Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > R. J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

R. J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Richard J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) located in San Diego, California.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 02-11-2012, 10:54 PM
JVSQUEEN's Avatar
JVSQUEEN JVSQUEEN is offline
Registered User

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: His heart
Posts: 132
Thanks: 114
Thanked 35 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Hi there, I am wanting to send a book to my husband from Amazon and I have never done this before and I want to make sure I do this right. Can SOMEONE please type out exactly how I am supposed to fill out the address section in order for him to get it. I think it goes like this but am not certain. Any help is greatly appreciated.\
John Doe cdc # -Name
cell # and po box - Address
city and state
zip
__________________
~~The state has his body but I have his heart, mind, and his soul~~

~~PATIENTLY and FAITHFULLY waiting for my KING to come home~~
Sponsored Links
  #52  
Old 02-12-2012, 12:38 AM
Beachhouse's Avatar
Beachhouse Beachhouse is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: beach, usa
Posts: 6,391
Thanks: 2,143
Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,619 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVSQUEEN
Hi there, I am wanting to send a book to my husband from Amazon and I have never done this before and I want to make sure I do this right. Can SOMEONE please type out exactly how I am supposed to fill out the address section in order for him to get it. I think it goes like this but am not certain. Any help is greatly appreciated.\
John Doe cdc # -Name
cell # and po box - Address
city and state
zip
I do mine the same way as on letters

Name cdc#
Yard-building-bed
Po box
City,state zip
__________________
The Following User Says Thank You to Beachhouse For This Useful Post:
JVSQUEEN (02-12-2012)
  #53  
Old 02-12-2012, 02:46 PM
JVSQUEEN's Avatar
JVSQUEEN JVSQUEEN is offline
Registered User

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: His heart
Posts: 132
Thanks: 114
Thanked 35 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Sorry guys I have been reading the mail boards and I found the answer for reception inmates but my husband is not in reception. I want to mail him some paper off in the next couple of days but how much can I send him. For reception it says 20 pieces of paper but like I said he is not in reception. If anyone can tell me the maximum sheets I can send I would greatly appreciate it.
Also Beachhouse a big "thank you" for answering my question about sending a book.
__________________
~~The state has his body but I have his heart, mind, and his soul~~

~~PATIENTLY and FAITHFULLY waiting for my KING to come home~~
The Following User Says Thank You to JVSQUEEN For This Useful Post:
Beachhouse (02-12-2012)
  #54  
Old 02-12-2012, 03:20 PM
Jl'slady Jl'slady is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Mexico USA
Posts: 355
Thanks: 113
Thanked 168 Times in 94 Posts
Default

150 sheets of paper and 40 envelopes at a time. Paper has to be white or yellow, as far as I know. When you send stamps, put his CDC# on them in case they fall out of the envelope, just like you do photos.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jl'slady For This Useful Post:
JVSQUEEN (02-12-2012)
  #55  
Old 02-15-2012, 10:26 PM
He's my heart's Avatar
He's my heart He's my heart is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: So~Cal
Posts: 507
Thanks: 1,005
Thanked 306 Times in 219 Posts
Default

Hi ladies, so my husband hasn't received mail in 14 days! I find it hard to believe that it can't get processed & delivered sooner than that. I got mail 2 days after it was mailed, doesn't it go thru the same mailroom?
__________________
"LOVE, it feels so good...
I'm so glad you're mine"
  #56  
Old 02-15-2012, 11:25 PM
Beachhouse's Avatar
Beachhouse Beachhouse is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: beach, usa
Posts: 6,391
Thanks: 2,143
Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,619 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by He's my heart
Hi ladies, so my husband hasn't received mail in 14 days! I find it hard to believe that it can't get processed & delivered sooner than that. I got mail 2 days after it was mailed, doesn't it go thru the same mailroom?
On sat mine had just gotten mail, it was 12 days between letters yet I mailed everyday. It's a crummy and random system. Normally I get mine in 3 days and so far nothing since Friday. Hate mail silence.
__________________
  #57  
Old 02-16-2012, 12:42 AM
adrialuvstriggs's Avatar
adrialuvstriggs adrialuvstriggs is offline
Mrs. Rivera
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: San Fernando California
Posts: 104
Thanks: 0
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachhouse

On sat mine had just gotten mail, it was 12 days between letters yet I mailed everyday. It's a crummy and random system. Normally I get mine in 3 days and so far nothing since Friday. Hate mail silence.
Yes it is a crazy system, mine just received a letter that I wrote December 8th!!!!! But as he said he is glad he got it!!!!!
  #58  
Old 03-07-2012, 01:00 AM
eroro1608's Avatar
eroro1608 eroro1608 is offline
1 in a million!
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego CA USA
Posts: 293
Thanks: 84
Thanked 131 Times in 104 Posts
Default

Hi everyone, my bubs is in reception at RJD right now, I got a letter last week on Tuesday but nothing lately. Has anybody got an idea on the mail going in lately? I mailed a letter last week to him and I was kinda wondering how long it would take about?
I'll be around for as long as he's there at RJD, he was up at CIM but was brought back to SD for a new case. Now he's done with court and all that but instead of returning to CIM they put him back into the reception BS AGAIN. Sucks because we already did this last year!
__________________
  #59  
Old 03-07-2012, 09:07 AM
mlcnkc mlcnkc is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 661
Thanks: 166
Thanked 359 Times in 252 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eroro1608 View Post
Hi everyone, my bubs is in reception at RJD right now, I got a letter last week on Tuesday but nothing lately. Has anybody got an idea on the mail going in lately? I mailed a letter last week to him and I was kinda wondering how long it would take about?
I'll be around for as long as he's there at RJD, he was up at CIM but was brought back to SD for a new case. Now he's done with court and all that but instead of returning to CIM they put him back into the reception BS AGAIN. Sucks because we already did this last year!
I can honestly say the mail in and out of this place is beyond ridiculous. My husband writes me everyday and I'm lucky if I get 8 a month from him. So I suggest to keep on writing him. Its trying but try to stay positive.
The Following User Says Thank You to mlcnkc For This Useful Post:
his#1 bball fan (04-05-2012)
  #60  
Old 03-07-2012, 01:28 PM
eroro1608's Avatar
eroro1608 eroro1608 is offline
1 in a million!
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego CA USA
Posts: 293
Thanks: 84
Thanked 131 Times in 104 Posts
Default

If the mail here is as bad getting to them as CIM, then I'm used to it! But at least at CIM the mail coming OUT is good, takes a couple of days sometimes two to get to me. I was just hoping someplace in CDCR they would have a grip on it but wishful thinking!
__________________
  #61  
Old 03-08-2012, 12:53 AM
Beachhouse's Avatar
Beachhouse Beachhouse is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: beach, usa
Posts: 6,391
Thanks: 2,143
Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,619 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eroro1608
If the mail here is as bad getting to them as CIM, then I'm used to it! But at least at CIM the mail coming OUT is good, takes a couple of days sometimes two to get to me. I was just hoping someplace in CDCR they would have a grip on it but wishful thinking!
They have too much of a "grip" ,they hold them too long before passing them out. : )
__________________
  #62  
Old 03-08-2012, 02:00 PM
mlcnkc mlcnkc is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 661
Thanks: 166
Thanked 359 Times in 252 Posts
Default

Plus I think they trash the outgoing!
  #63  
Old 03-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Beachhouse's Avatar
Beachhouse Beachhouse is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: beach, usa
Posts: 6,391
Thanks: 2,143
Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,619 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcnkc
Plus I think they trash the outgoing!
I hope never! We had one letter where I got a empty envelope. So sad.
__________________
  #64  
Old 03-09-2012, 04:33 PM
bamboo'swife bamboo'swife is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 704
Thanks: 294
Thanked 356 Times in 271 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachhouse View Post
I hope never! We had one letter where I got a empty envelope. So sad.
This has happened to me 3 times when we were at Donovan!!!!!!!!!!
  #65  
Old 03-09-2012, 04:56 PM
Beachhouse's Avatar
Beachhouse Beachhouse is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: beach, usa
Posts: 6,391
Thanks: 2,143
Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,619 Posts
Default

Wow Bamboo! I am sorry that it happened that much. Unfortunately is letter had important stuff in it. Fortunately though the envelope was a drawing of my uncle that had just passed away and I was glad to receive that.
__________________
  #66  
Old 04-03-2012, 03:08 AM
LuvlyBayGirl LuvlyBayGirl is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: California
Posts: 908
Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I haven't really been on here for a while so please excuse me if I am writing this in the wrong thread....
I know a friend of mine is at this facility (at least that's what the online inmate locator is telling me...) I tried to reach someone at the prison to get housing info to write the person, but for some reason I can never get a hold of anyone... Is there like a generic P.O. Box that I can send my letter to and then they will sort it out from the mail room and then we he writes back, I'll have his housing? Or can someone give me the right number or info I need to get a hold of someone in records?

Thanks in advance for the help. =)
  #67  
Old 04-03-2012, 09:19 AM
bamboo'swife bamboo'swife is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 704
Thanks: 294
Thanked 356 Times in 271 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiZ1n0nLy View Post
I haven't really been on here for a while so please excuse me if I am writing this in the wrong thread....
I know a friend of mine is at this facility (at least that's what the online inmate locator is telling me...) I tried to reach someone at the prison to get housing info to write the person, but for some reason I can never get a hold of anyone... Is there like a generic P.O. Box that I can send my letter to and then they will sort it out from the mail room and then we he writes back, I'll have his housing? Or can someone give me the right number or info I need to get a hold of someone in records?

Thanks in advance for the help. =)
619-661-6500 and wait for the prompt for main records. Can be difficult to get a "live" person sometimes but keep trying. Eventually someone will pick up. Hope you get through.
The Following User Says Thank You to bamboo'swife For This Useful Post:
  #68  
Old 04-03-2012, 12:14 PM
LuvlyBayGirl LuvlyBayGirl is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: California
Posts: 908
Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo'swife View Post
619-661-6500 and wait for the prompt for main records. Can be difficult to get a "live" person sometimes but keep trying. Eventually someone will pick up. Hope you get through.
I ended up just pressing "0" from the main menu and getting transferred 90,000 times. lol
Ends up he is in reception. Once again, I hope I am putting this in the right thread but if I send him a letter today, would it take longer for the mail to get to him vs. the time it would take if he was in GP? Thanks again for the help !! =)
  #69  
Old 04-03-2012, 01:26 PM
LuvlyBayGirl LuvlyBayGirl is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: California
Posts: 908
Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

one more thing... can I send him envelopes and paper while he is in reception?
  #70  
Old 04-04-2012, 10:35 AM
bamboo'swife bamboo'swife is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 704
Thanks: 294
Thanked 356 Times in 271 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiZ1n0nLy View Post
one more thing... can I send him envelopes and paper while he is in reception?
It doesn't take any longer for mail to get to reception than it does if he were mainlined.
Yes you can send evelopes and paper while he is in reception.
150 sheets of paper and 40 stamped envelopes max.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bamboo'swife For This Useful Post:
his#1 bball fan (04-05-2012)
  #71  
Old 05-08-2012, 02:46 PM
LuvlyBayGirl LuvlyBayGirl is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: California
Posts: 908
Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

So i just went to Disneyland and picked out a post card to send to my friend. Without even thinking about it, I chose one of those hologram thicker somewhat plastic postcards. Will they let him have it or will they deny it because he could melt the plastic down and make other things out of mickey's face? (Lol, I guess when you've been tied to someone in the inside for so long, you start to think like them too.... hahahaha)
  #72  
Old 05-08-2012, 03:20 PM
Jl'slady Jl'slady is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Mexico USA
Posts: 355
Thanks: 113
Thanked 168 Times in 94 Posts
Default

I doubt it. Probably would be afraid that he'd use it like a credit card and break out
Anything that they would have to destroy to inspect won't make it through.
  #73  
Old 05-08-2012, 07:06 PM
Beachhouse's Avatar
Beachhouse Beachhouse is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: beach, usa
Posts: 6,391
Thanks: 2,143
Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,619 Posts
Default

I've sent some thick ones from dland and didn't have an issue but that doesn't mean it will get through for sure.
__________________
The Following User Says Thank You to Beachhouse For This Useful Post:
  #74  
Old 05-09-2012, 04:12 PM
his#1 bball fan's Avatar
his#1 bball fan his#1 bball fan is offline
CALI Gal
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ☺♥☼California ☼♥☺
Posts: 2,453
Thanks: 1,996
Thanked 1,597 Times in 1,077 Posts
Default

HiZ1-since you said it was plastic, I would not send it. If it was thick paper, I'd say maybe, but since it's not I wouldn't chance it. Why don't you consider making a colored copy of it and write on the back of it instead? Just my opinion that way you don't take a chance on it being sent back to you or lost.
__________________

  #75  
Old 05-21-2012, 04:15 PM
Beachhouse's Avatar
Beachhouse Beachhouse is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: beach, usa
Posts: 6,391
Thanks: 2,143
Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,619 Posts
Default

Has anyone had a delay in their mail? Coming out of Donovan? Normally his mail comes in 2 days, like clockwork but he mailed something wed and it hasn't arrived yet. Thanks.
__________________
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
donovan state prison, habeas corpus, legal advice, mail regulations

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:52 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics