Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status All discussions relating to specific Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison units, Texas State Jails & Private prisons, and County Jails.

Old 12-07-2006, 10:18 AM

Default What is the LeBlanc/Hamilton Unit Like?

My friend is being sent to either one of these units for the pre-release substance abuse program. I'm curious to know what the setting/visits are like? Are they still only allowed one visit per weekend?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2006, 03:08 PM

All I can answer is they are only allowed the one visit per weekend.

Old 12-22-2006, 08:01 PM
Two Hearts = 1 Love

LeBlanc unit is alright. I havent really experienced any issues with visitation there but my husband said the program there isnt real good. The really keep them alot in their addiction and focus little on recovery or should I say 12 step recovery. They try and push them to get them to break just so they can test how well their program works.
The perk of him being there for me is..Family Counseling. Every Saturday at 10am. I love that a lot and it has helped both of us tremendously.
They also have a marriage seminar scheduled for I believe March of 2007 again from what I understand.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:54 PM

what is the family counseling? and what is the marriage seminar?
Old 12-30-2006, 03:53 PM
lovin my popeye

The staff at the Leblanc Unit are very nice and they treat you with respect. The Family Counseling sessions are done as a couples group and I feel is beneficiary to developing a strong or stronger relationship with you partner who has a drug addiction. During these sessions your partner is given the opportunity to discuss with you present, their fears, frustrations, trigger factors etc and in turn you are given that opportunity to discuss your fears. The drawback is that childrens are not allowed. You actually go behind the prision walls. If your partner is sincere in corrective actions and is determined to stay free no matter how hard or stressful they make it in there for him. He will succeed.

Last edited by BerniceSA; 12-30-2006 at 03:56 PM..
Old 12-30-2006, 04:13 PM
lovin my popeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tested Love
My friend is being sent to either one of these units for the pre-release substance abuse program. I'm curious to know what the setting/visits are like? Are they still only allowed one visit per weekend?

Thanks!
You are only allowed one visit for 2 hours per weekend, but if you live 300+ miles you can call and request a special visit which is 4 hours. The visits are contact. Hope this helps.