Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > R. J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

R. J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Richard J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) located in San Diego, California.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 01-15-2012, 11:13 AM
He's my heart's Avatar
He's my heart He's my heart is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: So~Cal
Posts: 507
Thanks: 1,005
Thanked 306 Times in 219 Posts
Default Got a call...

From "C" yard. It was awesome to hear his voice! He told me that the LD was off for the weekend but that they would continue the searches on Tues. (Mon. is MLK day) so that they would be on modified program. I hope you all get calls too!
__________________
"LOVE, it feels so good...
I'm so glad you're mine"
Sponsored Links
  #27  
Old 01-15-2012, 04:18 PM
misspriss619 misspriss619 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cali
Posts: 209
Thanks: 80
Thanked 79 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by He's my heart View Post
From "C" yard. It was awesome to hear his voice! He told me that the LD was off for the weekend but that they would continue the searches on Tues. (Mon. is MLK day) so that they would be on modified program. I hope you all get calls too!
Yup same info I got too.
  #28  
Old 01-19-2012, 12:00 AM
Beachhouse's Avatar
Beachhouse Beachhouse is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: beach, usa
Posts: 6,391
Thanks: 2,143
Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,619 Posts
Default

Quick question - if my area code is different from the prisons will it cost more per call? I'm local but not 619. If there is a difference is it negligible or better to change area code? Thanks.
__________________
  #29  
Old 01-19-2012, 09:06 AM
mlcnkc mlcnkc is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 661
Thanks: 166
Thanked 359 Times in 252 Posts
Default

My area code is 760 and I pay 1.45 per 15 minute call. (North San Diego)
The Following User Says Thank You to mlcnkc For This Useful Post:
aligatorz (01-19-2012)
  #30  
Old 01-19-2012, 10:34 AM
Beachhouse's Avatar
Beachhouse Beachhouse is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: beach, usa
Posts: 6,391
Thanks: 2,143
Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,619 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcnkc
My area code is 760 and I pay 1.45 per 15 minute call. (North San Diego)
Wow that not bad at all! Thanks!!
__________________
The Following User Says Thank You to Beachhouse For This Useful Post:
mlcnkc (01-19-2012)
  #31  
Old 01-19-2012, 10:37 AM
aligatorz's Avatar
aligatorz aligatorz is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Southern Oregon
Posts: 205
Thanks: 46
Thanked 67 Times in 41 Posts
Default GTL rates

here's the link to the rates. Even though it says until 2011 these are still the rates. They are supposed to be posted for the inmates to see.

http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/visitors/docs...ev_5-25-10.pdf
__________________
Make your place in the mystery and think hard on those around you.What holds people together is a pain that has no wound. All your love grows from this pain. All that understand this are wiser than good or evil. Do secret good.
The Following User Says Thank You to aligatorz For This Useful Post:
sunniegurl07 (01-19-2012)
  #32  
Old 01-19-2012, 10:42 AM
aligatorz's Avatar
aligatorz aligatorz is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Southern Oregon
Posts: 205
Thanks: 46
Thanked 67 Times in 41 Posts
Default GTL rates

I run two cell phone #s because I own property in two different states. He uses my CA phone # because...WOW...look at the difference between instate and out-of-state calls. It's cheaper to run the second line.
__________________
Make your place in the mystery and think hard on those around you.What holds people together is a pain that has no wound. All your love grows from this pain. All that understand this are wiser than good or evil. Do secret good.
  #33  
Old 01-19-2012, 11:15 AM
adrialuvstriggs's Avatar
adrialuvstriggs adrialuvstriggs is offline
Mrs. Rivera
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: San Fernando California
Posts: 104
Thanks: 0
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Is anyone getting calls?
  #34  
Old 01-19-2012, 01:00 PM
mlcnkc mlcnkc is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 661
Thanks: 166
Thanked 359 Times in 252 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrialuvstriggs View Post
Is anyone getting calls?
From what I gather most of the prison is on modified program as they are searching some yards. No calls out of C yard for sure.
  #35  
Old 01-19-2012, 01:50 PM
sunniegurl07 sunniegurl07 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 116
Thanks: 9
Thanked 18 Times in 8 Posts
Default

The last ones I got were on Monday. Was told the program would be reevaluated on Wednesday after finishing the search on C but I guess that didn't happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrialuvstriggs View Post
Is anyone getting calls?
  #36  
Old 01-19-2012, 02:45 PM
adrialuvstriggs's Avatar
adrialuvstriggs adrialuvstriggs is offline
Mrs. Rivera
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: San Fernando California
Posts: 104
Thanks: 0
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Thanks for the info ladies!!!
  #37  
Old 01-19-2012, 03:21 PM
mlcnkc mlcnkc is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 661
Thanks: 166
Thanked 359 Times in 252 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunniegurl07 View Post
The last ones I got were on Monday. Was told the program would be reevaluated on Wednesday after finishing the search on C but I guess that didn't happen
I know C is suppose to not get calls for another week or so since they are searching other yards.
The Following User Says Thank You to mlcnkc For This Useful Post:
gothika (01-20-2012)
  #38  
Old 01-19-2012, 03:43 PM
sunniegurl07 sunniegurl07 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 116
Thanks: 9
Thanked 18 Times in 8 Posts
Default

I heard the search would last a month (about a week per yard). With C done, it was suggested the inmates would get a modified program with dayroom at night (since the searches are during the day). If they aren't going to let them have calls while they are searching the other yards, it will be more than a week because it seems they are searching SLOOOOOOWLY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcnkc View Post
I know C is suppose to not get calls for another week or so since they are searching other yards.
  #39  
Old 01-19-2012, 04:45 PM
Jl'slady Jl'slady is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Mexico USA
Posts: 355
Thanks: 113
Thanked 168 Times in 94 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunniegurl07 View Post
I heard the search would last a month (about a week per yard). With C done, it was suggested the inmates would get a modified program with dayroom at night (since the searches are during the day). If they aren't going to let them have calls while they are searching the other yards, it will be more than a week because it seems they are searching SLOOOOOOWLY.
My guy thought this would be the completed this week!!!
  #40  
Old 01-19-2012, 04:53 PM
Jl'slady Jl'slady is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Mexico USA
Posts: 355
Thanks: 113
Thanked 168 Times in 94 Posts
Default

His mom had surgery this week and is doing well, but I'm sure he's worrying about her. Was hoping for call this weekend....
  #41  
Old 01-19-2012, 05:17 PM
sunniegurl07 sunniegurl07 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: California, USA
Posts: 116
Thanks: 9
Thanked 18 Times in 8 Posts
Default

I wouldn't give up on the call yet. A lot of the inmates were told they'd have program on the weekends (morning and night dayroom) when they search during the week. That's what they did last weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jl'slady View Post
His mom had surgery this week and is doing well, but I'm sure he's worrying about her. Was hoping for call this weekend....
  #42  
Old 01-20-2012, 12:19 AM
aligatorz's Avatar
aligatorz aligatorz is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Southern Oregon
Posts: 205
Thanks: 46
Thanked 67 Times in 41 Posts
Default mom's surgery

You can call and ask for the Chaplain (even if the inmate is not associated with a particular religion) and ask that the information be relayed. You may need to be able to give her name and what hospital the surgery took place at as they sometimes verify info.
You might also try his counselor if you cannot reach the Chaplain.
__________________
Make your place in the mystery and think hard on those around you.What holds people together is a pain that has no wound. All your love grows from this pain. All that understand this are wiser than good or evil. Do secret good.
  #43  
Old 01-20-2012, 03:17 AM
Jl'slady Jl'slady is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Mexico USA
Posts: 355
Thanks: 113
Thanked 168 Times in 94 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aligatorz View Post
You can call and ask for the Chaplain (even if the inmate is not associated with a particular religion) and ask that the information be relayed. You may need to be able to give her name and what hospital the surgery took place at as they sometimes verify info.
You might also try his counselor if you cannot reach the Chaplain.
Thank you I'll do that!
  #44  
Old 01-29-2012, 01:34 PM
aligatorz's Avatar
aligatorz aligatorz is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Southern Oregon
Posts: 205
Thanks: 46
Thanked 67 Times in 41 Posts
Default

I .got calls out of C both days this weekend. He said they are still telling the guys about two more weeks before full programming resumes.
__________________
Make your place in the mystery and think hard on those around you.What holds people together is a pain that has no wound. All your love grows from this pain. All that understand this are wiser than good or evil. Do secret good.
  #45  
Old 02-04-2012, 03:50 PM
adrialuvstriggs's Avatar
adrialuvstriggs adrialuvstriggs is offline
Mrs. Rivera
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: San Fernando California
Posts: 104
Thanks: 0
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Hi ladies, just wondering if anyone got calls this morning from "C" yard?
  #46  
Old 02-04-2012, 08:25 PM
He's my heart's Avatar
He's my heart He's my heart is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: So~Cal
Posts: 507
Thanks: 1,005
Thanked 306 Times in 219 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrialuvstriggs View Post
Hi ladies, just wondering if anyone got calls this morning from "C" yard?
Yes, I got a call around 9:45 this morning.
__________________
"LOVE, it feels so good...
I'm so glad you're mine"
  #47  
Old 02-04-2012, 08:59 PM
adrialuvstriggs's Avatar
adrialuvstriggs adrialuvstriggs is offline
Mrs. Rivera
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: San Fernando California
Posts: 104
Thanks: 0
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Thanks!!!! finally got my call, he made my day!!!!!
  #48  
Old 02-12-2012, 08:26 PM
Beachhouse's Avatar
Beachhouse Beachhouse is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: beach, usa
Posts: 6,391
Thanks: 2,143
Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,619 Posts
Default

My guy finally was able to call but it didn't go through he said it was blocked and I looked on my phone and it showed an unrecognizable number, I called it and it was gtl. The recording said that no one had called me from a facility. And they were closed. Could that mean I won't be able to get calls? I've already sent the info in that was requested. But since lockdown it was first time all year he's been able to call.
__________________
  #49  
Old 02-12-2012, 10:14 PM
misspriss619 misspriss619 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cali
Posts: 209
Thanks: 80
Thanked 79 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachhouse
My guy finally was able to call but it didn't go through he said it was blocked and I looked on my phone and it showed an unrecognizable number, I called it and it was gtl. The recording said that no one had called me from a facility. And they were closed. Could that mean I won't be able to get calls? I've already sent the info in that was requested. But since lockdown it was first time all year he's been able to call.
Did the gtl recording say you can receive calls? If not then there is a problem and you will have to call in the am. I think I remember when I set mine up an operator called me to set up a "pass code" Did they do that for you?
  #50  
Old 02-12-2012, 11:20 PM
Beachhouse's Avatar
Beachhouse Beachhouse is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: beach, usa
Posts: 6,391
Thanks: 2,143
Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,619 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspriss619

Did the gtl recording say you can receive calls? If not then there is a problem and you will have to call in the am. I think I remember when I set mine up an operator called me to set up a "pass code" Did they do that for you?
I missed the call since I was in processing to visit him. But there was a recording on my voicemail and when I called the number it just said there was no record of any call to my number. I will call tomorrow. Thanks.
__________________
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:31 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics