Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Parents with Children in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Parents with Children in Prison For the parents of prisoners

Old 09-04-2016, 05:02 PM

Default Mommaofinmate Ohio

I am a new mom to a child in prison. My daughter is 21. She was sentenced to 18 months for trafficking drugs. 2 f4s and 2 f5s. My daughter has never had more than a misdemeanor. She took the blame for drug paraphernalia for an.ex boyfriend when she was 18 because if he had been arrested he would've gotten prison time. It has come to bit her in the butt. Had she not done that she may have gotten judicial release after 30 days. Now she has to spend at least 80 percent of her sentence. She took responsibility for her actions which I'm proud of. She sold to a friend who also had sold to her. The friend wired up to get her felonies taken off. I'm in no way excusing what she did. I myself hate drugs and she knows that. I am.just scared for her. I keep hearing and reading how bad Marysville prison is. I just can't wait to see her and hug her. She was in county for 65 days and we couldn't even hug her. My emotions are everywhere. I'm so scared for her..
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2016, 08:11 PM

Mommaofinmate,

I'm so sorry for what has happened with your daughter. I know you are scared for her and sad for what has happened. It takes a strong parent, and especially a strong mother, to navigate through the "justice" system and the grief of being away from your child. First of all, please know you are not alone. We parents have different reasons and circumstances that bring us here, but we all know the same helpless feeling and roller coaster of emotions that accompany this journey. You have support here, please come back often even if it is just to read about other's struggles. You will see you are not alone and that we all understand what you are going through.
For now, take it a day at a time and give yourself time to cry, get angry, and sometimes, just feel numb. Its normal, and let yourself feel what you need to. Find someone you trust to confide in, whether that be a good friend or therapist. Take care of yourself, try to keep a regular schedule as much as you can and get enough sleep. You will be strong for your daughter! Saying a prayer for you both now,

Tatonkawia
lizlizzie2 (09-11-2016)
Old 09-05-2016, 08:45 AM

Tatonkawia,
Thank you for your reply. I am starting to confide in a fri3nd much more who has also went through this struggle. It definitely is a roller coaster ride. For the 1st 2 weeks of her being in county I had to force myself to eat and sleep. Now that she's been in Marysville since the 1sr I'm going through it all over again. I am surrounding myself with my grandchildren to help ease the depression. It is starting to help but my granddaughter woke up with a chicken pox rash this morning to which I have never had so she had to go home. 1 more thing to worry about. Your post helped me greatly. Thank you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mommaofinmate For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (09-05-2016), tatonkawia (09-05-2016)
Old 09-07-2016, 06:35 AM
Bars cannot keep out God

Thanked 22,988 Times in 6,341 Posts

Sorry for the hurt and worry you're going through. Geez I wonder how you missed getting chicken pox as a kid. We all had that. Imagine seven kids all covered at the same time.

Soon you'll hug your daughter. That will be wonderful. You and she will get through this.

The Following User Says Thank You to jancy For This Useful Post:
tatonkawia (09-07-2016)
Old 09-07-2016, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jancy View Post
Sorry for the hurt and worry you're going through. Geez I wonder how you missed getting chicken pox as a kid. We all had that. Imagine seven kids all covered at the same time.

Soon you'll hug your daughter. That will be wonderful. You and she will get through this.

Lol Jancy all 3 of my kids had it at the same time and I still never got it. My immune system was awesome then. I hardly ever got sick but with my depression now and having a cold my immune system is compromised. Im.doing better. It's not bad at all. A few on my chest, 1 on inside crease of knee and 3 on my arm. Using my doterra oils to keep it at bay and keeping the itching down has helped.. on a happy note, I get to see my daughter Saturday. Just gotta make sure my spots are dried up first. 3 are already just need a few more to.. I'm getting pretty excited to hug my daughter
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mommaofinmate For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (09-07-2016), tatonkawia (09-07-2016)