Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MARYLAND > Maryland General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Maryland General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Maryland that do not fit into any other Maryland sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 03-21-2018, 12:13 PM

Default How to calculate jail credit for sentences in Maryland?

Hello and thanks for reading this,

A friend of mine is serving time for 2 cases both are 13 month sentences which are served concurrently. He has jail credit of 339 days for one and 223 days for the other.

It would be a big help for me to know how his time is adjusted given the above jail credit. I am not sure how to figure the number of days per month.

I would appreciate someone walking through the process of calculating his release date for me.

Regards,
Marstel
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2018, 12:36 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,650 Times in 13,588 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. If he is in a Maryland jail/prison, here's a link to a report to your legislature about jail credit.
http://dls.maryland.gov/pubs/prod/Co...on-Credits.pdf

You can also google either the State or the County where he is incarcerated for "sentence diminution credits" or frequently asked questions.
Old 04-21-2018, 10:00 PM

Is he in county or DOC? Because they both monitor credits differently.