison, not out here. It's only natural that those who care you and love you want no harm to come your way. You're a special bunch.
Hurley123 (02-15-2020), judiwoo (02-10-2020)
Old 02-09-2020, 08:14 PM

Really a beautiful post. Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Emilygale For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (02-09-2020)
Old 02-10-2020, 07:32 AM
Account Closed

As an ex-mwi I really appreciate this post, thank you!
Old 02-10-2020, 10:20 PM
The perfect bad example

Well said brother!

This should be required reading for those yet to embark on a pen-pal relationship for the first time.

Does anyone spiral into control?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to e-Tex For This Useful Post:
408MoonGem (02-13-2020), Firebrand (02-11-2020), Hurley123 (02-15-2020), kvinna20 (02-17-2020), lolo21216 (02-11-2020)
Old 02-11-2020, 12:34 AM

I'm not a MWI but this is a great post and information from this can be used for those who met before incarceration too.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lifetime30 For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (02-11-2020)
Old 02-11-2020, 07:15 AM
The Cowtown Moderator

Default Living Angels That Walk The Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifetime30 View Post
I'm not a MWI but this is a great post and information from this can be used for those who met before incarceration too.
I think the real reason why I started this thread is to with the fact that “I don’t everything…I don’t necessarily know what’s best for you and on many days, I may not even know what’s best for me, but I know this: I know what trouble looks like and I know what it’s like for someone new that comes along whether they’re in prison doing time or they’re out here and they’re getting started on a relationship with someone on the other side of the razor wire.” I know what that’s about.

It’s wrong to not say something or not be of help to someone who is “innocent” for lack of a better way to put it. You know what I’m saying. Sometimes…..there are mindsets and mental mannerisms that follow us from prison, those of us that have done time that are lame. The “I’m just gonna do my little ole’ time and stay out of the way…mind my own business” way of approaching life in general. I am guilty of that type thinking and on several occasions thought to myself and of myself “why didn’t you say something or do something to help that person” whether it be in prison to do with a life on life’s terms prison matter or out here in the free world. “You knew what was about to happen and you just stood there and let it happen. Treat people the way you want to be treated. Wouldn’t you want someone to forewarn you or lace you up as it’s put in some circles to do with a potential problem?” Love your neighbor as yourself.

MWIs on this side of the razor wire are not just embarking on a relationship with someone that they have limited exposure to or knowledge of, they have people out here in the free world (parents, siblings, children, other family members, friends, rivals and haters) often times standing in the shadows with this look or this vibe that is hurtful and intrudes upon the privacy or the feelings of one of you:

“Are you out of mind, girl??!!”

“Wow, she must be desperate to do something like that.”

“What’s wrong, can’t you find a real man out here?”

I know….I know all about it. And what is the real truth about what makes an MWI an MWI on this side of the razor wire? You march to the beat of different drummer that defies and goes beyond the norms of society and what we are in midst of here in the free world. Some people can’t be happy when someone else dresses a little bit different or looks a little bit different or thinks a little bit different or does things a little bit different or looks for love in a different place supposedly where angels fear to tread.

Little do the haters, the hypocrites and the hustle clucks of this life know…MWIs and many PTO members are the angels that fear not to tread….you are the living angels that walk the earth. Have you ever seen an angel? I’ve never seen an angel. Have you ever seen a demon? I’ve never seen a demon. No wait a minute, I take that back. I had to report for parole last week and I saw a bunch of demons that work for the state that hang out there.

You are our angels…real angels…..real live angels….not to do with some pretty words you read from a book when you’re having a rainy day on the inside. You are our angels and because of you, the demons within that we struggle with….you make the fight we have within ourselves something that is more manageable. The world is a better place because of you. Our world in prison, especially. I’ve never seen an angel in heaven, but I know that you are the living angels that walk the earth.

And I don’t make this stuff up as I go or am in need of something dramatic to say. I’ve been doing thing called time in prison, parole, recidivism and living as a witness to the hardships of prison upon other family members and friends all my life. All my life. I’ve forgotten more about prison than some people who are there right now will ever know.

We need each other in this life and when it comes to the prison experience itself…we’re all in this together. It’s important for one to do their part for the sake of helping someone to stay out of harm’s way. God bless all living angels and especially you.

Last edited by Firebrand; 02-11-2020 at 07:16 AM.. Reason: grammer
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Firebrand For This Useful Post:
408MoonGem (02-13-2020), BearsLadyBear (02-11-2020), cathy678 (02-14-2020), Emilygale (02-12-2020), fbopnomore (02-13-2020), Hurley123 (02-15-2020), lolo21216 (02-11-2020)
Old 02-13-2020, 02:01 PM
Lifer Found Suitable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post

Prison is the one place where you don’t have to go look for trouble to find it. It’s right there waiting on you when you get up in the morning. Prison is the closest thing to hell on earth.

Action speaks louder than words. If I really love you, I try to find a way to add to your life from inside of prison not just you adding to my life. If I really love you, I go the extra mile to make you feel good instead of always being in need of you making my life easier. If I really love you, I want to know as much or maybe more about you and not always be in need of being heard or having to be the center of attention in the time we spend together or what I write about in my letters to you.

I love reading you out!

The 1st section I've highlighted out of your post had my head shaking and my eyes super sweaty as I recall having to actually live hell, in my own home - prison to me, was a vacation... growing up I woke up to trouble in my home I was verbally and physically abused by a victim of similar abuse... I do agree prison has a variety of hell in constant urge to destruct, very sad & difficult place to be, for sure! Prison saved me though and helped mold the gal I am today / becoming... sounds like prison saved you too!

The 2nd section I've highlighted, really had me crying... it pains me to think of anyone providing less; for whatever their reasons are

Great Post!

Last edited by 408MoonGem; 02-13-2020 at 02:38 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to 408MoonGem For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (02-13-2020)
Old 02-13-2020, 05:32 PM
The Cowtown Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 408MoonGem View Post
I love reading you out!

The 1st section I've highlighted out of your post had my head shaking and my eyes super sweaty as I recall having to actually live hell, in my own home - prison to me, was a vacation... growing up I woke up to trouble in my home I was verbally and physically abused by a victim of similar abuse... I do agree prison has a variety of hell in constant urge to destruct, very sad & difficult place to be, for sure! Prison saved me though and helped mold the gal I am today / becoming... sounds like prison saved you too!

The 2nd section I've highlighted, really had me crying... it pains me to think of anyone providing less; for whatever their reasons are

Great Post!

You're a sweetheart. Don't be sad. It all works out in the end. We're all in this together....even the ones that don't so. We're all in this together
408MoonGem (02-18-2020)
Old 02-13-2020, 06:40 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,246 Times in 2,172 Posts

For some reason I'm not worried at all... color me extra stupid but he's in his 27th year of incarceration and he's got a great support system with his family and me and he seems solid and smart and able. But I know this could all change once out but then I think his support system is right there with him like the last 27 years and me like the last 5 years and he'll be fine. He has a PhD, he's on his second book, his Mom & Dad are tigers and I'm just plain stubborn and old
He won't be falling hard as in financial but I believe he will need extensive therapy and help, he missed more than a quarter century on the outside, he needs to deal with the "shock" of it all.
I promised him to be there to support him, I don't have expectations towards him like marriage but I do want to see him naked
4Bobby (02-14-2020), Cutepixie (02-15-2020), Firebrand (02-13-2020), Visitor611 (02-14-2020)
Old 02-13-2020, 06:43 PM
The Cowtown Moderator

Default Tell It Like It Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzyMuffling View Post
For some reason I'm not worried at all... color me extra stupid but he's in his 27th year of incarceration and he's got a great support system with his family and me and he seems solid and smart and able. But I know this could all change once out but then I think his support system is right there with him like the last 27 years and me like the last 5 years and he'll be fine. He has a PhD, he's on his second book, his Mom & Dad are tigers and I'm just plain stubborn and old
He won't be falling hard as in financial but I believe he will need extensive therapy and help, he missed more than a quarter century on the outside, he needs to deal with the "shock" of it all.
I promised him to be there to support him, I don't have expectations towards him like marriage but I do want to see him naked
Ha! Ha! I like that "I want to see him naked". Tell it like it is MizzyMuffling. He's blessed to have a good woman like you in his life.
Cutepixie (02-15-2020), MizzyMuffling (02-13-2020)
Old 02-13-2020, 07:22 PM
❤️784❤️

As a newly MWI person (just a year into it) I enjoy reading what everyone says regarding these relationships. Not every one is the same but they all start out the same. We all started out just writing to someone not expecting it to turn into something more.

I knew quickly that's where it was headed with T. Not because I wanted it, but I just felt it. He makes me the center of his world when we talk. At this last visit, he instantly asked how my sister, mom, and aunt's were doing. Constantly telling me how strong I am for finishing school and to keep at it. There has never been an instance where he's done or said anything that would make me think he's insincere or not interested. Sure he's got some self worth issues, but after close to 16 years behind bars, who wouldn't. Hell, just recently he only asked me if I could buy him a book on Amazon and have it sent. The first and only time he's asked me for anything. Maybe I got lucky, but truth is I really won't know until he's released. Even then, we'll be doing long distance as he will be back in Southern California while I am in Northern California.

However I can say without a doubt that I love this man. And while he may not be able to say those words because of his own demons, I know he feels it. We'll see what happens in 13 1/2 months.

All I've thought about after the last visit is jumping his bones.

The Following User Says Thank You to AnieLove56 For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (02-13-2020)
Old 02-13-2020, 07:35 PM
The Cowtown Moderator

Default Diamonds In The Rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnieLove56 View Post
As a newly MWI person (just a year into it) I enjoy reading what everyone says regarding these relationships. Not every one is the same but they all start out the same. We all started out just writing to someone not expecting it to turn into something more.

I knew quickly that's where it was headed with T. Not because I wanted it, but I just felt it. He makes me the center of his world when we talk. At this last visit, he instantly asked how my sister, mom, and aunt's were doing. Constantly telling me how strong I am for finishing school and to keep at it. There has never been an instance where he's done or said anything that would make me think he's insincere or not interested. Sure he's got some self worth issues, but after close to 16 years behind bars, who wouldn't. Hell, just recently he only asked me if I could buy him a book on Amazon and have it sent. The first and only time he's asked me for anything. Maybe I got lucky, but truth is I really won't know until he's released. Even then, we'll be doing long distance as he will be back in Southern California while I am in Northern California.

However I can say without a doubt that I love this man. And while he may not be able to say those words because of his own demons, I know he feels it. We'll see what happens in 13 1/2 months.

All I've thought about after the last visit is jumping his bones.
He sound's like a really, good guy, AnieLove56. He's been down for a long time...16 years. Man....that's a drop in the hat for sure. And like him, the women that have been in my life when I was doing time, I too was more interested in your world and what goes on that was to be said about the one that I lived in. Prison is prison, no matter whether it's up north or down south or out west or out east. Prison is hell. It's more what you make it each day, but....you know what I'm saying. And for those like my older sibling that are faced with life sentences that may very well never result in freedom never be afforded to them.....God help them. If you don't have the hope of ever getting out, that's a burden I don't want any part of. My greatest fear is going back to prison to die and my greatest undertaking is to stay out and never return there. You've got a good thing going and he is blessed to have you.

Last edited by Firebrand; 02-13-2020 at 07:36 PM.. Reason: grammer
Old 02-13-2020, 08:07 PM
❤️784❤️

Quote:
He sound's like a really, good guy, AnieLove56. He's been down for a long time...16 years. Man....that's a drop in the hat for sure. And like him, the women that have been in my life when I was doing time, I too was more interested in your world and what goes on that was to be said about the one that I lived in. Prison is prison, no matter whether it's up north or down south or out west or out east. Prison is hell. It's more what you make it each day, but....you know what I'm saying. And for those like my older sibling that are faced with life sentences that may very well never result in freedom never be afforded to them.....God help them. If you don't have the hope of ever getting out, that's a burden I don't want any part of. My greatest fear is going back to prison to die and my greatest undertaking is to stay out and never return there. You've got a good thing going and he is blessed to have you.

T absolutely does not want to go back. He's so ready to be out and regaining his life. He's already been accepted to a college program, has a possible job waiting for him through one of his sisters, and he'll have 4 AA degrees when he gets out. This man, has done everything he can to better himself. But he's also worried about how much things have changed and other people. He was like I expect them to be assholes. He's 6'6, bald white guy with a lot of tattoos (a good chunk gang related, which he's getting covered), but he knows it's going to be a long long road to a new life.

Old 02-13-2020, 09:57 PM
The Cowtown Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnieLove56 View Post
T absolutely does not want to go back. He's so ready to be out and regaining his life. He's already been accepted to a college program, has a possible job waiting for him through one of his sisters, and he'll have 4 AA degrees when he gets out. This man, has done everything he can to better himself. But he's also worried about how much things have changed and other people. He was like I expect them to be assholes. He's 6'6, bald white guy with a lot of tattoos (a good chunk gang related, which he's getting covered), but he knows it's going to be a long long road to a new life.
For him right now and for all of us that are or were faced with “I’m in prison on the inside looking out”…….some of what he anticipates is real, but much of it is a projected look way too far down the road into potential situations with people, places and things that are not entirely accurate. You can’t be mentally where you are not actually/physically at the moment. The time inside prison can be too much when it comes to problem solving situations that have not yet come along or revealed themselves.
Where the rubber meets the road with many of us when we get out is to do with “can you ride the storms out that come along?” Sobriety, mental health issues, employment, housing, finances, parole if you have to deal with that, transportation, relationships…….all that stuff will take care of itself one day at a time if you can ride the storm out each day and he can. It’s more a matter of will he?
I am not the shining example of someone who has accomplished those things on many days. I really thought when I got out of prison in 2006 as long as you work for what is yours, don’t steal, don’t rob and make the most of it each…..it’s all good. And, it can be, but the thing that trips me up and many of us who get out, are the storms that come along that are often times unforeseen and confusing. People make me crazy like Leon Russell once sang in a song (Out In The Woods)….it’s a great song too. But….like rule 62 states somewhere in A.A. ……….don’t take yourself too seriously and it’s hard to do that for guys like T and me. We try too hard and hopefully we won’t drive ourselves crazy or the ones closest to us that way, either.
Concerns about all that has changed since T got locked up? What has changed? Things are always changing and yet in many ways and on many days…….they haven’t changed at all. Tattoos….a big guy….bald……I’ve seen 20 people that fit that description this week alone. He’s not alone and he’s not all that different from a number of people out here. He’ll fit right in if only he’ll allow himself to. He’ll be fine.
And…..it’s different when you get out and no one is there. It’s way different. By you being a part of his life when he gets out…..that is a huge plus. I’ve gotten out with someone there and I’ve gotten out with no one there and to do it alone…..it’s hard. It’s very hard.
408MoonGem (02-18-2020)
Old 02-14-2020, 12:45 AM
❤️784❤️

Angry

Quote:
Concerns about all that has changed since T got locked up? What has changed? Things are always changing and yet in many ways and on many days…….they haven’t changed at all. Tattoos….a big guy….bald……I’ve seen 20 people that fit that description this week alone. He’s not alone and he’s not all that different from a number of people out here. He’ll fit right in if only he’ll allow himself to. He’ll be fine.
And…..it’s different when you get out and no one is there. It’s way different. By you being a part of his life when he gets out…..that is a huge plus. I’ve gotten out with someone there and I’ve gotten out with no one there and to do it alone…..it’s hard. It’s very hard.
The changes would be all the technology changes and advancements. I'm not too worried about him with things, except maybe his own head and thoughts. He recently told me that "my thoughts are my sanity and they are insane, which is ironic"

I know he's gonna be hard on himself, and he still has a lot of mistrust in certain people in his life. I'm not gonna lie, hoping that just by staying by his side that the walls will crumble. Slowly they are falling.

The Following User Says Thank You to AnieLove56 For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (02-14-2020)
Old 02-14-2020, 08:36 AM
Green Eyed Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzyMuffling View Post
Girl, you always make me smile.

Old 02-15-2020, 11:02 PM

Quote:
I think the real reason why I started this thread is to with the fact that “I don’t everything…I don’t necessarily know what’s best for you and on many days, I may not even know what’s best for me, but I know this: I know what trouble looks like and I know what it’s like for someone new that comes along whether they’re in prison doing time or they’re out here and they’re getting started on a relationship with someone on the other side of the razor wire.” I know what that’s about.

It’s wrong to not say something or not be of help to someone who is “innocent” for lack of a better way to put it. You know what I’m saying. Sometimes…..there are mindsets and mental mannerisms that follow us from prison, those of us that have done time that are lame. The “I’m just gonna do my little ole’ time and stay out of the way…mind my own business” way of approaching life in general. I am guilty of that type thinking and on several occasions thought to myself and of myself “why didn’t you say something or do something to help that person” whether it be in prison to do with a life on life’s terms prison matter or out here in the free world. “You knew what was about to happen and you just stood there and let it happen. Treat people the way you want to be treated. Wouldn’t you want someone to forewarn you or lace you up as it’s put in some circles to do with a potential problem?” Love your neighbor as yourself.

MWIs on this side of the razor wire are not just embarking on a relationship with someone that they have limited exposure to or knowledge of, they have people out here in the free world (parents, siblings, children, other family members, friends, rivals and haters) often times standing in the shadows with this look or this vibe that is hurtful and intrudes upon the privacy or the feelings of one of you:

“Are you out of mind, girl??!!”

“Wow, she must be desperate to do something like that.”

“What’s wrong, can’t you find a real man out here?”

I know….I know all about it. And what is the real truth about what makes an MWI an MWI on this side of the razor wire? You march to the beat of different drummer that defies and goes beyond the norms of society and what we are in midst of here in the free world. Some people can’t be happy when someone else dresses a little bit different or looks a little bit different or thinks a little bit different or does things a little bit different or looks for love in a different place supposedly where angels fear to tread.

Little do the haters, the hypocrites and the hustle clucks of this life know…MWIs and many PTO members are the angels that fear not to tread….you are the living angels that walk the earth. Have you ever seen an angel? I’ve never seen an angel. Have you ever seen a demon? I’ve never seen a demon. No wait a minute, I take that back. I had to report for parole last week and I saw a bunch of demons that work for the state that hang out there.

You are our angels…real angels…..real live angels….not to do with some pretty words you read from a book when you’re having a rainy day on the inside. You are our angels and because of you, the demons within that we struggle with….you make the fight we have within ourselves something that is more manageable. The world is a better place because of you. Our world in prison, especially. I’ve never seen an angel in heaven, but I know that you are the living angels that walk the earth.

And I don’t make this stuff up as I go or am in need of something dramatic to say. I’ve been doing thing called time in prison, parole, recidivism and living as a witness to the hardships of prison upon other family members and friends all my life. All my life. I’ve forgotten more about prison than some people who are there right now will ever know.

We need each other in this life and when it comes to the prison experience itself…we’re all in this together. It’s important for one to do their part for the sake of helping someone to stay out of harm’s way. God bless all living angels and especially you.
I have never felt so grateful for a post as I do this one! Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You state the reasons I continue to be in this type of relationship. (Almost 3 years now) I'm trying to keep his heart alive. That's it...that's all. Again I say Thank You!
The Following User Says Thank You to Hurley123 For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (02-16-2020)
Old 02-16-2020, 10:08 AM
The Cowtown Moderator

Default Language of the heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley123 View Post
I have never felt so grateful for a post as I do this one! Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You state the reasons I continue to be in this type of relationship. (Almost 3 years now) I'm trying to keep his heart alive. That's it...that's all. Again I say Thank You!
To keep the heart alive we have to speak/listen to the language of the heart. One of the negatives that can happen in the course of MWI relationships is all the effort put forth to bridge the gap that exists between the free world on this side of the razor wire and prison on that side of the razor wire. You have to be willing to do an awful lot that is taken for granted on some days. So much so, you become a human doing instead of a human being. A human doing what? Writing letters instead of talking to your soulmate face to face. The same thing goes with phone calls. You’re bridging a gap that is difficult and lacking in the face to face, human touch/contact that’s needed in a relationship. You’re putting miles on the car, burning up gas, and spending money all for the sake of bridging the gap. Sometimes, what you get in return for that is just a tease in the face of what you really need. You need him here with you and yet he is not.
The language of the heart is like a lighthouse on the shore that helps you to take stock of where you’re going where you’re lost, lonely and question whether the effort put forth in the MWI scenario is really worth it all. And it doesn’t matter who speaks the language of the heart. Your soul knows what is spoken when it hears. Its spiritual food and nourishment that you have to have in order for things to work out, especially for angels. It’s hard work being the angels that you are, but…….somebody’s got to do it.
Cutepixie (02-16-2020), Hurley123 (02-20-2020)
Old 02-23-2020, 10:08 PM

I have enjoyed reading all of your posts. It’s helped me re-evaluate some of the things that I am thinking about.