Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > R. J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

R. J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Richard J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) located in San Diego, California.

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 02:12 PM
~My Penguin*His Coqui~

Thanked 1,074 Times in 372 Posts

Hello ladies, i posted in the newbie thread and no one responed so im hoping someone can help me here. Im just trying to see how visits are there. My man is choosing this prison as his#1 choice, hes in KVSP right now and m,oving to Level 3 SNY. So how are visits there? Does it get crowded? Do they terminate visits often? I know the food is a plus. But were more interested in visits. Are they strict? basicaly do you get your whole visit or do they terminate? Any info will help thanks!! I guess its between this prison and Chino, so i dont know.

Did you know that when a penguin finds its mate they stay together for the rest of their lives? I found my Penguin

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2012, 11:59 PM

Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,619 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiscoqui View Post
Hello ladies, i posted in the newbie thread and no one responed so im hoping someone can help me here. Im just trying to see how visits are there. My man is choosing this prison as his#1 choice, hes in KVSP right now and m,oving to Level 3 SNY. So how are visits there? Does it get crowded? Do they terminate visits often? I know the food is a plus. But were more interested in visits. Are they strict? basicaly do you get your whole visit or do they terminate? Any info will help thanks!! I guess its between this prison and Chino, so i dont know.
Some yards they terminate more than the others, but Ive never been terminated in the almost year we have had contact visits.

I can be crowded and loud but maybe not compared to other places.

They dont seem strict if you follow the rules.

Good luck.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:24 PM

Default Rules and Visiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachhouse View Post
Some yards they terminate more than the others, but Ive never been terminated in the almost year we have had contact visits.

I can be crowded and loud but maybe not compared to other places.

They dont seem strict if you follow the rules.

Good luck.
I visited for the first time Saturday. It was very loud in the visiting room. There are no signs that I could see that would tell you what to do once you get into the visiting room.Turns out you give your ID to the guy at the podium once he gets there and he assigns you to a table. I was assigned to a table where there were other people sitting even though there were several empty tables. I don't know what their criteria is for assigning tables but it was quite uncomfortable sitting with strangers. I did not want to hear their conversation and I am sure they did not want to hear ours. The process is long and tedious. There are lines for every step of the way. I found all but one deputy very nice and helpful, other visitors were very helpful and patient. The food was good and it arrived pretty quick. I arrived at 9:00 am and by the time I got to visit it was almost 11:00. Because it's a long drive for me, I had planned to stay three hours. I had someone waiting to drive me home so I felt rushed. Now that I know the process; the next time I drive myself.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:42 AM

not all the rooms are loud but i been to the one you went for years and yes its loud which is why we would stay out in the patio. depending on co, some do not double up in the beginning they wait til it gets crowded, be happy they do double cus it would be terminations in the dozen for sure. you could have had a 90min visit thats all and i have experience that before there. the process is normal two hours to get in, i been to other prisons where process is shorter and others that it takes longer, i have been to donovan 7 years i am use to it, you just adjust your time to it. donovan is known as disneyland at other prisons,depending on the yard your love one is in, they will find it easier inside the wall comparing to other prisons, i still say it is according to my exp at other prisons. no carline fights, no physical fights between visitors no police to break it off, yes i haved seen all of this, not too much drama with jewerly you wear, just follow the rules of donovan and you will be alright, as you see we do not have to make an appt for a visit which i heard is not the best system, i am sorry you had bad exp with the processing co's usually they are cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAdreaming View Post
I visited for the first time Saturday. It was very loud in the visiting room. There are no signs that I could see that would tell you what to do once you get into the visiting room.Turns out you give your ID to the guy at the podium once he gets there and he assigns you to a table. I was assigned to a table where there were other people sitting even though there were several empty tables. I don't know what their criteria is for assigning tables but it was quite uncomfortable sitting with strangers. I did not want to hear their conversation and I am sure they did not want to hear ours. The process is long and tedious. There are lines for every step of the way. I found all but one deputy very nice and helpful, other visitors were very helpful and patient. The food was good and it arrived pretty quick. I arrived at 9:00 am and by the time I got to visit it was almost 11:00. Because it's a long drive for me, I had planned to stay three hours. I had someone waiting to drive me home so I felt rushed. Now that I know the process; the next time I drive myself.

Last edited by gothika22; 10-15-2012 at 07:49 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gothika22 For This Useful Post:
CAdreaming (10-17-2012), his#1 bball fan (10-19-2012)
Old 10-19-2012, 02:35 PM

Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,619 Posts

Usually the people your at the table with will sortof alternate with you by going outside. We do that and have had it happen. Im sorry they doubled up so soon. I know they were doing that before but then they had stopped, hopefully it was a fluke.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:01 AM

it depends on the co not all co's do that, but i really rather deal with the pairing up than being terminated, that is just not fun especially if this is a mission to get to you know? do not worry about peeps next to you listening to your conversation, cus if they do they have a problem then for reals, who has time for anyone eles when you are there for your love one? my husband has me in a box jijijijijijji and thats alright with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachhouse View Post
Usually the people your at the table with will sortof alternate with you by going outside. We do that and have had it happen. Im sorry they doubled up so soon. I know they were doing that before but then they had stopped, hopefully it was a fluke.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gothika22 For This Useful Post:
Beachhouse (10-25-2012), HisLightShines (10-22-2012)
Old 11-16-2012, 03:52 PM

Default holiday visiting

Has anyone heard if D yard is still on rotating visits? If so do you know what the holiday visits are like? I am trying to plan a visit from the bay area and do not want to drive my 2 kids down for only 1 day! Thanks.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltl sis View Post
Has anyone heard if D yard is still on rotating visits? If so do you know what the holiday visits are like? I am trying to plan a visit from the bay area and do not want to drive my 2 kids down for only 1 day! Thanks.
D yard is no longer on a rotating visit schedule. The guys can have visits all days- as long as they are off orientation.

I don't know what the holidays are like- this will be my first at RJD since my hubby transferred there. Hopefully someone else can answer.

I will say though that last weekend was crazy busy. A lot of the guys that transferred in are coming off orientation so I think that visiting will be busier for awhile while loved ones get their first 'Non- glass' visits!

Hope you have a good one. Enjoy!
Old 11-16-2012, 06:03 PM

Default D yard visiting

Oh BTW everyone-

I spoke with the visiting Sgt last weekend about D yard visiting because it was soooo crowded and there are very few tables. He told me that more tables have arrived for the D yard visiting room and the plan is for them to be in place by Thanksgiving at the latest! Maybe even this weekend- so that should help for the days that it is busy.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:21 PM

Default d yard

thank you so much for the info! I am very excited to go visit my brother for the long weekend. He has nobody near So Cal so it will be a big deal for him. His first visit in 5 months.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:21 PM
He calls me his ANGEL
Donation Award 

I want to know if anyone would know this question or where I can find the answer. I was planning on visiting my husband on Thanksgiving. But his mom called me to tell me the CO's took him out his cell Monday morning at 3 am for court. He had no clue, why....do you think he will be back for visiting on Thanksgiving? He hasn't called anyone since and we don't know his where abouts :*(

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.
~Helen Keller~
Old 11-22-2012, 11:33 AM

Hi everyone!
My man is getting transferred from CMC to Donovan next week and I'm super excited!! (I live in San Diego)
I had a few questions:

do I need to make an appointment for contact visits?
at what time should I get to the car line? Where is the car line located?

My man is in EOP so he'll be in the EOP yard, do yall know how visiting is for that yard? does it get really crowded? is there an option to sit outside? do the COs let you choose to sit outside? (they did at CMC)

thanks for your help, ladies!

Old 12-29-2012, 02:25 PM
He calls me his ANGEL
Donation Award 

Does anyone know if A yard will be off lockdown for visits on Jan. 1st?

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.
~Helen Keller~
Old 12-30-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilitalymix View Post
Does anyone know if A yard will be off lockdown for visits on Jan. 1st?
I asked a C.O. today and he said they [A yard - blacks and mexicans] would be on lockdown from visiting on New Year's Day I'm sorry.

The Following User Says Thank You to ana1989 For This Useful Post:
lilitalymix (12-30-2012)
Old 12-30-2012, 11:40 PM
He calls me his ANGEL
Donation Award 

Awww...thank you... :*( I always bring New Years Day with him.

~Helen Keller~
Closed Thread