Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NORTH CAROLINA > North Carolina Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

North Carolina Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of North Carolina.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:53 PM

Default Wake Correctional

Can anyone give me info on Wake? My son is supposed to transfer there and I am trying to get details. Visitation? Work programs? College class opportunities? Any information would be wonderful. Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2008, 12:31 PM
Hubby is home!! (: <3

This should help! http://www.doc.state.nc.us/dop/prisons/wake.htm
Old 01-09-2009, 10:10 PM

Default Wake

Visitation is on Sunday's at Wake. Can't remember how long it lasts. 1 1/2 hrs maybe. It's in the cafeteria, and I believe 3 can visit a person. Children can come. There aren't a lot of classes. In fact, almost none. There are jobs in the kitchen, road squad, some jobs outside at other camps, like janitor type jobs. There are jobs at various state agencies. Warehouse type jobs. There is church, and AA/NA stuff to do. I think there's an electrical class, and maybe a rudimentary HVAC class. There is work release, but the case managers are horrible, and it's very difficult to get them to let you make calls to get a job. Really tough. You can only see your case manager on certain days for like 5 minutes, and they don't like to really even do that. If you have a job set up, and he's available for Work Release then there are ways to force them to give him that job, but they will still make it difficult because they don't like to be forced. Nonetheless, there are a number of people on work release there (30 or so). I was on work release there, and while it was like pulling teeth to get it done, it was definitely worth the struggle. There's a lot of freedom compared to brown clothes, and once you can walk out the gate on your own, it's like living life again.

Any other questions, just ask.

CF