Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Rehabilitation Center (CRC) - Norco
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Rehabilitation Center (CRC) - Norco Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the California Rehabilitation Center (CRC) located in Norco, California.

Old 07-23-2015, 01:23 PM
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 21,967 Times in 7,794 Posts
Default CRC Sending Packages, Magazines and Books

Questions about sending quarterly packages, magazines and books belong here.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2016, 05:25 PM

Smile Schedule for sending packages to new inmate

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
Questions about sending quarterly packages, magazines and books belong here.
My son just arrived 2 days ago. How long is it before I can send a package?

Thanks,
Old 05-22-2016, 01:40 PM
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 21,967 Times in 7,794 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
My son just arrived 2 days ago. How long is it before I can send a package?

Thanks,
To the best of my knowledge he needs to have a housing assignment. At least, I would wait until then. It's so easy for things to get "lost" as it is, I'd want to up the odds that everything got to him.

Packages are ordered through approved vendors and a list can be found here. When you enter his CDC# it will have you verify his housing and then show you a catalogue of items. Every security level and facility has approved (and disallowed) items, and the vendor will not allow you to order things he isn't permitted to have. They usually want hygiene and food (protein and snacks). Packages are limited by weight and it will cap you at the weight limit. Certain electronics, like tv's, are considered special orders and do not count against the quarterly package. It takes anywhere from three to eight weeks for them to get their packages.

I've personally used Access Securepak and Union with good results.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Cardinal (05-22-2016), HisSoul (05-31-2016), sidewalker (05-23-2016)
Old 05-25-2016, 08:01 AM

Default Packages

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
To the best of my knowledge he needs to have a housing assignment. At least, I would wait until then. It's so easy for things to get "lost" as it is, I'd want to up the odds that everything got to him.

Packages are ordered through approved vendors and a list can be found here. When you enter his CDC# it will have you verify his housing and then show you a catalogue of items. Every security level and facility has approved (and disallowed) items, and the vendor will not allow you to order things he isn't permitted to have. They usually want hygiene and food (protein and snacks). Packages are limited by weight and it will cap you at the weight limit. Certain electronics, like tv's, are considered special orders and do not count against the quarterly package. It takes anywhere from three to eight weeks for them to get them
I've personally used Access Securepak and Union with good results.
Thank you so much. The last time I checked, he is still listed at NKSP on the Access Securepak site. I guess I will just have to wait it out.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:27 PM

Is he in "reception", or has he gone through reception at another facility and now has just been transferred to his "home" facility?

If he has just entered the State Prison system (versus "jail") then it could be several months before he is eligible for a quarterly package. Meanwhile, you can put money on his commissary account so he can buy essentials that he might need, and you can send him stationary supplies.

California state prisons allow inmates to receive blank paper, envelopes and stamps through the mail. I believe that the limits are two books of stamps, 40 envelopes and 200 sheets of paper, but also a limit of less than 1 pound on the package. If they are in reception, however, the limits are less and can vary with the facility, so I would recommend one book of stamps, 10 envelopes and 20 sheets of paper. You can stuff all that into an oversize envelope, slap a few stamps on it and send it to him.

R. Mc.
The Following User Says Thank You to rmc50 For This Useful Post:
Cardinal (06-01-2016)
Old 06-01-2016, 07:44 AM

Default CRC eligibility for packages

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc50 View Post
Is he in "reception", or has he gone through reception at another facility and now has just been transferred to his "home" facility?

If he has just entered the State Prison system (versus "jail") then it could be several months before he is eligible for a quarterly package. Meanwhile, you can put money on his commissary account so he can buy essentials that he might need, and you can send him stationary supplies.

California state prisons allow inmates to receive blank paper, envelopes and stamps through the mail. I believe that the limits are two books of stamps, 40 envelopes and 200 sheets of paper, but also a limit of less than 1 pound on the package. If they are in reception, however, the limits are less and can vary with the facility, so I would recommend one book of stamps, 10 envelopes and 20 sheets of paper. You can stuff all that into an oversize envelope, slap a few stamps on it and send it to him.

R. Mc.
He already completed reception at NKSP Delano. This is his mainline at least for now. (CRC) he arrived at CRC on May 18th. Still today he is listed at the Access Securepak website as ineligible to receive packages. I am not sure why. He talked to us last night about what he needs. I guess I can call the Access Securepak company and/or CRC to see what is up. I may do that today. I do have his full permanent address now. What do you think is going on. Thanks for the reply!
Old 06-07-2016, 10:23 AM

I sent my Son his first Quarterly package yesterday. Thank you all for your help. He actually mailed me an order form from Walkenhorsts. It was really helpful. Some things were out of stock but I know he will appreciate anything he gets. We are visiting him on the 18th and 19th of June. We are really blessed to be able to see him on Fathers Day and to receive two weekend days to visit because we travel over 2000 miles from PA. Everyone at CRC, Norco has been ver helpful so far. I created a new VPass account without any problem. We made our flight plans and just need to make the hotel reservations. I'm excited to see him!
We've come a long way and we still have quite a way to go, but for now, it's getting a bit easier. Phone calls have helped, too!
Thank you PTO for supporting me since November. 😊
sidewalker (06-10-2016)
Old 06-10-2016, 07:20 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,703 Times in 15,333 Posts

So glad things are settling for you guys.
I was thinking that the reason it didnt show him as eligible was they have to go thru *orientation* (not sure how long that is, but maybe like 2 weeks?)
and that could have been the reason, either that or they hadnt updated things yet.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
Cardinal (06-26-2016)
Old 06-27-2016, 07:19 AM

Default Package delivered on his Birthday

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
So glad things are settling for you guys.
I was thinking that the reason it didnt show him as eligible was they have to go thru *orientation* (not sure how long that is, but maybe like 2 weeks?)
and that could have been the reason, either that or they hadnt updated things yet.
I just wanted to tell you that my Son's first package arrived on his Birthday! The timing was perfect?
Old 07-02-2016, 07:09 PM

Default Who/what does R&R stand for?

The information I read said to contact R&R to get prior permission for special packages. Who/what is R&R?
Old 07-02-2016, 07:39 PM

Thanked 1,451 Times in 904 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
The information I read said to contact R&R to get prior permission for special packages. Who/what is R&R?
R&R= Receiving and Release..
The Following User Says Thank You to HisSoul For This Useful Post:
Cardinal (07-02-2016)
Old 07-05-2016, 06:56 PM

Default No answer at Norco receiving

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisSoul View Post
R&R= Receiving and Release..
I have three extensions for Norco receiving but tried all day and no answer.
Old 07-05-2016, 07:02 PM

Default Commissary privileges at Norco question

I have a question about commissary. My son arrived on May 18th. He still is not eligible to go to store for the full amount for the month. Does this seem right? He said because he doesn't have a "job" yet, he is not eligible for the full amount but only half commissary pull. He said he's on a waiting list for a job, but they will still not give him full commissary.

Tell me please if this sounds right. I searched for the proper thread for this question. I hope I didn't make a mistake.
Thanks