Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > Canadian Prison & Criminal Justice Topics > Canada - General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Canada - General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Canada that do not fit into any other Canada sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 01-08-2019, 06:05 PM

Default My Love is in Joyceville. New to PT. Mohawk from Six Nations

Hi there
Iím from six nations reserve and wondering if there are any native Americans on the site or from any reserves in Canada. My husband did a bit and got parole. Did good for a couple years and then had some low points and ended up on the run for almost 2 years. He still had 21 months left on his parole and being confused about the life he really wants did what he does to support his wife and children and ended up with 3.5 more years plus his 21 months. Although we are grateful it was only 3.5. The charges that added up could have gotten him a lot more time. We are both strong believers in everything happens for a reason and that Creator doesnít just give you obstacles in your path for no good reason. Thereís always a good positive reason for the negative no matter how minuscule it may be. A lot of people have nothing good to say about people in the prison system but I know in my heart and mind and spirit that Creator doesnít make shit abd that the people incarcerated arenít all pieces of shit (donít get me wrong some do some really shitty shit, and I try not to judge anyone even any types of sex offenders and killers but people who are guilty of crimes against children Iím not ok with at all). So having said that Iím glad to be in a place where people wonít be trying to bash me and belittle me for the actions of my lover but instead they will become my advisors, friends and maybe even family. Nice to meet you! Iím floatingvoices from Ohsweken Ontario
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2019, 12:30 PM
OnparoleinTO

Good luck to you. It's a tough road, as you already know. The vast overrepresentation of Indigenous people in Canada's jails is a big problem that certainly won't be solved with harsher laws and sentences.

However I do want to suggest that you rethink the 'even sex offenders and killers' approach. Sex offenders covers a wide range of wrongdoing, which may or may not involve people under 16 or 18. Quite a few people in prison for sex offenses have never touched anyone. And having met quite a few lifers, I can tell you that in many cases these are people who made a bad mistake that they would do anything to undo if they could. As you say about others, they are not bad people just because they did a bad thing. Please extend your compassion to all if you possibly can.

Again, good luck and I hope you find the support on here that you seek...