Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Prison and Jail Specific Discussions Please use this forum to talk about Department of Correction prison units, private institutiions, city jails, county jails, etc.

Old 04-19-2019, 04:36 PM

Angry Help! New to all of this, son just moved to Sterling. Need info.

My son was just recently convicted of i don't know what. But, 20 yr sentence and just moved to Sterling from Arapahoe County.

I have no clue how to find out where he is located in Sterling, his convictions, how to reach him.

Like I said, I am so new to this. His father and I have no relationship, and he has hide this from me for almost a year. My son was in the military and recently got out and moved to Co. From there I have no idea what happened.

I've reached out to his father to only receive information I already found out on my own "Yeah he's in Jail in Colorado"

I really would like to find out more information, is there somewhere that I can get that?

How is Sterling? Like a stupid person I have googled and watched a documentary of it. Which only worsened my fears for him, and his safety.

Please help this mother with a little piece of mind, anything at this point would be better then what I have.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2019, 07:47 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 36,166 Times in 16,666 Posts

Hi XLadyLizX, 20 years, sorry about the length of his sentence I'm not terribly familiar with Colorado, but the DOC website is a good place to start:

https://www.colorado.gov/cdoc

There's an inmate locator for Colorado inmates, info on how to set up your phone for calls, send money, visit, etc.

Welcome to PTO! I'm glad you found us

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
saoirse1 (04-20-2019)
Old 04-20-2019, 06:00 AM

Hi my fiance is in Colorado. Not in Sterling but if you'd like to message me to ask anything I'll try and get the information you need. I'm so sorry about your son x
Old 04-20-2019, 04:55 PM
Donation Award 

Hello, Patchouli gave you a great link. The inmate locator will give you his DOC # and his location. This can be very stressful and sometimes scary. If you have any other questions we will try our best to answer and offer guidance.
The Following User Says Thank You to saoirse1 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (04-20-2019)
Old 04-20-2019, 11:44 PM

Unfortunately, Sterling is probably the worst of the worst. It's a high security facility and they have frequent lockdowns. Can't you ask your son what his charges are? There is an online look up for court records but it's not free. Also, if it is a sex crime records may be sealed.

The Following User Says Thank You to nancyginnm For This Useful Post:
patchouli (04-21-2019)
Old 06-02-2019, 06:28 PM

I was at Sterling. It's not that bad, it's not a private and it's not Limon. It's a well run facility, that like most CDOC prisons has a gang problem.
Nothing in the aforementioned post constitutes legal advice, and should not be construed as anything other than clever insight. Communication between us doesn't constitute an initiation of a lawyer/client relationship and is not intended to.