Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the Kern Valley State Prison located in Delano, California.

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 12:00 AM
montgomery

Default documentry on KVSP ON TV ON 9/22/06. 7PM ON MSNBC

There Is Going To Be A Documentry On Kvsp On Msnbc On Friday 9/22 @ 7:00 Pm. It's Called: locked Up: Inside Kern Valley. I've Seen It Before, It's Pretty Interesting. It's Different Than That First One That Was On The Tlc Chanel Almost A Year Ago. Im In The La Area, Msnbc Is Chanel 56.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2006, 10:44 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,979 Times in 1,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by plpiper
There Is Going To Be A Documentry On Kvsp On Msnbc On Friday 9/22 @ 7:00 Pm. It's Called: locked Up: Inside Kern Valley. I've Seen It Before, It's Pretty Interesting. It's Different Than That First One That Was On The Tlc Chanel Almost A Year Ago. Im In The La Area, Msnbc Is Chanel 56.

I'm in the LA area also and have Time Warner Cable MSNBC is on chanel 34
Old 09-22-2006, 05:26 PM
Is It 2008 yet!?

Thanks for the heads up! Most def. going to be watching it again!

I'm in the bay area, and over here it's channel 60. It also said it'd be on at 7pm, 10pm and midnight! And I bet i'll probably watch each showing.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:33 PM
Waiting for our day!

I have seen this several times. I have become a regular watcher of the show "lock up" that runs this special. They are very interesting!
Old 09-23-2006, 01:06 AM
montgomery

Default kvsp

me too. i watch all the lock up shows. do you think we'll still watch them when our loved ones come home? i doubt they'll want to see a thing to do with prisons.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:12 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,979 Times in 1,051 Posts

They have some lock-up shows on DMTS (Discovery Times) they are so much more intense and show more what's going on inside and out of cells then the ones on MSNBC. DMTS is on chanel 253 Time Warner in Los Angeles,the shows don't come on there as often as on MSNBC but worth watching if you want the real deal (sort to speak).
Old 01-01-2007, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plpiper
Hello everyone. I'm new to this site!!!THis is my first posting. I met someone thats incarcerated.I was watching Msnbc one day and seen the show , it was called Lockdown and it was about this guy who was selling dope and on one of his dope missions, he thought the guy was gonna rob him so he shot the guy killed him and robbed him. Well this is the guy I wrote the other week for the first time. At first I was a little skeptical in doing so , but I did. I just loved his swagger and attitude. I don't have low selfesteem and I never wrote a guy in prison before , but this guy was an exception. He has a violent pass he was in a gang, since age 12. I could tell the type of person he was when he sat down with an interview with the guys mother. He appologized for his actions and stated that he know she wouldn't forgive him, but the victims' mom said " Son, I already have forgiven you" She had also talk with him about when he get out to make sure he takes good care of his son, cause he had a child before he went in. But i could tell from the show he's not just cold hearted, he just lived a hardcore life, he's a good person though. Respects women. During the show he states how he still has to survive in prison, so he intimidates prisoners for stuff.If I talk to him when he gets out,I don't know if I'm trying to think I can change him or what. Do u think it'll be hard for him to leave the gang lifestyle with no problem(harm to himself) He is 32 and I'm 21.That's another problem, I think. Cause I never communicated with someone on that level of trying to hook up with someone of that age. He did write me back, got the letter in like a week later and Thanked me for taking the time out to write him. Thanked me for the pic I sent and commented on how pretty and cute I was throughout the whole letter. I blushed reading the whole thing. He asked me to ask him anything I wanted to know about him. So I did send
another letter asking him things. Do anyone remember seeing that series of LOckdown in Lebanon Ohio. He says he dont get letters from no one other than his mom little sister and little son. Cause I told him I bet u a celebrity now and get letters from all kinds of women.lol Does anyone think I was wrong for sending a letter with my home address on it? Don't have P.o box. Another thing I'm waiting on the 2nd letter I asked him what all happened what lead him to being in jail,Do u think He would tell me the whole thing? Him thinking if he tells me the truth I wouldnt wont to talk to him anymore or for legal reasons?? Also can anyone tell me if this is true. He went in Feb.2001, sentenced to 9 yrs. 3 yrs for gun charge. He was charged with 1 deg. involuntary manslaughter and 2nd deg. robbery.He told me He could go up for parole 2008, but on the web it says 2012. He did say If i don't make it 2008 Ill have two yrs which mean 2010. Im confused , who could i asked about this or will anyone tell me anything not being related to him. All help and responses to my questions are appreciated. Hope to meet all of you soon..Bye bye!
Also if u remember Ask peeps who are in lebanon if they know "blu" and ask them what he does and what kind of person he is. thanks so much
Closed Thread