Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEVADA > Nevada Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Info
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Nevada Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Info This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Nevada.

Old 12-17-2007, 01:06 AM

Default Information on High Desert Nevada

My son will be getting out of the fishbowl end of December. As he moves through the different levels. What are the differences in each level @ High Desert; or do they move them to other prisons to progress through the different levels? Do they sit in their cell all day? Do they have the opportunity to exercise, to go to various classes, religious training, etc.

Are they
allowed to keep letters from home?

What type or how big is their storage (only for clothes). I hear he only has 2 of everything to wear. How much clothing is acceptable for them to have in their cell?

We want to send him a care package through Securepak-Nevada before end of January, but don't want to overdue his space requirements!

Thanks to all who help me understand better!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2007, 05:53 PM
Donation Award 

Hi NevadaMom- I moved your post to the Nevada State Forum as hopefully members there will be able to help you with the information you need.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:51 PM
Rollercoaster Ride

Hi Nevada Mom.

I don't know anything about the different levels at high desert, but it is usually locked down most of the time, so unless they have a job there, he will be in his cell most of the time. They all get a foot locker as far as I know, so they have room for more than two of everything. There are some classes, not sure what is available at HD, my husband is at SDCC, and there are some classes, although some of the programming has been cut. He is free to practice his religious beliefs and go to sermons I believe. Yes, they can keep letters from home and they can have pictures, be sure to put his name and back number on the back of them.

Hope this helps. If you have more questions I will try to answer or I'll ask my husband next time we talk on the phone. You can PM me anytime. Take care.

Marlene
Old 04-10-2008, 05:33 AM

Marlene, my man is at SDCC too, perhaps they know one another? (Of course, listen to me...I make it sound like this is some small intimate place, there are probably thousands of guys in there so it's probably unlikely, huh?) Oh well, just thought I'd touch base with you cause we're dealing with the same location.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:09 PM
Account Closed

Did you ever find out how much they can have in their cells? My man is at SDCC and I know theres a summer package coming up and I went to send him some things, but I'm not sure how it all works....