Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NORTH CAROLINA > North Carolina Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

North Carolina Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the North Carolina Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 06-27-2019, 12:06 PM

Default No phone calls

My son was at Salisbury for processing. He asked that we not put any money in his account because bullies were threatening him and he asked to be put in protective area. There is no phone there so I haven't talked to him in over a week. He was supposed to tell us when visitation had been approved, but he couldn't call us. I had tried to put money on account thru Jpay but they didn't allow it because we weren't approved. Yesterday I tried again and it let me put the money in, so I assumed we had been approved. I searched his name thru prison pro website and found out he had been moved Tuesday to Tabor City. No one told us that he had been moved. Still no phone call. Would there be a reason why he wouldn't be able to call? Does he need to be assigned a new PIN number? Would they make him wait a certain amount of time? We called Raleigh and found out who his case worker was, cannot get in touch with her or even leave her a voice mail. We don't want to ask the person who answers prison phone, they wouldn't tell us anything anyway. We need to let him know there is a small amount of money in his account that he can call us with and not to call collect anymore. I need to know what his security status is to arrange visits on the correct day. Any advice?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2019, 12:46 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,881 Times in 16,526 Posts

I'm not familiar with NC, but inmates who are in The Hole / SHU / Ad Seg do not have much access to a phone. Some facilities only let those in the Hole make calls once a month and may limit how many calls they can make on that one day a month. He can still receive mail, and that may be your best bet for now.

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Emotional (06-27-2019)