Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEVADA > Nevada Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Info
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Nevada Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Info This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Nevada.

Old 03-13-2017, 09:28 PM

Default Transfer to Ely: when will he be able to use the phone/send & receive mail?

Hi all. I had my family member transfer from Idaho Ad-Seg into Ely this week. The transfer had been in the works for a while and they had been threatening him but it came overnight with no notice. I've some professional experience with criminal law and am aware for security reasons - no one is notified of these transfers until they occur.

We've learned he's been in isolation since Friday and he was given a 5 minute phone call yesterday. Does anyone have an idea how long it will take for him to be able to send/receive mail and use the phone?

We've been emailing and mailing him in Carson City while he was awaiting the final trip to Ely but now no contact at all.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2017, 10:30 AM
Je ne regrette rien
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,445 Times in 740 Posts

Hello and welcome to Prison Talk! I gave you your own thread in this forum so that you will hopefully get more responses
Old 03-14-2017, 10:03 PM

He should be able to receive and send mail no matter his level of custody. Sometimes, with transfers, it takes a while for the mail to get to the new facility, so I recommend you try to be patient although I realize that is easier said than done.
∴CHERRY*BOMB∴ (03-16-2017)
Old 03-15-2017, 03:13 AM

He will be able to receive and send mail and they will forward his mail from his last facility. You can also carry on emailing him. It might take a while before he can phone but I'm sure he will call when he can. Nobody is ever told about transfers as you know its for security reasons. They may have told him during the night to roll up.
The Following User Says Thank You to judiwoo For This Useful Post:
∴CHERRY*BOMB∴ (03-16-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 12:58 AM

Default Emails

Quote:
Originally Posted by judiwoo View Post
He will be able to receive and send mail and they will forward his mail from his last facility. You can also carry on emailing him. It might take a while before he can phone but I'm sure he will call when he can. Nobody is ever told about transfers as you know its for security reasons. They may have told him during the night to roll up.
Thank you so much for your reply. I reached out to Family Services and haven't received a response yet. So glad to hear he can get my mail.

However, the emails have NOT gone through since his transfer. They were printed each day in Carson City.

He's had 12 pending since he arrive at Ely. Any insight? He said under no circumstances are we to call the prison but I'm tempted to phone the facility regarding the emails if they should be going through.