Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > Canadian Prison & Criminal Justice Topics > Canada - General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Canada - General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Canada that do not fit into any other Canada sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 07-26-2012, 05:26 PM

It all depends on when a bed becomes available at Frontenac - and there is really no way to predict when that will be. Unfortunately you just have to be patient.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2012, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themom View Post
From Ontario and my son is presently in Millhaven under assessment. Where he will be moved to, unknown, probably Warkwurth (sp???) or Bath. Wait and see I guess.

My son is in Millhaven too under assessment. Been there a few weeks so this is all pretty new to me. Hess we are in the same boat.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:30 PM

Default Millhaven

Hi, my husband waited almost 2 weeks after sentencing to be transferred to mill haven. He just reached his mother institution today actually. There is a huge backlog in all the jails right now. He was at mill haven since march. Your brother will be in assessment the entire time so prepare for 4 months. Then he will be pen placed, the jail where he will spend the duration of his sentence either a med or min security. My husband got a sentence of 8 years for trafficking of fences. He got into a minimum which is good. If there's anything else feel free to ask!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.K.E.G. View Post
Hi all, I'm new to this and trying to get informed fast.
My brother goes to Millhaven next Tuesday...or turns himself in next tuesday,
spends some time (how long we dont know) in a local jail and then to Millhaven.
Thanks to Heliba I am getting some things ready because of her helpful tips.
I am hoping he wont be there for long, although it sounds like 60-90 days is standard. Would he be in the assessment unit the whole time?
The lawyer said the hope is that he gets put in a min ASAP.
His charges are for trafficking, with no violence or previous record.
He took 2 years plus a day.
I dont know how I will even get through one day.

Our last family dinner together is this Sunday, then I will be there on tuesday again for what ever happens then (I actually have no clue what to expect).
I am so scared, so overwhelmed, and so clueless.

My prayers are with all of you going through situations like mine.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:58 PM

I'm in Ontario. My Boyfriend is in St.Lawrence up in Brockville. Anyone got a loved one up there?
Old 08-13-2012, 10:25 PM
One Day at a time! <3

I am in Pembroke ontario, My bf was is OCDC (Ottawa jail) and just recently got transfered to Lindsay!
and wisdom to know the difference.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:04 AM

Default Frontenac

Hello my name is Melissa. My husband is also in Frontenac. I live in St.Catharines Ontario. My husband has been doing time since May 01 2011 and won't be getting out until April 2013. We were newlyweds it's it been a very difficult year and a half. I was seeing him regularly because my girlfriend went to visit her boyfriend in Collins Bay however he just recently got release and now I have no ride to go down there. I've looked into trains which have found each way is around $80 and then have to take a cab from the train station to and from the jail. Buses also are expensive so it's very hard. I was wondering how you are able to get down to see him since ou are from Hamilton. If you drive down to see him I was wondering if you would be willing to car pool with me I would be able to meet you in Hamilton and am willing on paying for food and all of your gas for doing me the favor. Let me know what you think and get back to me thanks a ton hope to talk to you soon Melissa
Old 08-14-2012, 09:54 AM

Try the John Howard Society also. They go to Kingston.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:09 PM

Well Guys, My Guy Started out at EMDC(London, Ontario), Was sent to Toronto East(4 like 4-5 days), Lindsay Jail(For a few days), St.Lawrence Correctional and treatment Centre(For like 2 weeks) And NOW They've shipped him back to EMDC in London because of Medical appointments and say he has to finish out his sentence there. lol well....At least we're back in the same city and I can go visit him now. lol Crazyyyy Thing those Jails.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:47 AM
Broken Hearted

My man just got word that he is being transferred to a mimimum security prison.

Last edited by Rick's Girl Ont; 09-08-2012 at 02:52 AM..
Old 09-09-2012, 06:45 PM

My husband is at CNCC and has 4 months remaining. Hes currently in the "hole". They told him he would be there for 7-10 days and its been 14 already. It was his birthday last week and hasnt recieved any mail. If his in the hole, do they still get their mail?
Old 09-10-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshewko View Post
Hello my name is Melissa. My husband is also in Frontenac. I live in St.Catharines Ontario. My husband has been doing time since May 01 2011 and won't be getting out until April 2013. We were newlyweds it's it been a very difficult year and a half. I was seeing him regularly because my girlfriend went to visit her boyfriend in Collins Bay however he just recently got release and now I have no ride to go down there. I've looked into trains which have found each way is around $80 and then have to take a cab from the train station to and from the jail. Buses also are expensive so it's very hard. I was wondering how you are able to get down to see him since ou are from Hamilton. If you drive down to see him I was wondering if you would be willing to car pool with me I would be able to meet you in Hamilton and am willing on paying for food and all of your gas for doing me the favor. Let me know what you think and get back to me thanks a ton hope to talk to you soon Melissa
Hey Melissa,

Like Sandry said, the John Howard Society of Hamilton low-cost bus to Kingston. It goes twice a month, and will take you from Hamilton to Collins Bay and pick you up.

Also, MegaBus now goes from Toronto to Kingston and the prices are good. I just checked and there are lots of fares under $40 (each way) even for the next weekend.

best wishes
Old 08-26-2013, 02:05 PM

Default OCDC

Good Afternoon everyone, new to the site and hope I a posting in the right area. I have to do some time(not a lot) at OCDC womans section I am just wondering if anyone knows what its like in there or can help ease my fears a bit..any help is appreciated.

Thank you
Old 09-26-2013, 08:59 PM

Red face Transfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayla65 View Post
i'm in ontario and he was too up until about a month ago when he was transferred to quebec
Hello my hubby just started is sentencing in ontario and is hoping to get transfered to quebec,how long did it take for the transfer?
Old 10-01-2013, 07:32 PM

I'm from Waterloo and my man is currently in warkworth, although considering his assessment he really shouldn't be .

I don't know the full scope of everything there but I'm learning slowly. Hit me up if you need info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjai View Post
soo there seems to be a new bunch of members that are mainly from Ontario, so i figured just to make a thread lol. so if you're from Ontario or have your loved one doing time in Ontario, lets talk! ( :

it'll be a lil easier to figure out who to talk to & get information on institutions this way, @ least i think

sooo i'll start off i guess,
im in hamilton & he's currently in Frontenac
but he was in Junit & Bath beforehand so if anyone needs any info about those places, lemme kno!

looking forward to hearing from you all
Old 10-19-2013, 07:11 PM

Hello everyone,

My guy is about to be transferred into the federal system any day now. We both have some serious concern about him being transferred out of Ontario since KP closed...seems to be a serious shortage of beds in Ontario now. Anyone else experiencing this issue?
Old 10-19-2013, 10:02 PM

Because of new laws being passed for longer and "harder" time, and the closure of KP, this has definately made things difficult in Ontario in particular.
I have heard of a lot of guys being transferred out of Ontario, because there are just not enough beds in Ontario. And the conditions in Ontario are getting worse all the time. Double bunking, more beds being added, without increasing the # of phones available or the # of PFVs available are just part of the challenges. My husband and I chose to transfer out of Ontario as a result of all those things and more. It was a good decision, for us.
When he is in reception he will discuss with his PO the best place for him to go based on location of family, availability of programs etc. As you may have read on other posts, CSC claims to hold family contact in high priority, but the reality is that it is in writing only.
Perhaps what you can do, is get to know the commissioners directives, google CSC website and look at their policy. If you can justify staying in Ontario based on those, then you can be prepared to put in a grievance if they do start talking about inter-regional transfer. This will perhaps put you a bit above others who dont do this.
Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to butterflyelle For This Useful Post:
Cookie71 (11-28-2013)
Old 10-27-2013, 08:57 PM

Can anyone pm me and tell me what penetang is like? My boyfriend is getting moved there soon.. I'm so nervous for him to go
Old 11-05-2013, 01:24 PM

Default Hello!

I'm in north bay and my son just landed in penetang.................nice to meet you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelkisses660 View Post
Im in ontario and my man is in penetang
Old 11-05-2013, 01:27 PM

Default Hi

My son just landed there....other than complete boredom and crappy food, its not as bad as they say....**fingers crossed*** its the truth....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye_ View Post
Can anyone pm me and tell me what penetang is like? My boyfriend is getting moved there soon.. I'm so nervous for him to go
Old 11-18-2013, 03:33 PM

Default Collect Calls

Hi!
This is my first time here and also wondering about collect calls from my hubby.... he's in Brockville Jail Ontario atm. and I don't think her is able to get a calling card there. My last bill was $909.00. I've called a few places but they've either dropped Brockville or have put in a request for it....
I did have a long distance plan which I got just for his calls but I was told that the long distance plan didn't cover the collect calls lol
If anyone out there has any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by riffraff; 11-18-2013 at 03:34 PM..
Old 11-19-2013, 01:54 AM

Default calling collect

you can use inside phone 59.95 a month for ont and que heres the site insidephone.ca I hope this helps its unliminted also
Old 11-23-2013, 07:46 AM

Hello Everyone. My man is getting sent to Collins Bay, does anyone have any information about there? He seems to think that it is super hard to get on the phone and that I need to be prepared to not be able to talk to him much. This has gotten him quite down, and I am trying to keep a positive outlook that it will not be that way. Thanks for any information.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:03 PM

Default Collect Calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliba View Post
That sucks about you not being able to talk to him because you lost your land line. Do you have a cell phone? I use Trappcall, (it's very easy to sign up), and it directs all the calls to your cell phone. The calls are only 12 cents a minute, and $1.50 connection fee each call. You can PM me if you want more info. I am so happy I did it, otherwise I wouldn't be able to talk to my bf at all!
How long was your hubby at Millhaven? My bf will be going there soon.
Hello everyone
I'm very new here, my hubby's in Brockville jail I live in Ottawa. He put in for a transfer for Innes Det. Centre but doubt he'll get it, his charges were in Perth Ont.
My bill is close if not over by now $2000.00. Thank everyone for replying before but none of those places serve Brockville jail .
Any other tips would be appreciated, btw
Thank you
Old 12-29-2013, 12:58 AM

Default Brockville Jail

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSC View Post
I'm in Ontario. My Boyfriend is in St.Lawrence up in Brockville. Anyone got a loved one up there?
Hi! I just looked at the date you last posted .. lol ..
My hubby's in Brockville jail at the moment, where to next if anywhere we don't know.
I don't get to see him often at all, as I live in Ottawa and rides are scarce.
He asked for a transfer to Ottawa Detention Center so he can be closer to his family... his court dates are in Perth btw but doubts he'll get the transfer, he says because what happened happened in Perth so he probably has to stay there??? anyone know anything about this?
Old 12-29-2013, 04:10 PM

Hi there Im from Hamilton and my guy has been in Joyceville for a month now...still waiting for my phone numbers to be approved and my visiting application to be approved...I have managed to speak with him through his lawyer doing a three way for me...he does have his tv package which is good now he's not staring at walls all the time...the wait to get approved i swear is the hardest part...he is hoping to go back to Bath..but who knows..hoping everyone is coping ok.