Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > R. J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

R. J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Richard J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) located in San Diego, California.

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 08:03 AM
GOTHIKA

mail is really slow still in yard coming in, i send out mail a little over a week ago that my bebe has not received yet = (
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2012, 08:27 PM
Donation Award 

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothika View Post
mail is really slow still in yard coming in, i send out mail a little over a week ago that my bebe has not received yet = (
My honey on B yard just got three letters that I mailed over 30 days ago.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:52 AM
GOTHIKA

yeap yeap really slow right now, its been a while since its been this bad = (
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gothika For This Useful Post:
Beachhouse (09-20-2012), janicesg (09-22-2012)
Old 10-01-2012, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothika View Post
yeap yeap really slow right now, its been a while since its been this bad = (
How is the mail on D yard now? My hubby got transferred to RJD a week ago. I was hoping we would be able to talk and visit soon but I called and was told due to the new yard and influx of inmates he would be on orientation for 4-6 weeks. .

Can't see how that is fair when I have read that there are guys that spend no time in orientation after being transferred in. I read that there are guys that arrived on Wed and had no orientation, and calls and contact visits right away. It should be the same for everyone. My husband did not arrive from reception, he has been in for 8 years and just transferred from another prison. Just had to vent ladies because this is not right.

How is the mail now? is the mail getting to the guys quicker? I have sent mail everyday and I want to know that he is getting my letters and love.

How long is it taking for mail to get out. I live in northern California right now (Sacramento area).

Thanks for all of your help and input.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:08 AM
GOTHIKA

some inmates have not been to orientation in 2 months you are goin to have to be very patience chica, yes there are guys who spend no time in orientation like mines but thats because they were transfered within the prison if they are coming from outside prisons then i do not know why. donovan you will see is different than many other prisons. mail is coming out fast but getting in slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comehomesoon View Post
How is the mail on D yard now? My hubby got transferred to RJD a week ago. I was hoping we would be able to talk and visit soon but I called and was told due to the new yard and influx of inmates he would be on orientation for 4-6 weeks. .

Can't see how that is fair when I have read that there are guys that spend no time in orientation after being transferred in. I read that there are guys that arrived on Wed and had no orientation, and calls and contact visits right away. It should be the same for everyone. My husband did not arrive from reception, he has been in for 8 years and just transferred from another prison. Just had to vent ladies because this is not right.

How is the mail now? is the mail getting to the guys quicker? I have sent mail everyday and I want to know that he is getting my letters and love.

How long is it taking for mail to get out. I live in northern California right now (Sacramento area).

Thanks for all of your help and input.
The Following User Says Thank You to gothika For This Useful Post:
comehomesoon (10-02-2012)
Old 12-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Warmly.Kindly.Sincerely .

Question Sending an inmate Legal Research Information

Hello!

I am new to the forum and have really appreciated the great wealth of information and the genuine sense of support. I am hoping I can get some guidance from a few people in "the know".

A friend of mine is currently preparing for his Habeas Corpus. Because he is in a level 3/4 he has limited time to spend in the law library. I have taken legal research courses and have access to invaluable information that would help him prepare his paperwork and legal arguments. My question is:

Can I print out and send him examples of Habeas Corpus', court cases that might apply to his case, and other current legal information that pertain to his situation???

I have so much helpful information available but I don't want to push mail regulations. Can someone offer me some advice???

Thank you SO much in advance for any feedback you can provide!

Kindly,
TD
Old 12-11-2012, 08:59 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by todayz_darling View Post
Hello!

I am new to the forum and have really appreciated the great wealth of information and the genuine sense of support. I am hoping I can get some guidance from a few people in "the know".

A friend of mine is currently preparing for his Habeas Corpus. Because he is in a level 3/4 he has limited time to spend in the law library. I have taken legal research courses and have access to invaluable information that would help him prepare his paperwork and legal arguments. My question is:

Can I print out and send him examples of Habeas Corpus', court cases that might apply to his case, and other current legal information that pertain to his situation???

I have so much helpful information available but I don't want to push mail regulations. Can someone offer me some advice???

Kindly,
TD
I have sent some large envelopes which were over the limit, marked "Legal Mail" and he received them okay. I would try calling the litigation coordinator (RJD) - (619) 661-7862 for guidance, though, because you wouldn't want to send it and it not be delivered to him.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:54 PM
Warmly.Kindly.Sincerely .

Quote:
Originally Posted by janicesg View Post
I have sent some large envelopes which were over the limit, marked "Legal Mail" and he received them okay. I would try calling the litigation coordinator (RJD) - (619) 661-7862 for guidance, though, because you wouldn't want to send it and it not be delivered to him.
Thank you SO much! I will do so.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:25 PM

Is it me or is the mail slow? Them getting mail I mean?
Old 12-17-2012, 08:20 AM
GOTHIKA

in yard d its coming out slow also, its both ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babymuneca View Post
Old 12-18-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todayz_darling View Post
Hello!

Kindly,
TD
I have sent everything and anything I could research to my hubby. A ton (literally...) of legal material over the years. No problems getting anything to him. I do watch the weight limit though. If it is too much, I send in more than one envelope. You shouldn't have any problems.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:40 PM

Quote:

Mail is snail mail slow...... sssllllloooowwwwww. I hope that get the mail delivered before Christmas so my hubby gets his card. He still has not received mail I sent over three weeks ago...
Old 12-18-2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comehomesoon

Mail is snail mail slow...... sssllllloooowwwwww. I hope that get the mail delivered before Christmas so my hubby gets his card. He still has not received mail I sent over three weeks ago...
He still hasn't got a letter from 2 1/2 weeks ago. For some old reason, I don't think get got 1 or 2 letters either.. the mail room knows they get tones of mail daily, I don't know why they can't add more staff and disdribute in a timely manner..

I don't like this iPhone/smartphone keypads.... Grrr
Old 12-18-2012, 10:24 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
My LO just got 3 letters and a card I mailed over 3 weeks ago. Happy Holidays! Also, I usually try to send birthday and holiday cards at least 3-4 weeks in advance. At other prisons, it can take even longer.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:23 AM
GOTHIKA

i mailed my hubby a xmas card last wednesday and he got it monday, that is yard d = )
Old 12-20-2012, 08:15 AM

Do the c.o.*s pick up mail from the post office on fridays? Also, do they hand out mail on Monday since its Xmas eve day? Every prison is different. Anyone who dan enlighten me would be appropriated. P.s. why do we have send m.o. in a different Envelope for? Where's the logic there?
Old 12-20-2012, 09:46 PM

As of today they enlightened me that they were a week behind, due to the holidays n cards. FYI ladies hope that helps.
Then I ask if one sends priority/express Di they get it the same day. Lady stated, they treat them the same. Other prisons when receive *legal mail like express* they give it to the inmate the same day.
Now my question is to you ladies and if there is any tents have ever experienced these issues or have you done express or priority and how did the out come be?
One more sorry, do you know if they pick up the mail from the lib early morning or toward noon time? Any enlightenment on my questions would be great. I think I only posted here a few times
Old 12-20-2012, 09:48 PM

Sorry for the typist darn smart phone/iPhone
Closed Thread