Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know > California Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss California prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the California forum.

Old 10-03-2019, 10:44 PM

Default Why Is Amazon Putting My Delivery Date 3 Months Into the Future?

Hi,

I am trying to send my LO a few puzzle books and a paperback novel through Amazon. Even though all of the items are available and they would be delivered to me, also in CA, by October 10, it is saying the estimated delivery date for them to arrive at WASCO is January 2, 2020. Does anyone have any idea as to why it is going to take so long?
The Following User Says Thank You to TorchMsRed For This Useful Post:
marie8899 (10-13-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2019, 11:12 PM

I havenít dealt with state in a minute but I know they were going back and forth with Amazon. Is it being shipped directly from the Amazon warehouse or from a third party vendor?
Old 10-03-2019, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by His_Queen13 View Post
I havenít dealt with state in a minute but I know they were going back and forth with Amazon. Is it being shipped directly from the Amazon warehouse or from a third party vendor?
Its being sold directly from Amazon. I could do it through Barnes and Nobel but they're almost twice as expensive...ugh!!
Old 10-03-2019, 11:39 PM
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 22,820 Times in 8,080 Posts

I've never had that happen before, but it may just be that they can't guarantee the same delivery time to an institution as they can your private residence. And as long as the books have a receipt from Amazon in them and are shipped from an approved warehouse, you're good.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
His_Queen13 (10-03-2019), TorchMsRed (10-04-2019)
Old 10-13-2019, 12:06 PM

Thanked 1,107 Times in 527 Posts

Maybe something is going on with Amazon and our state prisons(?). I tried to send my son a subscription to Time Magazine. I updated his address after he was transferred. He did not receive it. In two calls to Amazon, their best response was to cancel the subscription and start over again. No explanation of what happened was given.

In the second call, the person told me the magazine was "out of stock"; yet, she still suggested to cancel and start over. I talked to the supervisor, who would not admit Amazon messed up and had no answer when I asked "if they already messed up or supposedly are 'out of stock' why would I order it again?" He said once it goes to the contractor who is in charge of the magazines, they don't have anything to do with it. That is not true because when I cancelled the subscription, Amazon sent me a copy of the email that they forwarded to Synapse, saying the subscription is cancelled. Very disappointing. They gave me back most of the money, but what I wanted was for them to accept responsibility and go out of their way to correct it. Since they didn't, I switched to Magazines.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchMsRed View Post
Hi,

I am trying to send my LO a few puzzle books and a paperback novel through Amazon. Even though all of the items are available and they would be delivered to me, also in CA, by October 10, it is saying the estimated delivery date for them to arrive at WASCO is January 2, 2020. Does anyone have any idea as to why it is going to take so long?
Old 10-14-2019, 08:31 AM

Thanked 1,545 Times in 639 Posts

I've generally done OK with Amazon. Rare times something doesn't get through it's been my mistake. The fine print has to say "sold AND shipped" by Amazon. Can't just be sold by Amazon or prisons will reject. Must also be shipped by Amazon...that is the important part.

Did you ever figure out the problem with the long delivery date? That is odd.
The Following User Says Thank You to gvalliant For This Useful Post:
marie8899 (10-14-2019)
Old 10-14-2019, 08:41 PM

Thanked 1,107 Times in 527 Posts

In my case, I never found out why Time Magazine was not delivered. I never had a problem with Amazon sending magazinea in the past. Also, seems like they used to acknowledge and try to correct their errors. Next time, I will definitely check for that fine print.