Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

CDCR - What You Need to Know Information relating to the California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation. Q&A for those new to the CDCR system should be posted here.

Old 09-25-2008, 07:54 PM

Default Need Marriage Info

Hello all, I'm new to the entire prison world and to prison talk, I wanted to know if we can get married while he's in reception in Lancaster, we're getting different answers? Also, he's not getting a response regarding his EPRD, he's put in 3 slips, with no response, how could I find out this for him, one more (sry), how long does it take for him to see his counselor?

He's been there since July 11, 2008
Thanks you guys for the help

Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2008, 08:54 PM
~ Forever and a Week ~
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,375 Times in 1,020 Posts

I don't think they can get married in reception. They need to see their counselor to get the marriage packet. He is the only one that can find out his EPRD, unless you know how much time he got, how much county time he served and if he is serving 85% or 50%, then you can figure it out and get a good estimate. All reception places are different in regards to seeing their counselor. Some guys seem them in weeks, others it is months. Also, once he does see his counselor, he will have to wait for a bed to open and may not get mainlined right away. Not sure why they are not giving him his EPRD though. Does he know who his counselor is? You could call his counselor and talk to him. Hope this helps a little bit.

Good Luck to you!!

Old 09-26-2008, 10:35 PM

Thank so much, I thought it was a little strange to not get a reply since another person sent his in and that person got a response in two days. I'll keep thrying to call his counselor (through inmate services). This is so stressful to deal with but I've made a commitment to stick it out with him and thats what I'm going to do.

Well he was arrested on Feb 22, 08 charged with a Felony DUI, on June 24, he received a sentence for 3 years at 50%, the judge gave him good time of 182 days (@ 6 mnths), he left for CSP on July 11 (i'm not sure what the time credit would be for those 17 days before he left). So if im right he should be released sometime in Feb 09 (i guess???)

If you don't mind, do you come up with the same time frame??? Thanks again.