Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status All discussions relating to specific Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison units, Texas State Jails & Private prisons, and County Jails.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:59 PM
Doing time with Levi

Default Son is being moved from unit to unit/Need info on Darrington TX Prison Unit

Intro--Hello, my son is being moved from unit to unit for some reason. Now he is in the Darrington Unit Texas. Can anyone tell me about this unit? thank you
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2012, 10:03 PM
Doing time with Levi

Default Levi's Mom

I am so confused about all the moving around. Does anyone understand this? He was 3 hours away now he is over 6 hours away.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:24 AM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,699 Times in 17,388 Posts

If its any consolation (which its not), the DOC does the same thing in Kentucky. I think they do it because they can and to justify their budget. Its our tax dollars at work. JMHO.

I've moved your thread to the Texas sub-forum for that facility (Darrington) so you can find the info you need

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 09-05-2012, 06:29 AM

Thanked 11,114 Times in 6,009 Posts

Without knowing where he was previously, it is either a move for assignment (DA has a significant number of 'assigned men') or it could just be transient pass-through. TDCJ runs transportation on a hub-and-spoke basis due to the size of the agency and the fact that their drivers are subject to the same regulations for time on the road as traditional over-the-road commercial drivers.

As a result, and as an example, you will see people who may have been at a south Texas unit go through Garza enroute to Darrington enroute to the Huntsville area enroute elsewhere. Same thing applies for people moving south from a northern unit of assignment. You will find some on PTO that want to derisively call it the 'Texas Tour' because they refuse to acknowledge that the use of several units in the transfer process is due precisely to federal regulations associated with driver (and therefore cargo/passenger) safety...

If he is a pass-through, he will only be at DA for a few days in most circumstances...
Old 09-05-2012, 05:06 PM

My husband is at Darrington and I would be happy to answer any questions you have. Do you want to know about visitation or something else?
Old 09-05-2012, 05:51 PM
Doing time with Levi

thank all of you for answering my questions. And he is on the move. He is now at Beeville. Still moving. He went from witchita falls, To Abilene, To Huntsville, To Darrington, now to Beeville. I know he has got to be so tired of moving around. But at least he is getting to see some different places. God Bless all of you.