Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Georgia Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 08-07-2014, 06:51 PM

Default Taking a 7 month old to visitation

What are the rules/limits to baby items when taking an infant to visitation? My hubby's visitation is from 9-1 and I want to have enough stuff to last. Bottles, diapers, wipes etc. He hasn't seen the kids in 3 months, and hasn't had any contact with them in 6 (all visits have been non contact), so I want to have enough supplies that he gets to spend every minute with them without getting in trouble.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:01 PM

Thanked 5,984 Times in 3,114 Posts

It should tell you on your State DOC web site. There should be a list on what you can bring in.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:48 AM

Default Visitation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj'swife View Post
What are the rules/limits to baby items when taking an infant to visitation? My hubby's visitation is from 9-1 and I want to have enough stuff to last. Bottles, diapers, wipes etc. He hasn't seen the kids in 3 months, and hasn't had any contact with them in 6 (all visits have been non contact), so I want to have enough supplies that he gets to spend every minute with them without getting in trouble.
Visitors can only bring into the facility items identified by the facility (i.e., identification card, car keys) No food or drink will be brought into the facility from the outside other than bottled formula or like store-bought products for babies.

If you have any additional questions, please contact the facility or Ombudsman Unit at 478-992-5358 or email: Ombudsman@dcor.state.ga.us
Thanks,
Old 08-21-2014, 07:08 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,034 Times in 16,159 Posts

Yes, there are baby suppiles you can bring with you.....please call the facility directly and ask what those items are. Then please post in this thread what those items are so we'll know next time someone asks

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 08-23-2014, 02:55 PM

Ok guys, sorry for delayed response... I never could get a straight answer from any at the prison, other than bottle, diapers and wipes were ok. I was looking more for a limit on these items... but the first time I went, I took two bottles, three diapers, and a few loose wipes in a ziplock bag and they let me right in no questions asked. Today I was told I could only take 1 diaper, 1 bottle, and a couple of wipes in, but I was allowed to leave the rest at the front and go back for more supplies as needed. Mind you, he is at a county camp, so there is only one checkpoint. BOTTOM LINE: call the prison to see if you can get a straight answer, because obviously depending on the prison and the guards on duty, it changes. I would imagine at a bigger prison with more checkpoints the policy would be different.
xolady (08-23-2014)