Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status All discussions relating to specific Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison units, Texas State Jails & Private prisons, and County Jails.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:30 PM

Default Needing visitation, commisary and unit info for Johnston Texas Prison Unit

My brother was transported to I think the Johnston SAFEP unit in Winnsboro today. I was wondering when will I know for sure where he was sent. When will visitations start and how does the commisary work. And what is the unit like. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2012, 07:58 PM

You can google Texas inmate search it will take you to tdcj.com to make sure he has been moved to Johnston and to find out his tdcj number.

Once you know his number - then goto to jpay.com and register and select your inmate (sorry I could not remember if is was your brother or some other significant other - my kids are talking to much for me to concentrate). Once you register him on jpay then you can send money and send him an email.

He must have you on his visitation list for you to visit and the information on your drivers license must match. I don't have more information about visiting because I have not gone to visit, yet. I do know that the family meeting is in Saturday and you goto it for two hours and then get your two visit.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepgab View Post
You can google Texas inmate search it will take you to tdcj.com to make sure he has been moved to Johnston and to find out his tdcj number.

Once you know his number - then goto to jpay.com and register and select your inmate (sorry I could not remember if is was your brother or some other significant other - my kids are talking to much for me to concentrate). Once you register him on jpay then you can send money and send him an email.

He must have you on his visitation list for you to visit and the information on your drivers license must match. I don't have more information about visiting because I have not gone to visit, yet. I do know that the family meeting is in Saturday and you goto it for two hours and then get your two visit.

If he just left this Tuesday do they have to go through a process time before you can write them. How long before you hear from them? Do they have to wait so long before they get to get commissary. Just trying to find out some information. Thank you so much.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:48 PM

If he is in on the tdcj site and has a number you can write him. I got a letter within days of him being moved. If he does not have money in his Comminsary they will give he some stamps and letter stuff. Not a lot but enough for him to write. If you have him on jpay you can send him money quickly. Also it takes them 45 days to phase up to get to buy fiid from the Comminsary. My DH just jaded up.